Adsense policy
    A question about the Google Adsense policy regarding similar advertisements. The policies contain the following statement:

We do not permit Google ads or search boxes accessing Google search services to be published on web pages that also contain what could be considered competing ads or services. If you have elected to receive contextually-targeted Google ads, this would include all other contextually-targeted ads or links on the same page as Google ads.

What are considered "competing ads or services"? Does it mean contextually-generated ads only? Or CJ ads that I put on my pages?

Los Angeles area
    My understanding is that it's only related to other contextually-generated ads by other organizations -- Yahoo, etc.

Virtually all of my pages with AdSense ads on them also have product links to CJ or SAS-affiliated vendors on them, and have been that way for nearly as long as AdSense has been around. Not a problem. Most affiliates have AdSense ads on their sales pages.

-- Mike
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

ABW Ambassador
    Sacramento, CA
    The only thing I can add to that is that Google has told me that you cannot have links from services such as RevenuePilot on the same page as their search box... not sure if it applies to their content ads or not though. Normal affiliate links are fine.

I would have to say it would be things like yahoo publisher, where they serve adds based on your page content like google does. Clicksor is another one. Not static links to products or merchants, but dynamic ads served by analyzing your page content.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread