Help, I need somebody.
    I need some very serious advice. I went over this concern before, but somehow did not really get an answer. So I shall try again. Heck, I dont give up quite so easy.

I am working from home. I work full time on the net now. I have a few systems up and running. Starting make money. I know for sure the potential is there.

My husband has MS, and really does not have the energy or physical ability to sit at the computer.

I have no friends that understand my computer networking/adsense/affiliate selling. I really dont understand myself.

I would like to find someone to partner/ or at least kind of work with together somehow..<not sure how to phrase it properly>

My question: How would I go about finding someone?

Ruth - Sonja

You might also want to try freelance help . . . if nobody offers to help you here. I think it might be almost a conflict of interest here though, where we're also affiliates. You're looking to partner with someone and hoping they might also bring your site into the black a bit quicker than you can do alone, am I right? Do a search on freelance and freelancing at a search engine and see what that brings. There just might be someone up your alley. You are an affiliate and not a merchant right?

Maybe you can indicate your location, there maybe someone within your vicinity that can offer their help. It would be better to meet face to face and make arrangement how to work out.

You can try what bwc suggested first and see how is the respond.

Hi Ruth,

Not sure if this will work for you but here it is.... Teach!

I started doing affiliate marketing about 7 years ago.. I felt the same way as you. I needed some cohorts. I ended up teaching my father the business. Then my brother, then my other brother and soon the knowledge started to spread. Eventually my daughters boyfriend started doing affiliate marketing and general internet marketing as well. In the end it has become a family affair and I now have a support system in place so that I can toss ideas back and forth between the people that I know so that we can share ideas and concerns about internet marketing.

At first I started asking questions similar to yours because I felt like I was all alone. But after I decided to share my knowledge with the people that I know, it turned out that I eventually I could learn things from the people that I had taught.. many things in fact. So, the best way to team up with people is to take an inventory of the people around you and then see if you can interest them in what you do. Teach them what you already know.. and eventually you will have a support system.

I sent you a PM

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Collier
    Hi Ruth,

Not sure if this will work for you but here it is.... Teach!

I started doing affiliate marketing about 7 years ago.. I felt the same way as you. I needed some cohorts. I ended up teaching my father the business. Then my brother, then my other brother and soon the knowledge started to spread. Eventually my daughters boyfriend started doing affiliate marketing and general internet marketing as well. In the end it has become a family affair and I now have a support system in place so that I can toss ideas back and forth between the people that I know so that we can share ideas and concerns about internet marketing.

At first I started asking questions similar to yours because I felt like I was all alone. But after I decided to share my knowledge with the people that I know, it turned out that I eventually I could learn things from the people that I had taught.. many things in fact. So, the best way to team up with people is to take an inventory of the people around you and then see if you can interest them in what you do. Teach them what you already know.. and eventually you will have a support system.

I tried this.... I'm surrounded by techno idiots... no one, I mean no one around me gets it...

MY wife gladly cashes and spends my commissions while saying, " I see you're playing on the internet again"

everyone else gives me the "deer in the headlights look"

at this point, I'm not so sure I want any of them doing what I do for a living...

joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I think affiliate marketing is about the most "teach yourself" business there is ...at this point.
    But if you have a support system, mentor, whatever, make use of them.
    Tons of relevant info is already on the web.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread