Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    New PSA Questions
    OK - let's not go overboard and post the same questions over and over. Please post any questions you have about the new PSA and I will try to answer them.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Internet Cowboy
    Does a link to a privacy policy have to be on every page or just the home page?
    How far in depth do we have to go in explaining how to disable cookies? Do we have to take all browsers in to consideration?
    What counts as a "third party application" in regards to displaying links? Metrics Direct? Top M÷xie?
    Top M÷xie operates on a revenue share basis for many affiliates using it. Does this make Top M÷xie a "third party"?

ABW Ambassador
    Explain the privacy policy and how that works, what people need to put on their site specifically.

Explain the clause that merchants can reverse at any time.

Why did you go from 90 days to 30 days for account deactivation. People starting out need more time.

ABW Ambassador
    30 days to #1 in the SERPS ?
    "Why did you go from 90 days to 30 days for account deactivation. People starting out need more time."

Even Really Good guys/gals need more time...

Internet Cowboy
    Pop up/unders delivered through downloadable software cannot engage in means that force clicks or perform redirects, or pop over a pay-per-click listing or natural search results.
    How are you prepared to enforce this? It will take only minutes to get violations of this on video. Are you going to actually start enforcing this?

Charge-backs may be applied to Your Account at any time, including previous payment cycles.
    Explain the "any time" real time.

Internet Cowboy
    Pop up/unders must honor the CJ Publisher Code of Conduct requirements (as such requirements may be modified from time to time), including but not limited to: (i) installation requirements, (ii) enduser agreement requirements, (iii) afsrc=1 requirements, (iv) requirements prohibiting usurpation of a Transaction that might otherwise result in a Payout to another Publisher (e.g. by purposefully detecting and forcing a subsequent click-through on a link of the same Advertiser) and (v) non-interference with competing advertiser/ publisher referrals.
    Same question here, Todd. This is a strong statement for CJ to make. It happens every minute of every day right now. How are you going to stop it?

You must fully and accurately disclose Your use of third party technology, including CJ's tracking technology, use of cookies and options for discontinuing use of such cookies.
    How can we accurately disclose something that we don't even know how it works?

Can you explain how the CJ's tracking technology works, so we can tell our visitors how those cookies (from CJ) work?

6. Term, Termination, Deactivation and Notices.
    (ii) Your Account has not been logged into and/or there have been no Transactions credited to Your Account for any 30 day period;
    Explain this one real good, because if what I read is what think I am reading, then I may be Deactivated this month from CJ, because after all this years, I now have less than five bucks on my account since the last pay cycle.

I really need an answer on this one before the 30 days are up, so I know what to do with my links this weekend.

Sal.

Internet Cowboy
    Todd,
    Regarding the 90 day deactivation being moved to 30 days, is CJ doing that as a matter of conserving resources? This is what it appears like to me, considering the problems of late. Would it not be a wiser move to add more hardware to handle the additional need for resources than to boot new publishers after 30 days?

I did not have a sale in my first 30 days with CJ and I now make you guys a considerable amount of money every month. It really seems that you are shooting yourself in the foot here.

enduser agreement requirements, (iii) afsrc=1 requirements, (iv) requirements prohibiting usurpation of a Transaction that might otherwise result in a Payout to another Publisher (e.g. by purposefully detecting and forcing a subsequent click-through on a link of the same Advertiser) and (v) non-interference with competing advertiser/ publisher referrals.
    I've got to say/ask we have been showing you/CJ ample video evidence of these tricks happening over the last 3 years or so and you have done nothing about it, why all of a sudden have CJ decided, and for what reason, that we have to show a PSA on our sites when we have no say whatsoever in what these parasites do to/with the cookies?

It is CJ who is allowing these things to happen not us honest affiliates. I'm baffled????
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Explain the privacy policy and how that works, what people need to put on their site specifically.

Why did you go from 90 days to 30 days for account deactivation. People starting out need more time.
    OK, I will answer this one first because it is the easiest. I think you are referring to section 6c. The Unproductive Publisher Policy is still 6 months - meaning as long as your account generates at least one commissionable txn, you will not be subject to a fee or have your account deactivated. We have the right to deactivate an account for several reasons, one being if "Your Account has not been logged into and/or there have been no Transactions credited to Your Account for any 30 day period". We have no automated process to actualy enforce this policy - it is simply a part of the agreement that gives us more flexibility to deactivate an account - if we need to deactivate an account.

We are not interested in deactivating publisher accounts that are driving value or have the potential to drive value.
    Todd Crawford

Why would you give someone the boot for not logging into their account for 30 Days..??

That makes no sense.. if I take a vacation for 30 days and decide to NOT LOG IN..
    Why would that be an issue for CJ..??

----------

AND ALSO - What Gordon Said..?? I am baffled as well..??

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Does a link to a privacy policy have to be on every page or just the home page?
    How far in depth do we have to go in explaining how to disable cookies? Do we have to take all browsers in to consideration?
    What counts as a "third party application" in regards to displaying links? Metrics Direct? Top M÷xie?
    Top M÷xie operates on a revenue share basis for many affiliates using it. Does this make Top M÷xie a "third party"?
    I think we really just want a basic privacy policy on your site - at a minimum on your homepage but ideally easily accessable from everywhere on your site. Just use common sense - think what would you want to see if you were the visitor. I will try to get more insight from our legal on this, in case there is anything else that I need to add.

Third party distribution is something that you do not own, like another network. Top Moxie is technically a third party but they are providing their service to a company that is using it as their own.

Basically, publishers cannot buy inventory on other ad networks.
    Todd Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by AddHandler
    Why would you give someone the boot for not logging into their account for 30 Days..??

That makes no sense.. if I take a vacation for 30 days and decide to NOT LOG IN..
    Why would that be an issue for CJ..??

----------

AND ALSO - What Gordon Said..?? I am baffled as well..??
    You need to read what I wrote. I said that we are not interested in deactivating accounts for not logging in. This just gives us more options when determining that we wish to deactivate an account.
    Todd Crawford

Gordon,

I do not understand why you have an issue with us outlining these policies.

enduser agreement requirements, (iii) afsrc=1 requirements, (iv) requirements prohibiting usurpation of a Transaction that might otherwise result in a Payout to another Publisher (e.g. by purposefully detecting and forcing a subsequent click-through on a link of the same Advertiser) and (v) non-interference with competing advertiser/ publisher referrals.
    Todd Crawford

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    ~?
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I think he went to get another before he reply again, because he run out of that one, or someone reversed the one he was using.

ABW Ambassador
    Monday?

I am home now and drinking a glass of real wine. I have friends over for dinner tonight, so it is pretty busy but I ducked away to my office for a quick post.
    Todd Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    I am home now and drinking a glass of real wine. I have friends over for dinner tonight, so it is pretty busy but I ducked away to my office for a quick post.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Sorry I missed this one earlier.

All networks (LS, BF, PF) allow for reversals - we are not changing anything. It was in the old one, we just shortened the sentence.

3.5 in the old PSA stated:

CJ may apply at any time Charge-backs for all Transactions from Publisher's Web site(s) and/or subscription emails for Publisher's or its Sub-Publisher's failure to comply with this Agreement.
    Todd Crawford

CJ may apply at any time Charge-backs for all Transactions from Publisher's Web site(s) and/or subscription emails for Publisher's or its Sub-Publisher's failure to comply with this Agreement.~Old Agreement
    That's a LOT different from the new version.

The old version is only allowing unlimited reversals for "failure to comply with this agreement."

Section 3(b) of the NEW version, is allowing unlimited reversals for normal things like product returns, basically at the merchant's whim--regardless of whether the agreement was violated.

(Section 3, Item B) (b) Charge-backs. An Advertiser may apply, or CJ may apply, a debit to Your Account in an amount equal to a Payout previously credited to Your Account in circumstances of : (i) product returns; (ii) duplicate entry or other clear error; (iii) non-bona fide Transactions; (iv) non-receipt of payment from, or refund of payment to, the Visitor by the Advertiser; or (v) Publisher failure to comply with Advertiser's Program terms or other agreement with Advertiser ("Charge-back"). Charge-backs may be applied to Your Account at any time, including previous payment cycles.
    If a merchant doesn't realize all that stuff within a reasonable period, the responsibility lies with them, not their in-compliance publishers.

It was in the old one, we just shortened the sentence.
    Yeah, you "shortened" off the part that made it reasonable, and had restricted the open-ended liability to instances of violation!

We all know how much proof merchants provide us to back up their claimed reversal reasons: ZERO! This change makes it so there is a loophole big enough for crooked merchants to drive a semi-truck through the entire contract.
    Last edited by Leader; October 7th, 2005 at 10:40 PM.

Todd - "I said that we are not interested in deactivating accounts for not logging in. This just gives us more options when determining that we wish to deactivate an account."

Then I don't understand why it has to be written IN.. if you already have the other options - why would this small insignificant detail to be written in..

AND
    What Leader Said::

---------------
    Basically Todd - The reason a lot of us are mad about this isn't just the fact that it is now required that we post a Privacy Policy.. It is the fact that WE as a COMMUNITY have been hounding CJ for YEARS to clean their act up and get rid of the parasitic partners that you PUSH on the merchants... We all know that it is only a handful of so called AFFILIATES.. and now you are acting like it is a GLOBAL ISSUE.. and making us take part in something that we have BEGGED you to distance yourself from..

CJ has always had the ability to DO THE RIGHT THING and give the bad apples the BOOT but instead you have actually SUGGESTED that these parasitic partners are exactly what most merchants NEED - by pushing them as TOP PERFORMERS... and NOW we have to put this CRAP on our sites.. WHY..?? It's not OUR FAULT - so why should we be required to do something like this when it is still no gaurantee that CJ will actually give their PARASITIC PARTNERS THE BOOT... more than likely these partners will comply with this idiotic requirement since no one REALLY reads privacy statements any way.. based on past experience you will still partner with and PUSH parasitic adwhores so there is no REAL REASON for any of us to comply at all..

YOU CLEAN UP THE PARASITIC CRAP you push on the merchants and then we would have no problems posting a privacy policy.. until then I do not see any reason to put any effort into any special requirements made by Commission Junction..!!

ABW Ambassador
    The old one also had:
    "Charge-backs requested by an Advertiser in accordance with the preceding sentence may be applied up to and including the 60th day after the end of the month in which the Payout was earned ("Charge-back Period")."

New one doesn't. So in both CJ could do it at anytime but what about the advertiser? Does what i quoted above still apply? Or can advertisers now request it past the 60th day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast