Krupps replacement?
    Does anyone know a good SAS replacement for Krupps?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Does anyone know a good SAS replacement for Krupps?
    Try Espresso Zone
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Krupps (with 2 Ps) = Outdoor Decor-like stuff, not coffee. (Unlike Krups, 1 p, the coffee machine company.)

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Leader; October 9th, 2005 at 01:18 PM.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Anyone got enough influence with them to get them to open an SAS account?

I used to but my sales have been off this year.

I serriously wonder if they would do better for me if they weren't on CJ. Maybe, more sales would track.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Do what you can for 'em: Promise to promote the heck out of 'em if they do move.

Just don't *promise* that the extra promotion will bring results. Let them assume it will.
    If they do move, go ahead and add the pages (or dedicated site, or whatever) and make a "good faith" effort at them, quality-wise...but since you didn't promise results, your conscience can be clear if the new material doesn't rank in the SEs.

They also may be amenable to opening at SaS *along with* CJ, rather than a total move.

If anyone else is a Krupps affiliate, please consider asking them to open an SAS account.

It does not need to be any more complex than "Please, consider opening an alternate account at Sharasale http://www.shareasale.com."

If they get even a few such requests, it may put a bug in their ear.

Thanks

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Krupps (with 2 Ps) = Outdoor Decor-like stuff, not coffee. (Unlike Krups, 1 p, the coffee machine company.)
    Interestingly, both gloss over the period from 1932 to 1945 in the corporate histories at their web site.

As one of Germany's oldest and largest weapons manufacturers, the role of Krupps is well known. Is there much reliable documentation for Krups' participation during that period?

I wasn't able to find any statement of apology from either company at their sites. If you find one I'd be very grateful.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

That has exactly what to do with selling decorative wheel barrows and garden bridges?

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    That has exactly what to do with selling decorative wheel barrows and garden bridges?
    Not much, I suppose. Just asking. Those are both interesting companies. And if you're looking to replace either of them you're in good company.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

As one of Germany's oldest and largest weapons manufacturers, the role of Krupps is well known.
    Weapons?!

I wonder how in the heck they decided to go into decorative outdoor products?

Yeah, but I need to replace these products or take down major areas of several sites.

That is what I am concerned about.

OMG!!!!
    They are on SAS!!!
    Active on: 09/30/2005

Hope I can figure some slick search and replace to change all the links!

YEP!!!!

I think there is a fast and dirty!!!
    Last edited by SSanf; October 10th, 2005 at 11:08 PM.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    This thread really confused me. Just to make certain no one else is confused, from Krupps Outdoor Decor's site:
    Founded in 1998, Krupps.com, Inc. was started by two sisters that wanted to bring their wealth of knowledge in the garden industry to people all across the world. For over 40 years our founders have worked in the garden decoration industry, continually finding and even creating new products for their customers.
    Krupps.com, Inc. is proud to work with hundreds of manufacturers of home decor and garden decor to provide you our customer with the largest selection of Home decorations and garden decorations imaginable, combined with the best service in the industry. We hope to provide for all your home decor and garden decor needs.

Re: WW2-Off topic-
    Many people don't realize Coca-Cola was a major sponsor of the '36 Berlin Olympics.
    After America got into the war, Coke pulled out & the Germans created their own 'replacement' soda which later came to be known as 'Fanta'.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    Re: WW2-Off topic-
    Many people don't realize Coca-Cola was a major sponsor of the '36 Berlin Olympics.
    After America got into the war, Coke pulled out & the Germans created their own 'replacement' soda which later came to be known as 'Fanta'.
    The "Don't ya wanna wanna Fanta????"
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

The other Krups (coffee makers, etc) is a German born company:
    http://www.krups.com/krups/Focus/His...ps+History.htm
    However, it seems according to their own site as well as others, that they mostly made scales during the war years. Krups was not Krupp Works, the German munitions manufacturers. (http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_078.html ) added

And now, off to grab SAS links for Krupsdecor. Hope this means they'll start answering their emails again. They really got bad about communication the last couple of years, including some drastic changes to the datafeed at cj and I had stopped carrying them. However, they have some niche lines that very few others carry.
    Last edited by webmarm; October 11th, 2005 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Forgot to add link

ABW Ambassador
    This CJ new PSA dark cloud does have a silver lining.

cj merchants are fleeing to SAS by the truckload.

I logged into sas and saw so many merchants with loads of products. CJ's PSA could be the breakthrough SAS needed to get the merchants affiliates need.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread