Intel viiv
    I know this isn't a tech forum. But I just got back from the Intel Keynote today here in NYC and they demoed a PC running Intel viiv.

OMG OMG OMG with Intel viiv you turn your computer on and off like you would your TV. When you turn your computer on its already loaded into windows you don't need to boot up or anything.

Sorry just am really excited.

Question
    dumped all the legacy stuff?

Internet Cowboy
    That sounds very cool. I guess Windows is burned in to permanent memory or something of the sort? I am not a hardware person, but to be able to turn my machines on and off quickly would be very, very cool.

I don't know how they did it, they didn't allow a Q and A because it was the CEO giving the speech. But they demoed it and blew me away. but they are going to expensive.
    The way they make it sound is that those intel viiv pcs will have dual processors or more and they are intended for home users more like a media center access point.

another cool feature it has is that lets say you have an AVI file and want to move it to a portable video player that just supports mpeg. Intel viiv will detect what file format is needed automatically and while it transfers the file it will convert it to mpeg. But it will leave your avi file in tact on your computer.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread