View Poll Results: Will You Be Leaving CJ on the 20th Based On The New PSA?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Am Leaving CJ

9 22.50%
  • I Am Staying With CJ

16 40.00%
  • I Am Undecided

15 37.50%
    Exclamation Leaving CJ based on NEW PSA..??
    Just curious as to how many affiliates here will actually be removing links to CJ based on the new PSA...??

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AddHandler
    Just curious as to how many affiliates here will actually be removing links to CJ based on the new PSA...??
    I just very happily found out today that one of my biggie merchants had a program in place at SAS, after I mentioned to the AM that they might want to consider moving there after this latest fiasco at CJ. Switching out my links felt SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Talking
    You forget to include: Already left CJ long ago

At this time I will not be removing any CJ links based on the new PSA.

What I Also will not be doing is Adding any New CJ links.

Most of my "good" merchants have left CJ. I used to make low 5 figures, high 4 figures a month. Don't anymore. And, the handful of CJ sales/commissions that come thru now are with Merchants that do not Reverse or if they do it is within 30 days.

If, one of these Merchants or CJ do happen to pull some kind of huge reversal within my account, they had Better have FULL documentation as to Why. None of this "Other" crap will fly if the reversal(s) go back any further than 60 days.

If they do Not have full documentation they better be ready for a Legal battle, and Huge amount of Bad P.R.

What a Shame, What a Shame

Talking
    I'm the 'gambling' type, so I plan on staying at least thru holiday season.

Not planning or making any new sites including CJ merchants though. No more PPC either. This is not only due to the new P(of)SA.

there are plenty of affiliate program ponds to fish in- I'll start avoiding the one with 'JAWS' in it

ABW Ambassador
    I'll wait to see if CJ will rectify those glaring problems in that PSA. Not voting yet until closer to the deadline. I would hate to leave CJ, so I'm holding on to some hope that they would come to their sense. But I'm prepared to pull the plug at a moment's notice. There is still SAS, linkshare, google, indies, lead type of networks and so many other options.

CJ to me is more a sentimental choice as I like some merchants there and have been with them since I first started.

There should be another choice,
    'not leaving, will not develop any more CJ merchants'

I am heavily invested in a few CJ merchants - so cannot outright leave, but I am only adding SAS or in house merchants from this point on.

Can someone kindly tell me more about the new PSA?

ABW Ambassador
    You can read it here: http://www.cj.com/psa.jsp

or read the numerous threads about it in the CJ forum.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    As I posted "loudly" in the other CJ threads, my immediate reaction was to jump ship!!

But after finding out that one of the merchants I was the most leery of wasn't really the one at fault for THIS nonpayment episode...

Now I'm not utterly certain. (Although I still maintain that some dud merchants are "stealths" who give off no scent until they're already rotten!)

But, considering that Perf has a 90-day limit (http://www.performics.com/docs/affiliate_agreement.pdf ) and SAS a 30-day limit, I still haven't found a compelling reason to leave CJ on, other than the fact that pages aimed at them have rank NOW and SAS's don't.

Still I'm going to eat a little crow at the TrustNo1 Cafe, and leave my options open, rather than end up eating a huge pile of it if I still have links up later

OMG I just checked SAS's agreement, and they don't say a limit in their Affiliate Agreement either! LOL Wow that shows what a difference in trust levels there are... (There IS a limit in the Merchant Agreement! 30 days.)

In the event of a VOID by a Merchant, shareasale.com may recover from You the corresponding Commission previously credited to Your Account. The VOID Commission will be immediately deducted from Your Account balance. In the event that Your Account balance is less than the VOID Commission, the VOID Commission will be deducted against Your future earnings. You will NEVER be asked to send money to shareasale.com
    Meh.
    Last edited by Leader; October 13th, 2005 at 07:02 AM.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by ToughTurkey
    There should be another choice,
    'not leaving, will not develop any more CJ merchants'

I am heavily invested in a few CJ merchants - so cannot outright leave, but I am only adding SAS or in house merchants from this point on.
    That's exactly what I did and recomended a year or two ago.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

all networks have the same policy just some word it differently than others. You will be screwed with every network out there if you aren't careful and vigilant.

This is like the AOL privacy policy fiasco. AOL worded it in a way that if you didn't take the time to READ it carefully you would think they meant one thing when they actually meant something less drastic.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    So far I gather the big additions due to the new PSA are:

1. Must add Privacy Policy that addresses cookies
    2. Reversals can apply to previous cycles (I thought they always could - remember kBtoys?)

What about the following?
    Dormant Accounts. If Publisher's Account has not been credited with a valid, compensable Transaction that has not been Charged-back during any rolling, six consecutive calendar month period (“Dormant Account”), a dormant account fee at CJ's then-current rate shall be applied to Publisher's Account each calendar month that Publisher's Account remains an open yet Dormant Account or until Your Account balance reaches a zero balance, at which time the Account shall become deactivated. Transactions will not be counted if the Transaction subsequently becomes a Charge-back.
    I assume this applies to our CJ account and not each individual Merchant agreement? If it is each individual merchant agreement, I am in big trouble!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    remember kBtoys?
    Yeah, I DID! That's one of the things that had gotten me so worried. Did they manage to reverse from before the 60-day mark? I wasn't a part of their program, so I don't remember the exact specifics. Just the thread(s) about them going out and leaving a huge ocean of red ink behind.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

You will NEVER be asked to send money to shareasale.com
    That's a big difference between CJ and SAS, in my opinion. CJ gives affiliates 30 days to bring their account up to flush if there's a negative balance. This could put some affiliates in trouble, if a scummy merchant reverses everything and leaves the network.

Nice that CJ can take 90 days to pay affiliates if they leave, though. Wonder why they don't allow us the same luxury of time they give themselves?

Andy

I belong to CJ and haven't had any problems, so....Could somebody please tell me what this is all about and what is is that you're unhappy about?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    I belong to CJ and haven't had any problems, so....Could somebody please tell me what this is all about and what is is that you're unhappy about?
    I too have not noticed any big problems (other than losses of reporting for awhile after the big update). I am small-time however in CJ - $10 per day or so.

I hear reports on this forum of people going from 4+ figures per month to less than half. If CJ were my primary income supporting my family and it was cut in half all of a sudden, I would be pretty alarmed too. For those of you that report this type of loss, is your traffic still there? Are you getting the same number of clickthrus?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I am slowly removing my cj links and pages. Gonna be hard to replace the good shoe merchants though...not 100% sure I want to yet :

I'm only one of the little guys, too I admit that the way the reporting is now drives me crazy at times. lol It seems things are under pending then will switch to current, and vice versa but in the end they get straightened out. I haven't lost any sales yet. Still don't quite understand what exactly is happening to the bigger guys. Are sales suddenly being taken away for some reason or something?

ABW Ambassador
    I just left cj because of the new psa. I did what Todd said, went through AAQ, but feel kind of nervous cos how do I know if I have successfully left CJ?

I do not agree to the new PSA and do not want to be bound by it.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread