Question clicks on AMZN search not showing?
    I've built some links into AMZN using their tools to go to predefined keywords. Tried them over a few weeks and never* see the hits in the reports (items not bought). Any ideas -- anyone else noticing this?

_____
    *actually, saw two sales almost at once on one of these links quite a while back, but I don't think I've ever seen other clicks registered.

We've been having a problem with any of their search links that have 2 or more key words in the link sequence and the %20 sign. Using Macromedia Dreamweaver - it automatically takes the %20 out and creates a space that makes the link defunct. Scripting the search results ~with~ the %20 using a .php link makes it work.

I contacted Amazon Assoc. about this a few months ago and they basically told me I just shouldn't use Dreamweaver for the links. Too late for that
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

Cool
    saw a recent post on a nearby subject just a little while ago in the AMZN forum: something about only direct link clicks being shown in the "items not sold" section of the reports. Guess that explains it.

>>>We've been having a problem with any of their search links that have 2 or more key words in the link sequence <<<

I hand-coded many search links from a page when I discovered the basic code never changed. The %20, of course, isn't a problem then. (the program I use for html is a little primitive by today's standards -- but it works)

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread