Smile Opinions on new Ebay commish structure?
    I just wanted to get everyone's opinions on the new Ebay Commission structure.

As for me, so far, I'd have to say I'm 1) relieved it seems to be much better than I expected and 2) happy to see more than a dime for each commission. I'm surprised at how many of my bidders actually go on to win the auction. I'm very hopeful that this might turn out to be my best month yet with eBay (I hope! I hope!).

I do have 2 bids that haven't been paid yet (been 7 days), but considering the number of transactions I've had this month, that's not too bad. I'll give it a few more days and then contact eBay.

I hope you all are doing as well (or better) under the new structure.

-M
    Last edited by meadowmufn; October 14th, 2005 at 03:12 PM. Reason: wanted to add something...

I'm not unhappy with it. Still not sure how much time I want to devote to it, though. Other merchants would likely make more in the same amount of real estate, but people recognize and like eBay.

I've got a couple of Buy It Nows that are from the 7th that haven't been credited, I'm keeping an eye on them to see what happens.

Andy

My revenues are up slightly from September, but have trailed off since the first of the month. The first week of October it looked like I was going to make triple what I was under the old plan and I was doing the Snoopy Dance. Now it's looking at 1.2x to maybe 1.5x when all is said and done.

It's better, but the reporting is so [CENSORED] confusing and takes a lot of time and effort to weed through. I still don't understand a lot of it and wish there was an easier, more automated way of reconciling an "Advanced Sale" with it's "Winning Bid" counterpart. Maybe there is and I just don't know it.

Certain BIN and Stores sales are still not tracking though...

Still, up is up...

P.S. This still doesn't change my mind about the CJ PSA and reporting interfuc...errr. "interface".
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

The reporting is certainly one of the drawbacks. I'm spending at least half an hour to an hour a day reconciling bids with winning bids. Ugh. But it could be worse... I could have no winning bids. So I'm counting my blessings.

I'm seeing a lot better payment for bids -- probably 2-3 times as much. But I've seen a complete dropoff in registrations. I've only had one this month (for both eBay and eBay.ca), and I'm usually good for 15-20 with the level of traffic I send. I wonder if they're doing different screening, and that in the past I was being credited for people who re-registered but had accounts in the past.

I suppose the bids are the more sustainable option, since there are a finite number of people able to register for eBay.

The one trouble area I see is that we are currently being paid for every winning bid placed by a referred bidder for the duration of a 7 day cookie. I'm seeing tremendous revenue from just a couple of bidders. That worries me, because cookie theft will become more attractive in the future, trying to grab a piece of that action.

And eventually I'd expect eBay to eliminate it based on the theory that we shouldn't be compensted for actions that we did not refer. If they do that then the whole program will be virtually worthless.

Ralph

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread