Question To click or Not to click...
    To click or Not to click... That is the question... Now I just wish they would click more offten

Ok why we have you here and it's a cool fall day lets warm things up,

How have your sales been ?

Mine are running about the same old same old. I would have expected the start of the "Christmas Rush" by now.

Is it the recent bad weather ?
    Is it the economy ?
    Or has the world of web sales hit it's plateau ?
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

Hi apex,

Traffic is real slow and sales are non-existant... I want to cry.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Cool
    Things are about the same here, as I find it easier on my nerves if I check my stats once a week. Today's not the day Damn.... my short posts are like one of Sal's word art postings.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I'm stuck in low gear here too... I check all my network stats everyday, and I go for D-A-Y-S without anything. I've never been this slow, at this time of the year. I really need to follow ecomcity's lead and only check once a week...but it's like an addiction!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Naughty ..you made me look. I only needed to check Overstock at LS. They sure get enough of my traffic to give me a hint how the others might be doing. Nothing for the past 5 days and they never post batch sales from Saturday till Tuesday nite.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ugh...we know we're in trouble when Mike's sales are down!

Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    Ugh...we know we're in trouble when Mike's sales are down!
    Aaagh. But the networks have promised us our referral cookies are worth something this Christmas season. Guess we wait and see. I'll even put up Christmas decorations and man one of those black kettle pots, and ring a bell in a Santa Suit, if it would make sales come true.

I'm still getting sales but not what they should be. I think it's a combination of things, the economy being one of them. People are probably tightening their wallets as a result of the high gas prices. Also I don't know about you guys, but I was dealt a bad blow by Google about 3 weeks ago during one of their recent updates (for the 2nd time now) so my Google traffic is pretty much non-existent these days. I only have Yahoo and MSN taking up some of the slack, so I'm actually surprized that I'm making any sales at all.

Whatever it is, let's hope things turn around soon. I would like to follow Mike's example and only check my stats once a week, but I would probably go through withdrawal symptoms if I did that.

Thanks apex for opening this thread. I was so worried last days about the sales, click have remained same, but very low or no sales, I tried many test sales to see if CJ is tracking, all sales tracked. Now I'm not much worried, because now I know that its not only me.

I am glad that I am not the only one. I do see a few sales but I think I am going to nix the google ad's I think they are making more than me.
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

ABW Ambassador
    "Ugh...we know we're in trouble when Mike's sales are down!"

Mike posted on Sept 14 he made $15, $0 at CJ. So if that pattern held he made around $30 last month. So I wouldn't use his sales as an indication of anything. Sales are alright overall.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    ... I find it easier on my nerves if I check my stats once a week. Today's not the day
    Hi Everyone,

Same here ecomcity; I stay away from my stats as much as possible... It's such a heartache to go in a see bad news everyday... If I stay away atleast I can dream.

It's helpful to go back 1 year and see what the same amount of traffic produced. I see I was paid the following for Sept 2004 sales... CJ= 186.40 Befree=312.78 LS=204.76

Seems lower then the 2003 sales amounts. Now in 2005 I see LS will pay me 98.98 for Sept. CJ gets to pass me by as I only made 21.90 in Sept. LOL... Befree on 946 clicks shows I earned $7.75 thanks mostly to spending the 100.00 giftcard I won from Boscovs. Their sales track unlike ComputerGeeks. Best converting BF merchant for me is still TigerDirect on some old outdated links I can't find that trickle in some traffic. They canned me for no reason in January so they don't have to pay me a dime.

Now see how you've made me check stats again so Trustno1 can bash my 35,000 non-converting visitors a month. Then I see my EcomCity promo pages for client merchants converted better then 1/20 so I know they do buy when the commission tracking is taken out of the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Aaagh. But the networks have promised us our referral cookies are worth something this Christmas season. Guess we wait and see. I'll even put up Christmas decorations and man one of those black kettle pots, and ring a bell in a Santa Suit, if it would make sales come true.
    LOL, Mike!

Yeah, when I check versus last year, sales are lower, but not what I would call drastically lower. I don't know, I was doing better than usual for a few months there, so I guess I'm just shell shocked with only 2 - 5 sales a week (all networks).

And ditto with you Grumpy. Google smacked my a$$ last time around too. Now it's good luck finding my main site on Google...maybe around page five or so. What bugs me about that is when I search using what used to be my big keywords and phrases, I get a few good relevant sites, then crap, crap, more crap, and then my site several pages in - and my page is a relevant result for the term, where all these others are not. What is the bloody point of SEO when Google's system is on crack?! *sigh*

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread