Exclamation link problems
    while checking on the links given to a page in multi-merchant coupon integration I can't get results from links in Sierra Trading Post or Overstock. I didn't check them all but some work fine.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    while checking on the links given to a page in multi-merchant coupon integration I can't get results from links in Sierra Trading Post or Overstock. I didn't check them all but some work fine.
    Herb,

http://www.goldencan.com/demo/Coupon...eMerchant.aspx

The above page is an example of multiple merchants coupon integration. I am checking Sierra Trading Post and Overstock links and they are working fine for me. Can you tell me a specific example of the link which is not working?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN
    Herb,

The above page is an example of multiple merchants coupon integration. I am checking Sierra Trading Post and Overstock links and they are working fine for me. Can you tell me a specific example of the link which is not working?
    this one for overstock:
    removed it
    Last edited by Herb ԿԬ; October 11th, 2005 at 10:23 PM.

another for overstock, that I placed on and for a different domain:

removed it -- technically an affil link

Mr. GoldenCan
    another for overstock, that I placed on and for a different domain:

removed it -- technically an affil link
    Thanks Herb,
    Please email me the url of the page where you see the error and some more detail on which link are you testing. i will check the problem and Take care of it ASAP.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Herb,
    Please check your 11 digit linkshare id. looks like you are using wrong id for GoldenCAN Coupon integration.

Talking
    Yes, it does look like it. Fortunately it is an easy fix using this system so I won't have to paste new code into every page.

Thank you for your help this evening, Asif!

Regards,
    Herb

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    Herb,

Check the OVERSTOCK categories like "Office Furnishings" and you'll see the breakdown in the GC feed interface. I suggested to Overstock to make sure GC uses their new feed category/sub-category structures. They have thousands in just that one category and GC shows just one product. Also that one needs sub-categories in the side navigation bar on their own site too!

I'm holding OS's feet to the Christmas Yule Log this year. www.ecomcity.com/overstock.htm should bring some sales if you guys and gals wish to buy some PPCSE Ads to that page

GC works great and has increased my sites pageviews. Now Asif needs to leverage his merchant pull and make sure the first defaults for each GC store, or store's categories, triggers some hot seller displays. I'm sure that's a variable keyword in the script. Just get each GC merchant to tag a keyword "bestseller" for displaying the default product screens.
    Last edited by ecomcity; October 11th, 2005 at 11:16 PM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

@Mike: I'm trying to link to Overstock's wine selections and can't, but that's another story. (actually, I'm not sure I drilled down the right path to it)

Herb

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Check the OVERSTOCK categories like "Office Furnishings" and you'll see the breakdown in the GC feed interface. I suggested to Overstock to make sure GC uses their new feed category/sub-category structures. They have thousands in just that one category and GC shows just one product. Also that one needs sub-categories in the side navigation bar on their own site too!

GC works great and has increased my sites pageviews. Now Asif needs to leverage his merchant pull and make sure the first defaults for each GC store or stores caegories triggers some hot seller displays. I'm sure that's a variable keyword in the script. Just get each GC merchant to tag a keyword "bestseller" for displaying the default product screens.
    Mike,
    I am glad that GoldenCAN and Overstock is increasing your traffic and sales. I am sure the FREE version of Overstock at GoldenCAN will make you and other affiliates more sales. You are right about the office furnishing category I will check that with Overstock ASAP. Right now when you click on a category it display the combination of new items and recent price drop items on top. We are working on the system where we will be able to display most popular and hot items on the top.

Mike,
    I am glad that GoldenCAN and Overstock is increasing your traffic and sales. I am sure the FREE version of Overstock at GoldenCAN will make you and other affiliates more sales. You are right about the office furnishing category I will check that with Overstock ASAP. Right now when you click on a category it display the combination of new items and recent price drop items on top. We are working on the system where we will be able to display most popular and hot items on the top.
    Yoy Da man Asif. Love your ability to capture the conversion ratio/sales meaning of my suggestions. Heck I even experiment with changing GC store options to see if it improves results. Saved changes take place instantly .... gotta love it. Bash away critics at my GC pages and I'll go with the flow in an instant if it increases sale potentials.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

@Mike: I'm trying to link to Overstock's wine selections and can't, but that's another story. (actually, I'm not sure I drilled down the right path to it)

Herb
    Herbie, I haven't played with it enough to see if drilling down, or using the search function, can be saved as a reusable creative link. I assume this opens up a new GoldenCan feature for niche' selling...

Overstock's GC watches section is missing most all brands and thousands of watch choices.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Herbie, I haven't played with it enough to see if drilling down, or using the search function, can be saved as a reusable creative link. I assume this opens up a new GoldenCan feature for niche' selling...
    I have a lot of "niche" pages (dedicated to a type of product) so I seldom make a store link that shows the merchant's whole inventory. there are quite a few merchants in the system now where GoldenCAN can break down the inventory several levels. the merchants just have to use their heads when they set up the categories in the datafeeds.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Mike,
    Overstock categories has been fixed. Please take a look at the categories and let me know what you think?

http://www.goldencan.com/Merchants/D...ration_25.aspx

I have also added the Brand/Manufacture as lowest level category. This will give users much more choices to find the right product.

See these links as some examples.

Men`s Athletic Shoes

Mini Stereo Systems

Dvd Players

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread