Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador

Internet Cowboy
    I just got off the phone with one of my merchants who told me of this. You beat me to it Trust.

On one hand I say NICE JOB, on the other hand I say IT'S ABOUT TIME.

Take your pick,

15 years and counting
    That's good news and I hope the message will be heard by others.
    I still don't understand why it's taking so long (and is CJ getting back the money stolen during that time)

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Merchants must be fuming at CJ for them to finally take this action. KUDOS to merchants everywhere screaming at CJ to stop stealing from them with this crap!

Internet Cowboy
    And they didn't even get a chance to show they can live up to the new PSA.
    Not that they ever would!!!

ABW Ambassador
    It's nice they're gone, still available at LS in the merchant list. I'm guessing the reason they did this/new PSA are legal fears of having this kind of crap in their network. But i don't know.

Internet Cowboy
    Who will be next? Will it be the EB program to get the boot next? They are as bad or worse than SAHS was.
    Last edited by UncleScooter; October 14th, 2005 at 03:08 PM.

This is good to hear.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

WOW! Nice going, CJ!!

It does seem like a long time getting to this point, but I'm glad it's finally come.

Andy

about time!

but is this a case of mounting evidence or is it just hesitation on CJ's part?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    It's nice they're gone, still available at LS in the merchant list. I'm guessing the reason they did this/new PSA are legal fears of having this kind of crap in their network. But i don't know.
    Wouldn't it be sooooooooooooooooooooo cool if on the 20th, CJ kicks out ALL the bad apples - and reverses their sales for the last 5 years....

and then on the 21st, Todd posts "Hi all. We used the new PSA to get rid of them. Everyone still left on CJ will automatically revert to the old PSA starting tomorrow"

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Wouldn't it be sooooooooooooooooooooo cool if on the 20th, CJ kicks out ALL the bad apples - and reverses their sales for the last 5 years....

and then on the 21st, Todd posts "Hi all. We used the new PSA to get rid of them. Everyone still left on CJ will automatically revert to the old PSA starting tomorrow"
    What (some) of my fantasies are made of!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

We can only Pray Billy, we can only Pray ... it would be a GREAT day in AM.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

what the hec... we can dream...

and then Todd posts:

"The bad apples have returned 5 years of ill-gotten commissions, and CJ has devised a formula for dividing it up equally among all our affiliates, as we have have deternined that it was you guys who were being robbed. And Cj thanks your for your patience and understanding during this period"

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Billy let's not forget to give back the commissions and fees owed to Merchants also.

And after CJ distrubutes the money back to us...

Haiko can post a contest

Biggest check from CJ returned to an affiliate wins...

an iPod!!

Forget it dude! If CJ sent me a quarter million dollars it said e--b-ates got from me...

I'd buy Apple!!!

I see things a different way as usual.

They will be back with a new name just in time to accidently steal our Christmas money.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

This is good?
    There is hope for CJ?
    This would be grand and worth some retractions?
    I think it would be great if you felt so.
    I would tend to believe you.
    I truly hope that it is so ... such big plans ( read hopes) were in the works ... then I found you guys and saw the bad feelings.
    There is quite a bit of history.
    I always saw and liked the potential for residual income. Under such thinking, I built several $2k/month affiliate incomes .... that always ended up merging, being bought out, going into bankruptcy ( ie hosting in particular).
    Heck, I probably even provided support/scripting to many of you years ago ( anybody remember SVR in particular?).
    I've been seriously burnt more than once ... but there was one program that "stuck" for me and yet still grows. So the desire still lingers.
    I did get discouraged and sit for the past several years ( except for the one particular program). Then ... I hit 40 this month and realize that it is time to come home to the wife that has tolerated me for 20+ yrs and our 4 kids ( one in college).
    So here we go again .... and then I find your complaints with CJ. I have been burnt by LS and SAS ( though years ago). What to do?
    I think that CJ would be kewl for the combined payments but they have not smelled too good here so far ( the last couple of weeks at least).
    Just FYI ( changing from personal), I have read several posts saying that CJ would be much less without EB .... do they claim to be responsible for the new PSA??? -> http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.js...=1129150872517

"we work very closely with them to ensure that there is a high network quality in our program, as well as others, and this is the reason for many of the revisions of the PSA."

Another thought I have pondered ... if they straighten up ( such as this post leads) and one is utilizing multiple domains ... reckon the privacy page has to be "on" the particular domain? Would not a link to a single script ( though on a separate domain) that pulls the domain from the env and replaces say ##domain## be easier to change across the board ... would this suffice?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sorry jubilant people, but I smell cess. Usually I would be glad to see CJ finally boot some parasite, but the timing of this is toooo coincidental.

Kicking out SAHS *before* they had a chance to agree to the new PSA means that SAHS probably won't be able to have its older commissions ripped back by its pissed-off merchants.

They could be "booting" SAHS--out of the way of an oncoming truck!

Just FYI ( changing from personal), I have read several posts saying that CJ would be much less without EB .... do they claim to be responsible for the new PSA??? -> http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.j...d=1129150872517

"we work very closely with them to ensure that there is a high network quality in our program, as well as others, and this is the reason for many of the revisions of the PSA."
    AHA! So, a cheapskate reversal-maniac IS behind it. I figured as much!!!

(Yeah, I know eBay's now charging for reversals in advance, so it's not so obvious anymore. But there's lots of older threads about them reversing a lot, and hardly a good thread about them.)

I'm glad I don't have eBay.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

If they got rid of the bad apples, I would get off their back and use them again.

The only problem I have is are they doing it because they are about to face the music or because it is the right thing to do?

How can they ever be trusted or respected again?

I think Leader has it right. They are trying to NOT reverse those commissions!

Pretty darned sneaky!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Billy,

and then on the 21st, Todd posts "Hi all. We used the new PSA to get rid of them.
    I'll be the first OPM to bring a merchant to cj FREE of consulting for a year, the day they get rid of all "parasites". When I mean all I mean ALL, confirmed by Todd himself.

Heck, I have one merchant on standby right now, should I have them wait til 21st.

Todd, PM, call, email me quick to confirm.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    The ebay forum link doesn't work. So just for the heck of it I searched for ebates on ebay and this turned up:

"ebates $5 referral bonus for you with new account"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebates-5-referra...QQcmdZViewItem

Details
    You get a $5 referral bonus if you sign up for ebates.com with my referral email, and make a purchase through their site from one of 800 online mechants (like Circuit City, Best Buy, Dell, Good Guys, IBM, buy.com, JR.com, Barnes and Noble, Tower, Netflix, Overstock, and many more. You must be a first time user of ebates to qualify for the $5 bonus.
    Their website has details on the cash back percentages and special offers. You can earn up to 25% cash back on your online purchases, but the majority of the big name stores are in the 1% to 5% cashback range.
    Payments are sent out (check or PayPal) every three months if your balance is more than $5.01.

forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000097295&tstart=0&mod=1129150872517
    It's there ... look for the pink.

even though CJ had heard plenty about SAHS they made their decision when they actually observed the drive by happening.
    Fascinating.

I've taken to producing screen-capture videos as a way to let others "see" a nonconsensual installation without having to set up a full lab or sacrifice a test machine. And I've had no shortage of nonconsensual SAHS installs. (See http://www.benedelman.org/news/081105-1.html#installs for some references.) Neither have others. (See e.g. http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/pus-practices/ , Oct 5 entry.)

Nonconsensual installs of SAHS haven't been hard to find, so it stands to reason that CJ staff would ultimately see this if they sit down and test. It does raise some puzzles, though. For example, if multiple independent sources allege that a particular app is installed improperly, and post appropriate records showing as much (video, packet logs, etc.), but if CJ doesn't manage to reproduce that behavior in its testing lab, is the app in the clear in terms of CJ compliance?

Come on is timing an issue here?

Exactly - what a diversion tactic.. everyone is giving CJ kudos now..
    instead of concentrating on the NEW PSA.. and what it implies..

IMHO -- This issue with SAHS is just for SHOW..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast