datashaping
    I found this referer in the logs on one of my sites that has adsense on it. http://www.datashaping.com/blacklist.shtml

They claim to have superior click fraud detection technology developed by an unnamed wizard with a Phd from an unnamed major European university. Their main business is stock trading sites. Now they have a click fraud blacklist added to their services.

My site is a low traffic site that only gets a few adsense clicks per day. Not enough to draw any valid statistical conclusions. The site is on a shared IP.

Looks to me like anybody can just go there and enter ip's. I've had my email shut down on some email blacklists when some jerk entered my ip, even though I never send spam. There may have been spam coming from some idiot on the same ip. I don't know, but it wasn't me. The blacklist just shut everybody down.

Should I be worried about this? Are we going to see click fraud blacklists that simply accuse without evidence like the email lists do? I wouldn't think google would place any confidence in this, but it still makes me nervous.

they spammed your log, I think. They were hoping you'd wonder what they were doing there.

Thanks. I never thought of that. I'll rest easy for a while. That's probably what's going on.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread