Sales Not Reported -- BFAST Program
    A copy of the letter I sent to help@befree.com ...

On October 8, 2005 I executed a sale from this url -- ---- [blackened for forum policies] to one of my affiliate partners through the reporting.net [befree] program. The sale did not show up in any of my reports. This is the second time this has occurred. If sales I am executing are not showing up, could it be that other sales are not showing up? I have been with the program for over a year and your reports indicate I have never sold anything. Your reports are incorrect.

Can you please check your reporting programs. The impressions are being reported. Sales are not. This is a serious problem.

Regina Thomas
    QiSoftware
    qisoftware.com
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][url=http://remix.qisoftware.com/]Remix[/url] | [url=http://wiredpages.qisoftware.com/]WiredPages[/url][/SIZE][/FONT]

Regina,

You may want to contact them through the CJ Contact Us form in the upper right corner within CJ. I don't think they check the @befree.com emails anymore. You have to contact them through CJ.

Good luck!
    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Befree seems to be stuck in a dusty corner with the merchants there strickly because BF tracking is sporatic.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I had a response the first time I reported this problem but just to ask for more information. Nothing else. If I report via the web site there is nothing to show I ever sent the e-mail.

Regina Thomas
    QiSoftware
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][url=http://remix.qisoftware.com/]Remix[/url] | [url=http://wiredpages.qisoftware.com/]WiredPages[/url][/SIZE][/FONT]

I have many BeFree merchants, and all of the ones I promote appear to be tracking fine. If there's a problem, it's merchant-specific.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I have many BeFree merchants, and all of the ones I promote appear to be tracking fine. If there's a problem, it's merchant-specific.
    I also don't have any problem with sales tracking at BF. The only problem I do have with them is that they seem to take forever to pay out commissions (in one case I am aware of, they even LOST the merchant's check!). Also affiliate support is just non-existent over there so it's a waste of time sending them emails. You had best contact the merchant/merchants directly if you have questions. Other than that, so far so good.

Not all of their merchants are slow to pay. I have one that I always receive by about the 20th of the month (with BeFree cutting the check) and another that I sometimes receive as early as the 7th of the month (with the merchant cutting the check directly).

I agree about the lack of support. I used to have a fantastic account manager at BeFree, but since the CJ acquisition, I've been passed around to several different account managers. Sometimes I don't even get responses.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    If BeFree gives you only 10% of what you should get, then you can say that tracking is indeed fine because you are not aware of the other 90%.

The only way to know if tracking is fine or not is if your own purchases made it to the reports. you can't really tell whether what others buy are ALL reported or not.

Befree not tracking
    I'm about to call it quits on BEFREE altogether.. I think something is seriously wrong with their system. I'm going to make a test purchase today, with Dell Small Business.

I agree about the lack of support. I used to have a fantastic account manager at BeFree, but since the CJ acquisition, I've been passed around to several different account managers. Sometimes I don't even get responses.
    I thought that the CJ & Befree were together, so can you just contact your cj manager?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread