What's this?
    I've had a few hits from here: http://www.seo.co.yu/home.php - I have no idea whose that page is, or why they have a link to my site on it!!

when a url shows in your logs and it seems to be webmaster-oriented it could be from someone "spamming" your logs. It may be that they haven't finished their page yet and if you noticed it with just the ABW forum url they figured you wouldn't mind it. if that is the case you may see it some time in the future with different copy on it.

ahh ok, it's a spammy thingy...showing the last url you were at when you go there.

Quote Originally Posted by lola
    ahh ok, it's a spammy thingy...showing the last url you were at when you go there.
    the first time I noticed it, I went there to see what was going on. They were selling "software" to webmasters. Software for spamming email and then I noticed software for spamming site logs. you're supposed to get curious and click on them.

Talking
    It's not just for making you curious. Sites like seo.co.yu, bitdesign.co.yu, and many more (all the same owner!! - I tracked this down after my site was hammered by them without end) are after backward links, adsense cheating, yahoo cheating, duplicating of your website's content for their own profit, collecting and selling of email addresses and much much more which is even worse.
    It's good you watched out, lola. Just ban the IP range - one from Belgrade, Serbia was used when they hammered my site. The ban worked wonders!

Wink
    Sit back and watch your pages get deindexed

dardan <--> nadrad?

Am I becoming dyslexic in my old age?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread