A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    santa-letters.net
    So I send a very polite email asking if they can provide 125 x 125 banners, and I get this response:

At this time we do not have 125x125 however you are more than welcome to create your own banners.

Thanks,

Now I'm supposed to do their work? Why is it so hard to provide your affiliates with the tools they need to MAKE YOU MONEY? I can see if they had a wide range of banners, I wouldn't be as annoyed, because it's my own fault for being picky (which I NEVER am ), but when you only offer two banners, a text link, and a 'full page' ad, I expect to be provided for. My only other option is go for santamail.org on CJ and kiss santa-letters.net adios.

What a pain in the arse....
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

So I send a very polite email asking if they can provide 125 x 125 banners, and I get this response:

At this time we do not have 125x125 however you are more than welcome to create your own banners.
    I'm sorry Lisa, but you don't send a polite letter to Santa, you must send this letter:

Dear Santa,

I was nice all year so, all I want for Xmas is some 125 x 125 banners, that's all.

I'm sorry Lisa, but since I don't believe in Saint Nick this year, I couldn't resist. (btw, you have permission to kill me for that.)

Hmm, glass half full or glass half empty.... please don't break the glass.

I think they were politely telling you they didn't have one, but they didn't mind you creating one on your own.

You might write back and explain that you don't want to and ask them how long it will take them to do. You might provide them with a good reason to do it short of throwing a fit and taking your toys to the south pole. I know that the things that merchants look at are conversion rates. So if you have good data to support it, most merchants would make a chocolate statue for you if you can help improve conversions.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread