Change it! Change it now Todd
    I have been using CJ off and on for 2 years, more off than on, until recently. Since I have came back, I noticed ZERO changes on the affiliate-side, I even get to see the same ugly pictures. Although, you have just recently changed the reports, which I do like. I would prefer to see “Performance Reports” by default, and then click on your new baby.

I would like to see that you have a homepage www.cj.com for new prospects. I would also like to see another page that already have “accepted” you as a relation.

While I do not expect miracles from a marketing company in terms of programming, I would expect that you make it easier for affiliates to use your interface and MAKE the programmers do what, we, the majority want to see. (Sometimes you have to draw them a pretty picture, then let them redraw the picture in code, not what they say they can and can’t do).

Remember that you work for “the company” who is EXPECTED to meet the majority needs of the users, both affiliates and publishers, moving forward. If you ignore either side you will fail. I would suggest that you listen to CODE changes we would like to see.

Any takers? What would you like to see change, please keep this to web design/formatting/new ideas or the like that will help the affiliates.

Please do not corrupt this thread with parisites, or commission stealing, etc.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What would you like to see change, please keep this to web design/formatting/new ideas or the like that will help the affiliates.
    But-but...the code change I'd really like to see is easy:

$NEW_PSA = $OLD_PSA;

or just

If $PSA = NEW_PSA then delete;

(A real programmer can get rid of any coding errors in those suggestions )
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    There's more.

There is a new PSA you might want to check out which goes way beyond the marketing. Read the fine print carefully. Get a lawyer if you must, then you will see bigger concerns than just the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    But-but...the code change I'd really like to see is easy:

$NEW_PSA = $OLD_PSA;

or just

If $PSA = NEW_PSA then delete;
    Again, off the scope of this post, sure your upset - you can pick 3-5 other active threads that talk about this subject. One-sided crap such as this has no merit in a court of law. You will prevail – it is crap. If you have reasonable damages SUE, but you better have real damages that amount to something worth while.

you better have real damages that amount to something worth while.
    Or else what.

Anyway, I have no intentions of giving them the chance to cause me damages with their new bonehead's PSA.

As for the CJ interface, the latest version sucks too (the reporting has been made way too confusing), but CJ messes with its interface on roughly a yearly basis, so for that part you can just wait it out. But, the interface doesn't affect the more major issues one way or the other...
    Last edited by Leader; October 12th, 2005 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jitygt
    I would prefer to see “Performance Reports” by default, and then click on your new baby.

I would also like to see another page that already have “accepted” you as a relation.
    I believe when we launch the new performance reporting early next year, the reporting tab will then default to performance reporting.

If you click on "get links" and then click on the sub tab "by relationship", you can see "My Advertisers".
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    I believe when we launch the new performance reporting early next year, the reporting tab will then default to performance reporting.

If you click on "get links" and then click on the sub tab "by relationship", you can see "My Advertisers".
    Wait... does that mean the new phase won't be rolling out until after the holidays?!

Yes, we wanted to avoid any issues that could cause problems or concerns during the busy holiday season.
    Todd Crawford

Yes, we wanted to avoid any issues that could cause problems or concerns during the busy holiday season.
    Alllright!! Hopefully no other "issues" crop up in the meantime!

Cool!

the reporting tab will then default to performance reporting.
    THAT'S not so cool. I hardly ever look at that report, because it's always slower than the txn report.

ABW Ambassador
    Just a thought Todd but perhaps asking a focus group of affiliates what they want before implementing the upcoming changes would be good to do. That way WE can tell you what we want instead of you giving us either what you think we should have or what you think we want. Might make for a happier group of affiliates and less complaining after the upgrades since, with affiliate input, CJ is more likely to actually give us an upgrade that we view as beneficial.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip
    Just a thought Todd but perhaps asking a focus group of affiliates what they want before implementing the upcoming changes would be good to do. That way WE can tell you what we want instead of you giving us either what you think we should have or what you think we want. Might make for a happier group of affiliates and less complaining after the upgrades since, with affiliate input, CJ is more likely to actually give us an upgrade that we view as beneficial.
    Sound advice and well worth refining the upgrade effort. Cater to those who have to face the creative codes and need report feed back. Darn BHO's and the Supers don't fool with creative codes and demand different type reports from the value-add group.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

So they know it will cause problems their expecting it. Why not just beta the damned thing with affiliates willing to beta it and compensate your beta testers if reporting goes foul.

OH wait I been told ValueClick likes to just force things on its users. I remember the new UI with valueclick forced on us it sucked 3 weeks later it was back to the old one then 2 months later it was back again improved.

What Kip said. Why force something on people when they don't want it, won't use it, and will hate it from the very first day it's active?

Get a couple of affiliates to throw some ideas your way, and provide input on future rollouts.

Andy

The new performance reports will have everything you already can get with the addition of new reports and graphing capabilities. They will also let you compare data more easily. They are not a big departure form the current reports. Plus, when we release the new reports, there will be a tab that still offers the old perofrmance reports while everyone gets used to the new performance reports.
    Todd Crawford

ABW Ambassador
    I guess I'm confused as to why you wouldn't want affiliate input for something like this. It seems like you're just telling people - this is the way it will be, trust us, you will like it. As we have seen from previous upgrades, that doesn't work very well.

While I understand that the old performance reports will still be there for a while, wouldn't it be better to get affiliate input before actually doing the changes? You seem to be saying that the old reports will eventually be phased out so instead of having to go back and change the new reports based on affiliate input after the fact, why not get the input before doing the work? After all, affiliates are the ones that will actually use the system.

I guess I'm confused as to why you wouldn't want affiliate input for something like this. It seems like you're just telling people - this is the way it will be, trust us, you will like it. As we have seen from previous upgrades, that doesn't work very well.

While I understand that the old performance reports will still be there for a while, wouldn't it be better to get affiliate input before actually doing the changes? You seem to be saying that the old reports will eventually be phased out so instead of having to go back and change the new reports based on affiliate input after the fact, why not get the input before doing the work? After all, affiliates are the ones that will actually use the system.
    We have received feedback from both publishers and advertisers on the new. The new reports are based on the old reports so there isn't that big of a difference - it essentially adds to what you already have.
    Todd Crawford

Internet Cowboy
    A bit off topic, but any idea when product search might be working on a regular basis again?

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread