forcing clicking?
    Hi There,

I am still relatively new to all this so please forgive my ignorance. I was doing some reading and I came across a term called "force clicking". I read the reason this is done is to prevent users from using coupon codes and not using the links on a website. Is this true or are there "more dirty" reaons it Is done this what the term is referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky777
    Hi There,

I am still relatively new to all this so please forgive my ignorance. I was doing some reading and I came across a term called "force clicking". I read the reason this is done is to prevent users from using coupon codes and not using the links on a website. Is this true or are there "more dirty" reaons it Is done this what the term is referring to?
    Is this is a serious question? You said you were making $400-500 a day back in February, but all of a sudden you're too new to know that forced clicking is not only unethical (why can't you build content or otherwise so the person is persuaded to knowingly click to purchase or find more information?), but also against CJ's terms? How would a forced click prevent a user from using a coupon code?

The scenario you seem to be presenting is a user visiting what I presume to be your "coupon site", finding a coupon for a particular merchant, then typing in the URL for that merchant's site (without clicking your aff link) and then using the coupon at the merchant's site without you getting any commission. You cannot force clicks on users (although some try... and get caught), but you can build your site to encourage users to click a link to travel to the site and use the coupon you are offering (an easy way is a "click here for coupon" button that loads the site and cookie).

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    forcing clicking?
    where I come from that's just another term for cookie stuffing.....
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    where I come from that's just another term for cookie stuffing.....
    almost like labeling it "The revenge of the Turkey" as it really comes into play at Thanksgiving.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread