Winning Bid Delay
    I'm just curious how long it takes a winning bid to report? I've got a couple auctions that ended on October 8th and 9th where I sent the winning bid, but they haven't been reported. How long should I expect this to take? Does it normally take 2 to 3 days?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Most of them seem to post the following day after the auction closes, but I have a couple from the 10th that still haven't posted. Perhaps there's a delay for some reason, but who knows.

With a new program like this, there's bound to be a few rough spots. I find it confusing how the bid or BIN changes to Winning Bid after the fact, this is hard to get used to after years of seeing a new transaction post with the commission.

Andy

That's odd. I wonder why mine haven't been changed. I checked the winners list and my bidders certainly won, but the bid I sent wasn't necessarily the winning bid. They bid a couple times later and eventually won. One auction was won on my bid and that one is about 3 days late. Also, shouldn't I get commission on every Buy it Now bid?

- Scott

Yes, I would think you should be paid for all BINs. Perhaps there's a dispute? Perhaps the seller's account with eBay is being investigated by eBay?

I'd give it another day or two, then AAQ through CJ, which will probably get you nowhere...

Andy

I made several BINs as test purchases the first week of the new rev-share system. NONE of them ever showed up in CJ.

I think we are only seeing results from a fraction of the real traffic we're driving to Ebay.

But remember... tracking is never affected.

*spit*
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

There seems to either be a problem. or there is a good liklihood that something is grabbing that cookie between the first bid and a subsequent bid. I'm seeing that occasionally, but the time between bids has been days, and I can understand a cookie overwrite in a couple of days.

I have a couple of other auctions where I'm credited with referring the bidder, but not credited with a commission. There could be a hole in the program dealing with cookies placed before Oct 1 and actions occuring after Oct 1. Of the missing commissions I discovered, the click date was always before 10/1 (except for one case).

Luckily, the problem isn't that big -- I have just nine missing commissions across 400+ transactions.

My biggest revenue seems to be coming from "quality" bidders who I refer, and then they proceed to buy or win dozens of items. That's a nice part of this program, and if it goes away, it would make the program a lot less desirable.

The way the reporting works now, is it accurate that I see the commission 1 day, then the sale is reported the next? I.e:

On October 12th I see a commission of $12.00
    On October 13th, I see a sale with no commission attached to it.

Is that how it's supposed to work?

I've yet to see a single BIN earn me money. I'm looking at a bunch of $0.00 amounts. How can this be? Some of them are several days old.

- Scott

I'm having this exact same discussion about BINS ony showing $0 in a different thread. Here goes again...

Bins show up as Winning Bids, and you should be able to match the ebay auction ID number between your BIN and a winning bid. I contacted ebay about 17 bins that had $0 next to them, and after investigating I found I was paid for each one of them, I just didn't understand the reports.

Maybe I'm reading my reports wrong but I haven't seen any Winning Bids appear in mine yet. I've got at least 2 or 3 BINs that I can remember but the only commissions I've earned this month with eBay are for ACRU's.

- Scott

It boggles the mind how a BIN = no commission. Ebay (and maybe even CJ) have really messed this up.

I had a winning bid post on the 14th. And it looks as though I can see the bid placed as a $0 commission on the report on the 13th.

this new pay structure has my ebay earnings down slightly.. I see commissions everyday (2 days behind) but this makes me wonder how winning bids are not getting credited and how much commish I may be loosing..

Winning BINS are lumped into the Winning Bids. It's easier that way since you don't have to run individual reports. They provide the same commission structure anyways.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I seem to be doing a bit better in the new system so far.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread