Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bulk Mail Programs
    Hi everyone,
    First to let you know I am NOT a spammer. I have opt in lists that I need to manage in a much more suitable way. I get about 4,000 leads everyday and I can only get out about 400 emails a day with hotmail shutting me down. I am looking at all kinds of bulkk emailing solutions from being web based to PC based. There are alot of programs and it is a touch overwhelming. I wanted to know if someone could recommend a program? I am currently looking at Kmailer, EXP Elite, Prospect Mailer and Mailinglistmaster.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Bill Wynne

Ps forgive me if this was not the right forum for this post but was not sure where to put it.

ABW Ambassador

Not sure of your reply
    I got a blank reply with something about a Scott Richter

Can someone please explain

I think we all receive enough spam from supposedly "legitimate opt in" lists that none of us would be willing to help.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I think we all receive enough spam from supposedly "legitimate opt in" lists that none of us would be willing to help.
    I feel that if I just say ditto to that reply, I would be too lazy, so I will repeat that reply.

I know that we all receive more than enough from supposedly " legitimate opt in" lists that none of us would be willing to help.

Read my pepperoni

Sal.

You think these leads are trash then?
    Fellas,
    I run a network marketing business and when I call these leads they expected me to call. They are looking for work. The big lead provider is key2net leads. But I buy from lead sources like fastmlm, cuttingedgemedia and the like. This is legit. I surely didnot expect this kind of treatment. I know there is a great lack of trust in the world but I am sincere. I dont know what else to say except I feel bad for the comments made here although I understand peoples frustrations. A question then....How are you, or are you doing business with mailing lists and how do you generate your customer base?

Sincerely,
    Bill Wynne

If you're "buying leads", I really question whether or not they intended to "opt in" to your newsletter.

I can't even count the number of times I've received spam promoting legitimate companies, that are supposedly opt in, but that I never signed up for, to email addressses that I never give out. The times I've checked with the companies, they've with their "affiliates" and it's always an "opt in list" that the affiliate purchased.

There's no such thing as purchasing an "opt in list". You may be sincere, but you're sincerely wrong.

How do we generate mailing lists? By having a signup list on our sites and requiring a double-opt-in.

And don't even get me started on "network marketing"...
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Almost case closed
    Michael,
    I would like to close this case but you must understand that a company like cutting edge media will sell you real time leads. These people legitimately sign up to be contacted about business opportunities from home. I recieve that lead in about 5-20 minutes from when they fill it out. I call them and they are surprised by my call. They know why I am calling and often times thank me for contacing them. I only state this case to notify you that there is very legitimate business being done out there. Not every network marketing business is a scam.....mine has a very helpful service saving people a great deal of money. I am in it because we truly help people. I do understand your concerns but anyhow I thank you for your thoughts.

With due respect,
    Bill Wynne

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    If you're "buying leads", I really question whether or not they intended to "opt in" to your newsletter.

I can't even count the number of times I've received spam promoting legitimate companies, that are supposedly opt in, but that I never signed up for, to email addressses that I never give out. The times I've checked with the companies, they've with their "affiliates" and it's always an "opt in list" that the affiliate purchased.

There's no such thing as purchasing an "opt in list". You may be sincere, but you're sincerely wrong.

How do we generate mailing lists? By having a signup list on our sites and requiring a double-opt-in.

And don't even get me started on "network marketing"...
    Great post, worth repeating here.

The problem with sellers of lists is that they very rarely have explicit permission from their subcribers to sell their info to others. I suppose it's not impossible that there may be one or two legitimate list sellers out there, but I've not seen one yet.

Proceed with caution. Unless you're doing your own double-opt-in, working with list sellers may leave you vulnerable to very stiff penalties under the federal CAN-SPAM Act.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Try PC iMail 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by billwynne
    I am looking at all kinds of bulkk emailing solutions from being web based to PC based. There are alot of programs and it is a touch overwhelming. I wanted to know if someone could recommend a program?
    My reply might be a little late for you given the date of your post, but there may be others reading this thread so here goes.

I recommend that you take a look at PC iMail 2006 (http://www.prosoftapps.com/pcimail). It was designed specifically for the purpose you described - communicating with legitimate registered users, but doing so in a personal way by delivering each message individually to each user (thus avoiding a long Cc list, or an impersonal Bcc address). It allows you to insert mail merge fields so that each message contains each recipient's first and last name.

A couple recently added features include a built-in html editor so that you can create html messages, and the ability to configure a time delay in between message delivery to comply with restrictions many ISPs place on the amount of email that can be sent in a given time period.

I am the author of this program (and I use it to submit my own press releases and newsletters because it's a huge time saver), so please feel free to direct any questions to me directly using rick (@) prosoftapps.com. I've also created an article title "How To Send a mail merge press release or newsletter without Outlook or Word" at http://www.prosoftapps.com/pcimail/h...nouncement.htm that I think you'll find useful.

Best regards,

Rick Palmer | President | ProSoft Apps
    Family-Safe Software Download Site - http://www.prosoftapps.com
    Author of PC iMail 2006 - http://www.prosoftapps.com/pcimail

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Play it safe
    I've never encountered a list seller whose lists can be trusted to be legitimate opt ins. My personal mindset is that there is NO such thing.

For that reason we do not permit any form of emailing to anyone other than our own customers - with whom we have a direct business relationship. Nor would I ever allow our customer list to be sold for any purpose as it only prostitutes the list and further irritates consumers.

It has taken us over three years to build a list of 200,000 + customers, and I certainly do not want to undermine that lists productivity or integrity by selling it or allowing others to use it for any purpose. Doing it right takes years, but that time spent ethically building a customer data base is far preferrable to engaging in the underhanded antics of the "list for sale" industry.

I'd sincerely suggest that you avoid buying so called opt in lists, or ANY other kind of email lists from others. It is a guaranteed path to problems.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by billwynne
    Hi everyone,
    First to let you know I am NOT a spammer. I have opt in lists that I need to manage in a much more suitable way. I get about 4,000 leads everyday and I can only get out about 400 emails a day with hotmail shutting me down. I am looking at all kinds of bulkk emailing solutions from being web based to PC based. There are alot of programs and it is a touch overwhelming. I wanted to know if someone could recommend a program? I am currently looking at Kmailer, EXP Elite, Prospect Mailer and Mailinglistmaster.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Bill Wynne

Ps forgive me if this was not the right forum for this post but was not sure where to put it.
    I don't want to repit myself as i already answered but in my humble opinion i would purchase a hosting plan and install pho mailing management script.Even cheapest hosting provider allows you to send out aroun 2000 emails per day.Look up "sendstudio 2004" php script.Might be right on money!

ABW Ambassador
    Take the advice from the russian spammer, spamming sendstudio 2004! if you can't trust him, who can you trust? What software was that again? "sendstudio 2004"! What bulk mail software can be used to revive months old thread? "sendstudio 2004"! Too tired to spam yourself? "sendstudio 2004"! Can't sleep at night? "sendstudio 2004"! Does you erection last longer than 4 hours? "sendstudio 2004"!

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Take the advice from the russian spammer, spamming sendstudio 2004...
    uh-oh...

Is that what it is? No wonder why so many posts over the past 24 hours (just noticed that some of them resurrected old e-mail-related threads)...

G.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    uh-oh...

Is that what it is? No wonder why so many posts over the past 24 hours (just noticed that some of them resurrected old e-mail-related threads)...

G.
    Geno,
    you mean promotional posting?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I've never sent out any promotional e-mails from my Domain or ISP POP3 servers since 1998. Folks have to pay to get on my computer wholesaleclub e-mail list. Even then I restrict myself to sending group e-mails through the Double Opt-in and self servicing permissions of Yahoo's egroups program. Same goes for all my clients to prevent any spam complaints, and I instill in them the long term value of not sending out more then 12 group promotional e-mails per year to their Opt-in customer base.

Adding new customers to the egroups e-mail forum via the invite feature gets a 40% acceptance rate. One recent Christmas special offer mailing generated 381 sales within 3 days. Simple to track as the e-mail link was coded to set a cookie recognized by their shopping cart, giving responder a free patented suspender hanger + free freight on any suspender and/or Sloops jeans order over $75.00. Client thought it would be a fullfilment mess, but saw the whole promotion didn't add one bit of hassle to himself or his shipping department. Average order size was 92.00 and extra expense was limited to wholesale cost of the suspender hanger and 500 larger UPS shipping boxes.

Moral of the story came when he asked me to immediately followup with another group e-mailing. I said no, as it would dilute the value to that repeat customer list. NET result was he's still getting orders from the original mailing as the recepients can converse via the private egroup members lauding their suspender hanger spiff they received. Someone in the group reposted the special coded link... Mike & Charlie rule #1 for any e-mailing..... make it special as if it cost you a postage stamp fee.

Meanwhile my own e-mail addressed to @ecomcity.com is blacklisted and bounced when forwarded to my Comcast ISP account for the last 3 weeks. Seems Fastnext.com hosting has some e-mail blasters in their IP server ranges getting all the innocents blocked. I've never sent a single e-mail through their POP3 hosting account, yet I'm blacklisted
    Last edited by ecomcity; December 17th, 2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Meanwhile my own e-mail addressed to @ecomcity.com is blacklisted and bounced when forwarded to my Comcast ISP account for the last 3 weeks. Seems Fastnext.com hosting has some e-mail blasters in their IP server ranges getting all the innocents blocked. I've never sent a single e-mail through their POP3 hosting account, yet I'm blacklisted
    Hmmmm.... I've just notified FastNext of the situation, Mike. I'm sure Serge will look into this as soon as he gets to his computer...

Geno

Hmmmm.... I've just notified FastNext of the situation, Mike. I'm sure Serge will look into this as soon as he gets to his computer...

Geno
    No offense Geno, but they all know the situation and have copies of all Comcast support e-mails regarding the bounced/blocked error codes. My only immediate workaround till they resolve the Hosting IP block was to setup individual e-mail boxes for each valid @ecomcity.com alias. Remove all forwarding and setup my outlook express to receive those e-mails. Problem is 90% is all spam missed by any filtering rules and the anti-spam server program. I educated Comcast's POP3 server over the years to block most of this continuous garbage. Mail fetching is slow too as I allow AVG to scan each e-mail for viruses. I was spoiled by just logging into Comcast filtered and virus proof e-mail and deleting the bogus or unimportant stuff before hitting my Outlook program.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Hey folks
    all i wanted is to help out a man with question-didn't mean to help out spammer to make YOUR life harder.Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    No offense Geno, but they all know the situation and have copies of all Comcast support e-mails regarding the bounced/blocked error codes...
    Mike, there's absolutely nothing for me to take offense at. You got a situation. A situation I personally have had in the past too. I wish I knew about yours to try to help you earlier. We'll see where it gets now...

G.

Mike, there's absolutely nothing for me to take offense at. You got a situation. A situation I personally have had in the past too. I wish I knew about yours to try to help you earlier. We'll see where it gets now...

G.
    Hey I considered it a break. Imagine weeks of only getting 10-15 emails a day. All from LS merchants where the bounces triggered an account reverification. I originally thought Comcast singled me out as quite a while back I sicked the FTC on them for being a safehaven for broadband spam operations to the tune of billions per day. Cost them some big fines and expenses for security patches, account monitoring and Anti-Spam S/W. Mentioned that to them when they were bouncing some Google Checkout Staff e-mails regarding the beta test site.

Affiliate Manager
    It is rather hard to get to the right person at comcast who can tell why they may be blocking certain ip. I got the following response from Comcast. Looks like canned.

Please send an email to blacklist_comcastnet@cable.comcast.com to be considered for removal. To expedite review of your request, please include the error message sent to you and the specific IP address of the mail server that you believe is blocked in the body of the email. Please note: your mail server is not blocked from sending email to the cable.comcast.com domain.
    Sorry, but I cannot fins any copies of your bounced back emails. It was hard to guess you id in our helpdesk. So, if you have any bounced emails from comcast, please forward those emails to them as was suggested above with a request to release the block.

At the moment I don't see that server blacklisted in any decent spamlist (272 lists checked). It is listed in BLARS, but as was discussed in antispam googlegroups that blacklist should not be used because of the management issues. That guy listed almost all internet and wants $150 for the removal regardless of the reason the ip was put on the list. And I doubt that comcast uses it. Like any other big ISP they probably have their internal rules for mail handling, but I was not able to get to the right person who can explain it. Many ISPs hads white lists and ips that listes their has higher priority in mail delivery etc. So, in case somebody has direct phone # for their mail abuse department and not just the lady on the phone I would appreciate forwarding it to me. A few minutes on the phone with the right person may help to make clear what is the source of ecomcity's issue and probably make mail exchange between our mailservers and comcast much faster.

I just want to note that we don't allow mass mailing on our shared servers and have a limit of 100 emails per hour per user. It is enough for normal mail activity, but prevents tons of mail be sent when account is hacked via bad written php script or the hole is find in mail functionality of hosted forums, etc. We constantly monitor mail queues and once we found suspicuous activity we take strict actions against abusing accounts.
    Reported spammers are suspended at the moment we get an abuse report.

On the other hand there are a lot of valid and lawful reasons people need to use mass mailing like alerts, service notifications to the customers, etc. Since there is such services like aol who blocks ips once they get 1000+ emails per hour from it regardless whether it is spam or not we are forced to host people who use massmailing on VPS servers in order to keep our shared hosting servers not affected.

I sent many examples of the Comcast blocking messages to their abuse team so they could review the blocking codes and IP's. One alert flag might come from FastNext not catching 90% of the obvious spam with their POP3 server spam assasin program. I just took 1 hour to log-in to cpanel and go through 7 valid aliasis I use for ecomcity.com and found hundreds of obvious spams in each mailbox. All with ramdom first name last name in sender and first name in subject all from porn -pill pushing -loans etc types. Thousands in my blacklist section after just a few days. Delete all but 6 e-mail messages and hit my Outlook Express button. Still got 40 spams downloaded and the 6 I wanted. Maybe forwarding thousands of spams addressed to just the legit ecomcity aliases (rest blackholed) triggered Comcast's alarms??

Dear Webmaster,

Thank you for contacting Comcast, my name is Michelle, I will be happy to assist you today.

Offering our customers the most effective possible support is a priority at Comcast. We appreciate that you have given us this opportunity to communicate with you and we want to address your concerns as quickly as possible. Although most issues can be addressed from within the email forum, in some cases "Live Interaction" is necessary. In order to assist you, we ask that you use the link below to open a "Chat session" with a representative or call us using the information provided.

Chat Assistance is available from your home for both Internet and Video troubleshooting:
    http://www.comcastsupport.com/sdcxus...rchatstart.asp

If you require assistance and prefer to speak to a representative:
    Please call us at 1-800-COMCAST (266-2278) - Customer Care and Internet Support 24/7

To assure the proper tracking of this issue, we have created the following customer service ticket: 77597911

sample bounced/blocked e-mail sent to mike@ from my other hosting webmail account
    A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

imsmike@comcast.net
    (ultimately generated from mike@ecomcity.com)
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<mike@get-in2.com> SIZE=2284:
    host gateway-r.comcast.net [204.127.198.26]: 550 69.72.157.72 blocked by ldapu=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net -> BL004 Blocked for spam. Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/inde...il_Policy18628

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <mike@get-in2.com>
    Received: from ecomcity by mu.fastbighost.com with local-bsmtp (Exim 4.52)
    id 1GuzMB-0001Ha-5Q
    for mike@ecomcity.com; Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:47:18 +0000
    X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.7 (2006-10-05) on mu.fastbighost.com
    X-Spam-Level:
    X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.6 required=5.0 tests=NO_REAL_NAME autolearn=no
    version=3.1.7
    Received: from [66.39.3.88] (helo=wbm10.pair.net)
    by mu.fastbighost.com with esmtp (Exim 4.52)
    id 1GuzMB-0001DC-0k
    for mike@ecomcity.com; Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:47:15 +0000
    Received: by wbm10.pair.net (Postfix, from userid 65534)
    id 6A1C28D651; Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:47:16 -0500 (EST)
    Received: from 68.43.110.120 ([68.43.110.120])
    (SquirrelMail authenticated user mike@get-in2.com)
    by webmail10.pair.com with HTTP;
    Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:47:16 -0500 (EST)
    Message-ID: <2980.68.43.110.120.1166136436.squirrel@webmail10.pair.com>
    Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:47:16 -0500 (EST)
    Subject: testing pair mailbox
    To: mike@get-in2.com
    Cc: mike@ecomcity.com
    User-Agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.5
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
    X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
    Importance: Normal
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

mike@ get-in2.com mail box

Mike, Serge is on a business trip now, but I'll get him to look into this as soon as he gets a chance. Thank you.

Geno

I just got off phone with Comcast support on this issue and activated one forward in the "mail" cpanel section. That one goes to imsmike@ comcast.net from mike@ ecomcity.com and using Fastnext webmail or the Comcast webmail the below message to mike@ ecomcity.com bounced with this error message....

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

mike@comcast.net
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<ims@ecomcity.com> SIZE=1718:
    host gateway-r.comcast.net [204.127.198.26]: 521-EHLO/HELO from sender 208.116.16.7 does not map to mu.fastbighost.com in DNS
    521-sending machine name must be provided as a fully
    521-qualified domain via EHLO/HELO command.
    521-see section 4.1.1.1 and 4.1.4 of RFC 2821
    521 521: Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/inde...il_Policy18784 for more information.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <ims@ecomcity.com>
    Received: from cpanel by mu.fastbighost.com with local (Exim 4.52)
    id 1GwMU1-0002u2-Mb
    for mike@comcast.net; Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:41:01 +0000
    Received: from 68.43.110.120 ([68.43.110.120]) by 69.72.157.72 (Horde MIME
    library) with HTTP; Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:41:01 +0000
    Message-ID: <20061218174101.lirpzubbkco0wwo0@69.72.157.72>
    Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:41:01 +0000
    To: mike@comcast.net
    Subject: testing domain e-mail forwarding
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset=ISO-8859-1;
    DelSp="Yes";
    format="flowed"
    Content-Disposition: inline
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    User-Agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.1.3)
    hi mike

I sent this to this-is-not-spam@ comcast.net to add to file. Obviously the blacklist block is in place and my 7 year broadband account at Comcast is squeeky clean as to not being an e-mail abuser.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast