15 years and counting
    CJ reporting NOT reporting
    Once again their reporting is DOWN.
    Commission Summary by Event Date for new Commissions, Event Date from 7-Sep-2005 to 7-Oct-2005

NOT UPDATED

Commission Detail Report by Posting Date for Date from 7-Oct-2005 to 7-Oct-2005

Showing sales not reported in their commission summary

Merchants you are paying for a service we're not getting.
    These people don't provide the reporting you and us are expecting but they are charging you.
    How do you call that?
    Are their lawyers running the tech department also?

There are no issues affecting reprting. I just logged into several accounts and the reports you mentioned above worked fine.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

15 years and counting
    I checked several of my accounts and none of them are in synch.
    My commission summary is not updating.

PS: I'm talking about the transaction report you get from the home page where the old report used to be

ABW Ambassador
    Todd, awhile back you posted something about affiliate perception and CJ. There is a big thread about the new Publisher agreement with zero input from you. A lot of this perception you are perpetuating by only participating in certain threads. What's the deal? Sorry Zeus for the brief hijack.

Hmmm, I am not following you then. Are you saying your Quick Stats on the homepage are not updating or the numbers in the reporting section?
    Todd Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    There are no issues affecting reprting. I just logged into several accounts and the reports you mentioned above worked fine.

That old horse don't run~! It's a crock of

15 years and counting
    No, I'm not talking about Quick Stats, sorry. If you click on Review new transactions on the home page (in the Quick Stats section) you end up on Commission Summary by Event Date for new Commissions, Event Date from 7-Sep-2005 to 7-Oct-2005 with a detail for each day. Re: today I don't have the same figures than Publisher Home Commission Summary Commission Detail for Oct 7

OK - I think I get it now. You are trying to compare two reports with the same date range of essentially "today" (Oct. 7). You run a Commission Summary and get one total for your commissions and then run a Commission Detail report and get another number that is close but not exact. Try running these two reports for another date like yesterday (Oct. 6) - do you get the same numbers in both reports?

Anytime you run reports for the time period "today", they will always be out of synch if the reports are coming from different tables. The reason is it is impossible to ensure that they are updated at the exact same time with the exact sale data and are constantly changing as more data is added. Real-time reporting will always have this drawback. Once you look beyond today, you are looking at data that doesn't change and hence can be compared across different reports.

Sorry for all the back and forth on this. I hope I solved your problem.
    Last edited by ToddCrawford; October 7th, 2005 at 05:35 PM.
    Todd Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    OK - I think I get it now. You are trying to compare two reports with the same date range of essentially "today" (Oct. 7). You run a Commission Summary and get one total for your commissions and then run a Commission Detail report and get another number that is close but not exact. Try running these two reports for another date like yesterday (Oct. 6) - do you get the same numbers in both reports?

Anytime you run reports for the time period "today", they will always be out of synch if the reports are coming from different tables. The reason is it is impossible to ensure that they are updated at the exact same time with the exact sale data and are constantly changing as more data is added. Real-time reporting will always have this drawback. Once you look beyond today, you are looking at data that doesn't change and hence can be compared across different reports.

Sorry for all the back and forth on this. I hope I solved your problem.
    Todd I didn't know you could speak Greek (that's what it sounds like to me). This "new" reporting system really sucks!

I just have to post this real fast before the feeling fades or the brain cell containing the information gets destroyed.... I can understand exactly what Todd is saying above. .... whew... just amazed at the prospect of understanding "anything" that has to do with:
    1) The new reporting system
    2) What Todd says with respect to the new system
    3) That anything with CJ can make sense these days.

OK, here's how it is I think:
    The reports for TODAY will be different in different reporting sections because the different sections have not all updated yet.. to synchronize. If you do a report for yesterday, or preferably, the day before that... there would be enough time elapsed for all of the various reporting systems to have become in sinc.

I believe it's as simple as that...

What baffles me is that I read reports for today, or yesterday and then read those same reports in a few days and they are different. I mean, if I read a report today for sales that occured 2 days ago, I find that I have sales posted for 2 days ago, that say that they were posted 2 days ago...but, two days ago when I read the reports they didn't say that. So, the reports say that the sales were posted 2 days ago but they really WERE NOT posted 2 days ago..

Now I sound like Todd..

15 years and counting
    Todd - OK - I think I get it now. You are trying to compare two reports with the same date range of essentially "today" (Oct. 7). You run a Commission Summary and get one total for your commissions and then run a Commission Detail report and get another number that is close but not exact.
    That's it exactly. Everything is fine for the other days.
    I've priorities when I'm looking at my stats, what's important first is how much I'm selling today. Up to now, the Commission Summary by Event Date for new Commissions was the fastest report. I've my total earning for the day. If I need more details I click on the day, filter the info for the day and I've my last transactions. Now, why do I need that information?
    I still have high ranking pages, I know I'm not selling the same stuff in the morning or in the evening, on Monday or Friday, I've to change the products on some of my pages several times a day to optimize my sales. I've my own stats but I rely on CJ for the sale information.
    I'm not doing PPCse, but I'm sure the affiliates doing it have the same problem.

What's missing is a link going directly to a report showing the last transactions for the day without having to switch from one report to another and without having to filter the information. Seems fairly easy to do.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread