Affiliate Network Rep
    Newsletters - dead and buried? or Always have a place?
    Hi guys and girls

Hope your all well ( only 10 days to go :-) )

Now there are some areas where I think the US ( dont throw anything at me for saying this :-) ) is behind the UK in the affiliate marketing space and there are other areas where the US is as you would expect being the more mature market is ahead.

Communication I think is one of the areas where the US is ahead and the UK will move to adopt some of the strategies used for communication to the masses and especially communication of offers. There is even radio for Webmasters now with adverts of programs and networks - I loved that

I know when myself and our CEO Steven Brown came over to Vegas in the summer that we took back some of the things we liked and put our own advancement on them and are almost ready to come out from internal BETA to external BETA.

Apologies as I am waffling on again - back to my origional debate -

As affiliates you get thousands of emails a year promoting this product and that company till its coming out of your ears. Enough network newsletters to Wallpaper a street of houses. Do you read them all?

There will be some who do but I would think a lot get binned due to time managment - shame for those merchants - are we becoming numb to those emails.

Blogs - we noticed and thought of starting a blog and I may still do a personal one but one for each program could get stale quick and soon its worse than emails and most days nothing new until you never go back.

We think we might have a solution to cut through the noise but until its been through rigorous affiliate BETA testing I wont talk about it so don't ask me yet :-)

So my questions to you is are Newsletters dead ?

If you had a system that dealt with your needs better would you then opt out of Newsletters ?

or

Even though you love to hate them you would rather have them as not just as a back up?

I personally think they are moving towards the door and losing potency but then i would do since the network I manage has produced something much more in line with web 2.0.

So come on guys will we still be seeing program and network NEwletters in a years time or will we have all walled ourselves off to only recieve the information we really need and want?

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

It all depends how frequent they get sent out and to where. I have been using the rss blog feeds lately myself. That is just me though!

I never open an emails that are in my network email inbox as it is a waste of my valuable time. There is a certain computer merchant that sends me coupons through there everyday that expire in like one day or so.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks for the reply NY

Yes those coupons would be better on some kind of rss feed that you could intergrate rather than having to react to the emails - the merchant is wasting their time a bit with that one - shame as they would seem proactive and just need a more automated delivery method.

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

There is a certain computer merchant that sends me coupons through there everyday that expire in like one day or so.
    Oh I really hate that! Very annoying. Especially when they act like you must buy immediately, before the savings end. Like you can't figure out another one is coming tomorrow after receiving them daily for 6 months.

In fact, I intentionally buy from competitors when merchants annoy me in that manner. Like I have nothing better to do than delete their messages every day. Once a week, or preferably once a month would be OK, but every day or so is really too much.

Andy

Andy
    I just leave the Dell coupons in my network inbox just to waste their bandwidth got to have a few hundred in storage right now!

Malcom take a look at the amwso blog. It gives me the latest deals to all their programs. I add the rss feed to my yahoo page and all the deals I need are right in front of me. Same thing with shareasales blog
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perfiliate
    Hi guys and girls

Hope your all well ( only 10 days to go :-) )

Mal
    Tic, Toc, Tic Toc ..
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    I actually like them. Having everything in my email account. I like merchants having blogs but only get to them every so often. Can't visit what could be one day hundreds of merchants blogs everyday but can go thru the email. RSS only a fraction of merchants use them, i tried RSS for some of the coupon stuff but ended up stopping it since i already got them thru email. I just find it easier having everything come thru 1 email account. Split second to delete stuff i don't need.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What Trust said. All this outside stuff gets overwhelming...need to have it all coming to one place.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread