RPM World is offline NOW - Not 2 weeks from now
    RPM World sent an email stating they are ending their program in a few weeks but they are offline now. May as well make sure they're completely off your site. And, if you plan to follow them in the future, I suggest not to. They have a tendency to not be with any network for long. Seems to be a game they're playing instead of their own racing game.

Here's their email they sent to me:

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Dear Affiliate,

RPMworld.com is going to terminate our affiliate program with Share-a-Sale in the next few weeks. Our account has run down below $50 and we do not intend to replenish the funds. As a courtesy to our Affiliates, we want to inform you of this before you incur any commissions that could not be paid.

Please visit www.rpmworld.com for the latest news and information about our Virtual Drag Race game. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Brian Busche
    affiliates@rendition.net

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Yeah. I pulled their button as soon as I got the email knowing full well if I waited 2 weeks, I'd forget to.

They converted like a piece of crap anyhow, even on car racing related sites.

Sounds Like BS to me!
    Please visit www.rpmworld.com for the latest news and information about our Virtual Drag Race game.
    They actually had the nerve to advertise a game when delivering the bad news.

Richard
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

They actually had the nerve to advertise a game when delivering the bad news.
    I thought the same thing but I didn't want to remove it because that woulda been like I was hiding something. But I did think that was kind of spammy of RPM . . .

I just had a thought . . . this coincides with the new thinking from the other CJ thread where new terms are being addressed . . .

WHAT IF we were to post on our website(s) our TERMS for using us as affiliates, and WE ALL were to START CHARGING MERCHANTS a fee in the event that they do not convert. And another fee for IF they decide to end their program before a 6 month period. And another fee for making us change out our links because of their errors.

Anyone else want to add to these new Terms? I'm semi-serious here. How many years do we run a merchant and never receive a dime for promoting them? There should be a FEE to start using affiliates from a network. To be fair, the Fee could be refunded in the event they start converting. They make a $50 deposit into our account within the network and have to work it off. If they don't, we keep the balance. If they leave, we keep the balance. If they cause us to have to perform idiotic rework due to images or some other crap, we keep the whole fee . . . shit . . . I'm starting to like this . . . should we start a new thread with a STICKY????

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread