A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    CJ Link Catalog Sucks!
    Okay...sorry. But I'm more than a little annoyed. I'm TRYING to stay good humored in spite of the fact that it's been black and rainy here since Friday, but CJ is trying my patience.

I was happily adding links last night, to products I knew existed in CJ, but that were for some strange reason ...not found... in their catalog for two weeks. I was dead tired and decided to go to bed about half way through my product additions, thinking I could finish this morning. BAD MOVE.

Suddenly, all the products that were there last night are now mysteriously gone - Sorry, No Results Found. I am really starting to think that they are phasing out real affiliates to push their adwhore campaigns. "No products for you! One year!" Dang it....
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Internet Cowboy
    I am amazed you found products to start with. I looked for a product the other day that I know a certain merchant sells, but none showed up.
    I used the GoldenCAN product locator and found it on a LS merchant and used their link instead. These problems that CJ refuses to recognize will be the end of them.

The link catalog is not the only thing at CJ that sucks. I dont know if its just me but commission junction seems to have a really dark, depressing atmosphere. I feel like a black cloud appears over me and my pc whenever i visit cj.com.

Hello,

The product search feature for publishers is not always functional. We recommend that publishers that wish to use product links simply request a product catalog feed through CJ. To request a product catalog as a publisher, click the "Contact Us" link, "Ask A Question" and put Linking > CJO Product Links as the category.

There is a $200 integration fee applied for the initial implementation of Product Catalog data transfer functionality that will be charged at the time of the integration.

However, this charge will be waived if your account has earned at least $10,000 in advertiser sales revenue for one month during the past 12 Months. Again, if you do not meet this criteria, the $200 integration fee will apply.

Thank you,
    Client Services

I think they randomly disables the product links, so that more publishers pays them 200 USD for product catalog feed.

They can go to blue blazes. I'll be damned if I'll spend $200 on their feeds. There are very few things I need to promote from them in the first place. And I NEVER had a problem with "the product search feature for publishers" not always being functional until this past month.

This has been going on for over a year. Not too bad at first, but has gotten progressively worse.

If I was a merchant, I would ask for a partial refund in lieu of services not rendered.

I can honestly say that several CJ merchants are missing out on hundreds of thousands of dollars in yearly sales from my account alone, due to the fact that when links are not available, I simply move on to another vendor. And I'm just a little guy in the affiliate field. Who knows how much potential sales revenue is lost to CJ's ineptitude.

Feeds? If I was going to use the feed, I would not be in the CJ interface searching for a handful of links to specific items.

Wow. I guess I'm lucky, because I haven't had a problem with the product links until recently. I still say it is absolute crap.

The product search results were opened, I was randomly clicking on GET HTML for each product link, when I was done half of it, it gave error "The Product You select is not Found" , then I tried the previous product links for which I just aquired the HTML, bam, the same error. Then I tried to search again for the same keyword, and finally "Sorry No results found"...
    Thanks CJ,

You do know that SAS has free feeds and "make a page" feature, right?

If you type an item into "make a page", you will see all the products from all the merchants that you are joined to who carry that kind of item!

For instance, if you type in "blue topaz", you can see and be given the code to every "blue topaz" item your joined merchants have. You can easily compare the merchants offerings side by side or you can search only one merchant's products if you wish instead of searching them all.

It is a simple thing to quickly grab the code for items you want from the results.

To me, this is so much simpler and so easy to use that I have to agree "CJ Link Catalog Sucks". I don't have the patience to even mess with using it.

I have found it easier to scrape a merchant's site and make my own CJ links than to mess with their "Catalog".
    Last edited by SSanf; October 14th, 2005 at 08:03 AM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I'm active Publisher of CJ only.

OK. You must be just starting, then. I was once, too.

Using CJ, only, is sort of like marrying the first girl or boy you date. You gotta look around!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I have been with CJ for around 6 month now. I did tried others, but their tracking sucked, CJ tracking is better than all.

Well, I am not too sure you hold the majority opinion on that.

The merchant that is the ONLY AUTHORIZED dealer of a line that is selling off my sites like hotcakes is on CJ.

Well, if it is the only game in town for you, you are stuck. Diversification is nice.

However, the thing commented on is the catalog. I was just pointing out that other networks offer better tools.

I have looked at the CJ catalog and it is way too clumsy for me to mess with. You have to make links one by one for pity sake. What a pain in the butt.

Now, even using it at all appears to be a sometimes thing.

You're absolutely right, Sandra. CJ is certainly at the bottom of my 'ease of use' list.... It is unfortunate, but this line is a big source of income for me right now... at least it is seasonal. Another month and I won't need to stress over it for the next 9 months or so.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    I was just pointing out that other networks offer better tools.
    Shareasale only has 5 merchants offering more than 1000 items. The CJ tool would be much better.

...........................if it worked

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    Hello,

The product search feature for publishers is not always functional. We recommend that publishers that wish to use product links simply request a product catalog feed through CJ. To request a product catalog as a publisher, click the "Contact Us" link, "Ask A Question" and put Linking > CJO Product Links as the category.

There is a $200 integration fee applied for the initial implementation of Product Catalog data transfer functionality that will be charged at the time of the integration.

However, this charge will be waived if your account has earned at least $10,000 in advertiser sales revenue for one month during the past 12 Months. Again, if you do not meet this criteria, the $200 integration fee will apply.

Thank you,
    Client Services
    I refuse to buy into your complete feed spamming scheme as 80% of your merchants e-catalogs are trying to push their dusty un-sellable or duplicate inventory. If those same merchants won't put those dud products in their paper catalogs, then don't shove them onto your affiliates. We want to fucus shoppers on what we think are items worth promoting to our shoppers and let the merchants worry about moving their bad purchasing decisions.

PS; If your consolidated merchant feed through the CJ search can't find existing items then WTF good is it except for SERP spamming and doorway pages for cookie stuffers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    Shareasale only has 5 merchants offering more than 1000 items. The CJ tool would be much better.

...........................if it worked
    Good grief, you mess with doing more than 1000 from that clumsy, broken CJ Catalog?

OK by me. Have fun.

CJ needs to fix it. Period.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Thank you Akiva! Absolutely true... Now if only they would...

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread