The Blog Rule in the New CJ PSA
    The policy regarding not posting your affiliate links on other people's blogs sounds good on paper. It sounds logical until you realize CJ has no way of knowing who posted a link on anyone's blog. So under the new CJ PSA, one of your competitors could take your affiliate links, put them on their own blog, then "anonymously" report the "infraction" to CJ and get you terminated. The potential for abuse here is enormous. CJ has no way of knowing who put what links where, but I'm confident they will pretend to if it allows them to steal money from honest affiliates.

Nice catch and scary scenario. There is no way that they could enforce that policy with any kind of fairness.

CJ doesn't steal from honest affiliates themselves but they sure give the green light for others to.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

I hope CJ contact Us first before terminating our account in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by drlolipop
    The policy regarding not posting your affiliate links on other people's blogs sounds good on paper. It sounds logical until you realize CJ has no way of knowing who posted a link on anyone's blog. So under the new CJ PSA, one of your competitors could take your affiliate links, put them on their own blog, then "anonymously" report the "infraction" to CJ and get you terminated. The potential for abuse here is enormous. CJ has no way of knowing who put what links where, but I'm confident they will pretend to if it allows them to steal money from honest affiliates.
    Not just blogs. Your cometitors can put your links in newsgroups or spam emails. Does this type of thing happen to someone here before?

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I've come across my links posted in blogs, forums, and such. I never minded since it was just, "Hey I found this product at this site..." So I didn't think it was a big deal. I guess now I have to worry. Suddenly it's a bad thing for sites to get some recognition from users, eh? Thank God CJ is there to help the little fish thrive (note sarcasm).
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

I recently did a search of my very first affiliate site, (by name, not URL) and was SHOCKED what sites I found it on. Made me realize how totatly out of control I am as to where my links are posted and how impossible it is go get them off of those sites. I hope CJ rethinks this one as it could do us some real harm if they drop us for reasons like this on. Good catch, DrLolipop!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I think this particular "catch" by me represents only the tip of the iceberg in terms of unfair (and potentially very illegal) conditions being imposed by CJ.

I get the feeling the new PSA was put together by a group of incompetent lawyers with no familiarity with the virtual world or any familiarity with the business CJ is in.

CJ better do their homework and carefully read through their own PSA.....they could soon be looking at a flurry of lawsuits against them unless they are able to produce a PSA that is less lazy, sloppy, unfair, and unenforceable than the piece of garbage they are trying to push on us.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread