Sudden proliferation of coupon programs at Performics
    Recently I've gotten three "new merchant" emails from Pfx about coupon and discount sites with their own affiliate programs: CoolSavings, Eversave (which has 8 or 9 separate programs), and FreeStyle Rewards. The email about the latter (received today) speaks glowingly of

Exclusive Offers
    Huge Discounts
    Free Shipping

Frankly, these emails really offend me. Can anyone (Larry?) explain to me why Pfx thinks I, or any affiliate, would want to join their program and send people to their site, especially for the pittance they're offering? These sites are amalgamating links from every publisher at Pfx, which automatically puts them into competition with every one of Pfx's other affiliates.

I understand that Pfx doesn't want to turn down new advertisers, and they probably bring in a lot more money than most individual publishers. But is it cost-effective for Pfx if these sites drive all the other publishers out of the market? If people want to create sites like these, good luck to them, but when it comes to Pfx taking them on and expecting others who are promoting the same merchants to promote them, I think that's going a bit far.

ABW Ambassador
    You're offended by email notification of new merchants? Just hit delete. How do they drive other publishers out of the market?

Perhaps you didn't understand my post. I'm talking about coupon sites--which Pfx is suggesting I might want to become an affiliate of. These sites directly compete with you--and me--in ways individual affiliates can't and don't. Should we all start coupon sites to compete with them?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    WhenU's www.pricebandit.com offers BHO popup coupons too. That certainly doesn't mean sending traffic to coupon advertisers is all bad, unless they start dropping them from C-130 transport planes in major cities.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Coolsavings & Freestyle Rewards are the same company.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bay
    Coolsavings & Freestyle Rewards are the same company.
    unless they start dropping them from C-130 transport planes in major cities.
    Which seems to be what's happening.

Would you prefer to take their $1.30 per "qualified" lead (whatever that is) and 1-day cookie or the commission you'd get from the customer buying from the merchant, with a 30-day cookie?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread