Google to buy Time-Warner?
    Just watched a financial guru on Fox news. Said to look for a bidding war for Time-Warner.

He thinks Google, MSN, and Yahoo will all try to out bid each other in order to land the AOL plum.

His bottom line: Google would win that war. And, he thinks it will happen.

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

He is hoping enough people will hear him and buy Google stock so that he can cash out. Rule number one about shows that talk about the market. 9 out of 10 times the guy promoting the stock owns the stock. 10 out of 10 times they are hoping what they say will make em some money.

Its actually Google and Comcast. Google can't afford it ALONE that’s why they are working with Comcast to get the bid. MS isn't STUPID and won't let Google get any part of AOL. Microsoft wants to build their search empire. Let Google buy AOL they lose their chance at conquering the web. MS wants to buy AOL and phase out the Google AOL partnership and move in MSN search.

However the Google and Comcast joint bid is still in the early stages and most likely will fall apart since COMCAST won't be able to buy any of AOL because their too big and FCC regulations won't allow it and even if they did get by the FCC they have to deal with the SEC and I doubt they will get the go ahead. If Google and Comcast make a bid it will just be done to raise the price for Microsoft and get press for Google and raise their stock price. But in the end MS will end up with AOL. TW and MS work together already on various projects. I think TW investors would be happier with a MS purchase than a google/comcast purchase.

Last I checked yahoo wasn't even interested.

Lightbulb
    somehow I don't think MS is in it: wouldn't the FTC have a problem with MS owning Netscape?

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ΤΏΤ¬
    somehow I don't think MS is in it: wouldn't the FTC have a problem with MS owning Netscape?
    I would have to agree with that. MS got thier pee pees slapped for the whole monopoly thing before. I don't think they'll try that again, especially with something so huge.

Streaatz

I'd also be surprised if MS overpaid for something that they have the firepower to build themselves. Their infrastructure is far different than Google's.

I'm not saying that MS can overnight build an ISP empire... but I'd be interested to see what the financials of an ISP actually look like. Retention is tough, and new customer acquisition is even tougher. MS could probably make more money more easily by using affiliate links for ISP's and satellite providors

Lightbulb
    ya know, they just might need a very big tax writeoff . . .

Who doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ΤΏΤ¬
    Actually whats for sale is a portion of AOL and I beleive the netscape division isn't even included. Plus the market share MS has is so great that the 1% that use netscape wouldn't bug the FTC.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread