Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zappos Reversals.....
    Has anyone seen any reversals from Zappos yet today? Are they still slated for the 10th, or has that been changed?

I can just now see my balance starting to decline, but I'll be d'mned if I can find where, why, or who it's coming from - could be the start of Zappos "witching day".

No reversals from Zappos yet for me. 10:45am PST
    winning is a habit unfortunately so is losing

I found it - it wasn't Zappos. Hope she gets to it today, it seems to me that about a year ago the reversals didn't happen on time and CJ tried to extend all the sales into the next month - that would be pretty brutal!! I sure miss Jack........

I hope she will do it today.
    Or else that will be my last month with zappos.
    I will take my 50,000 - 70,000$ in sales to another merchant.
    I need my reports to be on time i cant wait for any AM.

Yes, last time SHE made some LATE reversals and it screw my CJ check = last month income.

Zappos is the only merchant with soo many reversals. I'm using almost all of the other merchants with negligible reversals.

They maybee have alot of reversals but they are the best to convert.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Conversions" that reverse are NOT real conversions. Check their rate AFTER accounting for the reversals.

BTW...you think reversals there are bad *now*...they have a 365-day return period..."The time bomb is set!"

Oct 20, 2005
    BOOM

Zappos can't even keep their mitts off the switch for a month, let alone a year...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I Just talked to Zappos
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    "Conversions" that reverse are NOT real conversions. Check their rate AFTER accounting for the reversals.

BTW...you think reversals there are bad *now*...they have a 365-day return period..."The time bomb is set!"

Oct 20, 2005
    BOOM

Zappos can't even keep their mitts off the switch for a month, let alone a year...
    They have sent the reversals to CJ for processing. This just occured, so it all depends on how fast CJ can process them..

Oh dear, thankyou Airstrip - does this mean we will have to remind them every month??

It seems there's at least one thread about Zappos reversals every month here at ABW. Sounds like they are a nightmare!

With that many reversals, one does wonder what kind of conversion they have after all the t's are crossed and i's dotted.

As for the one year return period, I'll bet they make good use of that...when you least expect it. And don't complain...you agreed to it!

Andy

Leader,
    What do you think happens when a client returns a pair of shoes?
    My thought are they order another pair instead maybe even two (for family) since they see the service is so great and there is no risk. You have 90 days cookie so in most of the cases (not all of them) you get the next order or two.

Your problem that you think like a "money counter" not as a marketer. Money Counters donít like reversals. But, clients do.

Iíve been long time with Zappos. My worst month was 30% reversals. Thatís Ok for me because even after 30% reversals I still make 100% ROI. You know why?
    Because I think like the client does. And I love this store from the clientís point of view.

At least my thoughts.

Just got my reversals.
    30% like a clock. I love that site.

Well said Felix8.

What report are you looking at?
    thanx

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Your problem that you think like a "money counter" not as a marketer. Money Counters donít like reversals. But, clients do.
    What "clients?" The customers? Or the ones swiping back 30% of your commissions??

NO legitimate ANYTHING "likes" reversals.

Customers DON'T like them: It means they didn't get what they want the first time. Customers do not want to hash around returning things. Perfect service doesn't mean easy returns--it means not needing to do any returning!

Businesses don't like them: Reason should be plumb-obvious; stuff is supposed to stay sold! Plus, reversals cost money, there's a blasted fee attached to everything done with a CC, in or out. And, the returned stuff may not be re-sellable.

Affiliate don't like them. No explanation necessary.

If you don't count the money, you won't be marketing for too long.

Thatís Ok for me because even after 30% reversals I still make 100% ROI. You know why?
    Because you didn't invest sh*t!

If you DID invest, you ought to be making a heckuva lot more than 100% ROI.

How you "think" doesn't affect your ROI unless it translates into sensible actions. Accepting a 30% reversal rate when there are other merchants in the category who don't reverse nearly that much, does not fit that description.

Your problem that you think like a "money counter" not as a marketer.
    Those who don't count the beans, soon don't have any beans to count.

I don't consider the recognition of that fact to be a "problem." Rather, it's an asset. As a 1-person business, I don't send the non-marketing stuff off to some other department, and then blindly demonize that department for keeping the place going. I watch all the aspects of my business. And you're darned right, that includes counting the money! After all, the BILLS are certainly addressed to me!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Hello reversals.....Lots and Lots of Reversals....

If I was in a Zappos Gay Bar right now....I'd be drinking fruity drinks and listening to " It's raining reversals..."

The way I look it at is this....Inflation...Deflation blah blah blah.......You end up with more than you started with....you win....

Sorta like a confusious says thing, like in a fortune cookie you numchuck!

My fortune cookie said...."Confusious say....10th day of month will rain reversals of over inflated shoe commissions"

Diddy

Shoes are probably the least logical thing you can buy on line. Shoes have to fit your feet. How do you normally know whether a pair of shoes will fit your feet? You try them on. It is impossible to try a shoe on over the web. People who buy shoes on line expect to return a good portion of their purchases because they can't try them on. I personally buy 2 or 3 of the same shoe. Size 6.5, 7 and 7.5. A nice sale for whatever shoe merchant and it's affliate (if I buy through an affiliate site which I often do to help out a friend) but I have every intention of returning two out of the three pairs of shoes I bought. That is why shoe merchants have a large amount of reversals. Zappo's very generous return policy makes them the favorite merchant for the "mass returner" like myself, (hey it could be three months before I remember those two pairs of Born sandals I meant to return) hence the large number of reversals. Its not a mystery or a conspiracy. Its how people shop.

Internet Cowboy
    It is the nature of the apparel business online. If you actively promote shoe merchants, you need to expect reversals. Zappos is the strongest merchant in this category by leaps and bounds, even with their reversals.
    I do have another shoe merchant who I sell a lot with every month and they have yet to reverse the first sale. Unfortunately, they don't have enough depth in their offerings to sell enough for me to make what I need to make in the shoe category.
    My best apparel merchant is very much the same way, reversals every month. But still, month in and month out, they outperform all the others combined even with the reversals.

If reversals totally piss you off, sell candles or desk lamps or something that doesn't have to fit properly and/or look a certain way. Perhaps Bulbs would be a good choice for those who can't stomach reversals. Anyone know a good Bulb merchant?

Leader,
    I dont think you are ready for this category.

By the way i do count my money i just do it after my clients are happy.
    Trust me with zappos i count thousands in my pocket.

I promote products only, I have added the product links from almost all of the shoes merchants, except some merchants at end of list.

I always stayed away from Zappos due to their reversals. But this month I added a few of their products to my websites to give it a try.

Zappos is at 4th for conversion rate. I have noticed that merchants having Phone Number Bolded at the top of the website convert less than others.

My top performer Shoe merchant has Phone number on only one page of his website, and that is the contact page.

Maybe zappos converts better if I send traffic to its main page, but for specific products, zappos failed, and I have yet to see reversals.

zappos reversals killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by bobo
    zappos reversals killed me.
    and you are still posting

Reporting wrong after reversals?? I hope!!
    Checking the event dates of all my reversals, they range from September 11th to the 31st...... I have to assume there were returns for the first 10 days of the month as well??? anyone else se this?

Shouldn't reversals cover the whole calender month?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast