Affiliate Manager Alan Townsend's Avatar
    PersonalizationMall.com Launching New Website Oct. 15th
    I'm happy to announce that our all new website is being launched this Saturday, October 15th. The new PersonalizationMall.com now provides customers with more flexibility to preview the products they personalize, as well as the ability to customize their shopping preferences. Customers can shop by occasion, recipient and product category. Customers will also be able to search for products and sort the results based on price or popularity to help make their shopping decisions even easier.

The site has been totally redesigned. We will no longer be using unique domain names for product categories. All of the categories will reside under the PersonalizationMall.com brand. In the past, a category such as Christmas gifts would have pointed to "PersonalizedChristmasGifts.com".

Images, links and tracking will be unaffected during the launch. We have a team of over 10 employees that will be testing the new site immediately after we launch to make sure that the site is functioning 100% properly. We have already done extensive testing, but nonetheless, we want to make sure that there are absolutely no problems.

Be sure to look for the new site this Saturday, October 15. I invite you to contact me with your comments, suggestions and questions.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Looks good

Thumbs up
    Thanks Billy. I also appreciate the tips you sent over! Where can I get 100 more affiliates like you??

----------------------------------------------
    Post Nitification - Do not reply to this email
    ----------------------------------------------

Billy Kay,

Alan Townsend has just replied to PersonalizationMall.com Launching New Website Oct. 15th, here is the message that was posted:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thanks Billy. I also appreciate the tips you sent over! Where can I get 100 more affiliates like you??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Haiko...
    What's a "Nitification"

ABW Ambassador
    It's gorgeous Alan, I love it!

Big usability problem though, for those who surf with Javascript disabled. The top menu is JS, which would be ok if the side navigation were plain HTML - but when you go to click on more occasions, recipients or shops in the left side menu, it's also Javascript, so that leaves no way to navigate the site off the homepage via the menus except for the links on the left that are regular HTML, which isn't all the categories.

Download Opera (it's free now) - it's real easy to enable or disable features with one simple click by hitting F12 - and see for yourself.

Thank you webworker! I emailed your suggestions to our programmer.

ABW Ambassador
    Alan, it's possible to have a drop-down menu that works by JS but uses Perl/CGI for those without JS enabled. Maybe your programmer can cobble such a script together, else I'll PM you the URL of where there's one available (free).

ABW Ambassador
    Nagging:

Bad idea for the Christmas season, Alan. Our customers who arrive at the homepage may be on the prowl to buy a teacher gift (very common holiday purchase) or pet lovers gift for example, and unless they have JS enabled, they might not know you even have them. Or grandparents... on and on it goes. Plus, that one in ten minority without JS may include someone ready to place a HUGE order, and we'll lose it.

There should also *always* be navigable links for bots - especially the way the MSN algo works. Just goes to show why designers/programmers and SEO folks don't always make good bed partners.

But other than this issue, the site looks absolutely gorgeous, very classy!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    The site looks great Alan. Very nice and easy to navigate.

I was able to see nav links on the side but I have java enabled. Might not apply or might have already been changed after WebWorker's suggestion.

Looks very ready for Christmas. YES! :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Thank you as always Rexanne. Hope all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Haiko...
    What's a "Nitification"
    A Tipo

--------------
    Alan,

Night and day difference from before but still needs a tiny bit more IMO. - I'll do a full Review for free on the phone page by page if you want. - Some say I'm good at reviewing / GUI improvements / Conversion increases.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Hey Haiko! I would love to hear your feedback/suggestions. Send me a PM and let me know what day/time next week work for you and we'll schedule a call. Thanks!

There's a thread here about re-inventing yourself... and everyone's posting what they are currently doing...

PMall introduced a script that previews someone's name on a personalized item, so the customer can see what the finished product will look like before they purchase, which is a cool selling tool.

I personally previewd "Billy and Pamela Anderson" on a bunch of romantic products... and almost made some purchases

Technically, this script isn't on MY site, but it's one click away... so that counts

Pam Anderson...I LOVE IT! That's actually why we have previews...window shopping (literally)!!

I'm glad you like it Billy!

We can post merchant links - right?

http://www.personalizationmall.com/P...productID=1674

Preview the Wedding Anniversary Frame with Billy and Pam... and you'll definately want one for yourself

I just love that you said Billy ANDERSON...you're taking her name huh?

15 years and counting
    I've no problem with your website Alan, great job.
    But I can't build my own links with LinkShare. Everything seems to work, but even after a few hours the link do not redirect to the right product but to the home page. I ended up using your preselected products in Create Links : PersonalizationMall.com Individual Product. Either something is not allowing it on your side or they have a temporary pb at LinkShare.

Hi Zeus! I'm forwarding this to my LinkShare rep Randy to look into. I'll call him first thing tomorrow morning as well. I'll send you a PM once I have an answer/resolution. Hang in there...I'll make it work for you!

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I've no problem with your website Alan, great job.
    But I can't build my own links with LinkShare. Everything seems to work, but even after a few hours the link do not redirect to the right product but to the home page. I ended up using your preselected products in Create Links : PersonalizationMall.com Individual Product. Either something is not allowing it on your side or they have a temporary pb at LinkShare.
    don't know if we've been in the same thread where something like this turned up before, but . . .

are you trying to do everything totally in LS? I found I had linkmaking problems to individual products unless I got the urls for the linkmaker from _outside_ LS: that is, opened two windows -- one for LS and the linkmaker and one for the merchant in question (their own url.)

Hi Webworker,

Here's an update from my programmer:

"Now you dont have to have javascript enabled to shop at our site.
    Youll lose some of the functionality (i.e. previews)."

Thanks again for your suggestions - I do listen.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Alan,

Very well done...we are talking night and day.

I think its about time you moved on up like George and Weezie....

Best of luck

Diddy

To a deluxe apartment in the sky-high-high...

Thank you for the kind words Diddy!

15 years and counting
    Herb - are you trying to do everything totally in LS? I found I had linkmaking problems to individual products unless I got the urls for the linkmaker from _outside_ LS: that is, opened two windows -- one for LS and the linkmaker and one for the merchant in question (their own url.)
    I always use two windows for convenience and I've no problem this way with all my merchants.
    A general problem with linkShare (and the same for Performics) is that the product links need to be generated to be effective. It can takes 2 minutes or over 1 hour if LS is really busy. In that case I waited over 2 hours and I was still redirected to the home page. I've not tried new links since.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread