Invalid clicks not mine
    I checked in with CJ today on the off chance that I made some money and I noticed that sometime recently I had 7 invalid clicks. So, I click on the link to see what had expired or whatever and it is 7 clicks from 7 different merchants, none of whom I am signed up with, and all from a site that isn't mine!

Yeah CJ! Great reporting!

At least tracking is never affected.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

15 years and counting
    It's not CJ fault. The invalid clicks report is one of the best tool they have FOR the affiliates.
    If you have invalid clicks from a site that is not yours it means somebody made a copy of your links (and content) from your site. Go after the owner of this site or better their host. They have replaced the AID and not the PID.
    CJ is just telling you from where are coming these invalid links.

Quote Originally Posted by jrrl
    I noticed that sometime recently I had 7 invalid clicks. So, I click on the link to see what had expired or whatever and it is 7 clicks from 7 different merchants, none of whom I am signed up with, and all from a site that isn't mine!

Yeah CJ! Great reporting!

At least tracking is never affected.

-John.
    I had a similar thing happen, different site same merchant. I put a ticket in about suspicious behavior. After a few days commission junction removed the invalid links in the report. After deleting the report I received this response;

Sorry for the delay in response.
    When I ran the Invalid Links Generating Traffic report, I did not see this message. Has this issue been resolved?
    If you go into the Help link, you can get more information in regard to this report.

Thank you,
    Client Services

This was a great opportunity for cj to investigate parasitic behavior. Since cj is in bed with some thieves they deleted the invalid report. You might try asking them who is feeding off your web if you haven’t opened a ticket yet. I’m sure they’ll delete the report; close your ticket and pass it to the “whopper of an excuse” department if you bring the topic up again in this forum. Otherwise they won't give you the time of day. The second ticket I opened is still "unsolved" and I'm sure it will remain that way until I quit cj. (I told them not to close that ticket without contact me)

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread