Locked commissions...
    Hello,

Im new in this business and i am an affiliate of ebay.co.uk (CJ). they have said that in the 10th of the month your commissions will be locked and it will eventually go to the current months payout. It is now the 11th and it is still in the new transaction.

i know that the transactions i am saying are the transactions from last month (September, if that is the case) and they will check it until the 10th of the current month (October). Then why is it still in the new field??

i have a total of $240 made last september (i know it isnt big).. but is it because im new in CJ? any replies would help... thank you

and also after reading the new PSA agreement. there is something that says, if you reach a negative account, then you will pay it with your earlier payouts.. is this true??.. if that is the case i would also like to know your opinions..

thank you

CJ no longer offers any such thing as a truely locked transaction. On the 10th they will indicate what they will pay if they happened to have collected the money from the merchant which may be now. Or, if and when they collect from a merchant they have extended your advertising to on credit and without your knowledge, then they will send you the money in the next check.

Then, even if they happen to send you a check, the money isn't yours to keep because if the advertiser gets a bug up their ass, they have the privilage of reversing as many of the transactions that you have already been paid for and take the money out of commissions from other advertisers that are in your account. They do not have to give you any reason at all for such reversals nor can they be held accountable for the legitimacy of such reversals in any way.

If you do not have enough money to cover those reversals, they will send you a bill and if you don't refund the money, at once, they will close your account and can presumably seek whatever collection methods they choose to employ against you to get the money. They can do this even if the reversed transactions are many years old.

I hope this helps answer the question.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

i dont believe this... it is the scariest sh!t ive heard... (sorry)

then what now? I have already posted about officially getting my ass off Cj.com

would this help? Cj really sucks big time... how am i going to bring back those money?? this cant be happening?? ...

i want out... i really do... this is what im going to do first thing in the morning...

question: does anyone here ever tried calling one of their damn operators or something... not cool... not cool at all..

Quote Originally Posted by blac_angel
    It is now the 11th and it is still in the new transaction
    Same here

Anyone else ?

Same here, no locked or closed transactions.

how can they reverse an already locked transaction?? they say that if it is locked then there's now other way of getting it reviewed.. but now... sheesh... and they are sttarting to make this on effect by not locking the commissions so that they can extend it up to the 20th wherein the PSA will take over..

i really want out now.. is anyone with me?? i think there would be no changes going to be made in the new PSA agreement. and you have no right to decline that agreement. it is the ULTIMATE TRAP!!

Oh calm down... if you're a legit affiliate they aren't going to do anything with you... they didn't think out some clauses in the new PSA (such as the 3rd party linking issue that drlolipop pointed out), but they aren't going to start stealing money from honest affiliates (yep, that's right!). You can argue that they do it indirectly by allowing parasitic advertisers and publishers to operate freely, but they aren't going to reach in and take commissions that you earned unless there are extraneous reasons (now, some of those reasons are pretty lame... like allowing merchants to not pay CJ for months). If anyone is to blame in those few situations, it's usually the merchant.

but they aren't going to reach in and take commissions that you earned unless there are extraneous reasons
    Prove that they don't . . .
    How does anyone know the transactions they want to hide ever make it to the tablature? Do you honestly believe a thief and a parasitc merchant cannot get together and simply NOT SHOW transactions in your account? Transactions are not in REAL time are they . . .

I'm talking about transactions already posted to your account. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see them taking away any posted transactions (and no, not those balance increases we see when they move from pending to current commissions). I have yet to have a test purchase not track, so either they're really smart and know when I'm testing, or they are properly tracking. I'm more concerned about the cookie stuffers and overwriters than I am CJ by itself. And yes, fraud can happen anywhere... even in your own household.

ABW Ambassador
    deleted

btw, transactions are moving from new to locked as we speak...

oh sorry if i am in distress..

my main concern are if i have locked commissions... then they cant take that away from me right??? because it was locked...

i cant figure out how the chargebacks would be like i mean... i dont have any idea... and after reading the PSA it was written as if they will charge you using your previous payout"s"..

i dont know.. again im sorry...

Chargebacks and reversals after payment are very very rare, but they do happen when a merchant defaults (albeit after CJ lets them run on credit). If you were found to be doing illegitimate things (cookie stuffing, etc.) they can also reverse old transactions. Not sure if they do in practice though...

im so ignorant...

what is cookie stuffing?? i do make my friends homepage my page, just to make impressions, is this bad? i dont know if that is included in force clicking though

Ok, I see locked commissions now, but when will see closed commissions? , I think closed commissions are only added to current payout right?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    I'm talking about transactions already posted to your account. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see them taking away any posted transactions (and no, not those balance increases we see when they move from pending to current commissions). I have yet to have a test purchase not track, so either they're really smart and know when I'm testing, or they are properly tracking. I'm more concerned about the cookie stuffers and overwriters than I am CJ by itself. And yes, fraud can happen anywhere... even in your own household.
    Well, if you don't believe it, you must believe all the people here who have reported differently are lying because there sure have been a whole lot of people who have reported differently.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread