Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question re Motormint
    I joined Motormint through Affiliate Traction some time ago. Made links using the PSC but they never tracked. Banners from Motormint do.

Went to the Motormint site recently and noticed the affiliate signup page goes to LS. Have I missed something important here? Must I join via LS for the PSC to work? If so, it won't be a hardship; I can do search-and-replace to switch the IDs.

Motormint no more-affiliate-wise?
    I was told in an email that Motormint was dropped by LS. Can anyone confirm this? We had a lot of pages I have not taken down because a lot of work was expended. Our links still appear to go through...What's up? Anybody know for sure?

I used to have Motormint through LS, but their program was discontinued. I don't know who discontinued it or why, but I can tell you based on my experience with them, as well as others I know about, Motormint never did much in the first place, so no real loss.

Andy

motormint program stopped about a month or maybe more ago. No clue as to what happened all I know is I have a lot of dead links out there.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Question
    then I wonder if the PSC was intended for LS affil use but the connection dropped. Motormint has some of the stuff I need on my sites but only banners are available if you use the direct program.

what's real funny is that the PSC pulls the graphics to the page with no problem . . .

Guys, the PSC is for the in-house progam. In the directory I mistakely had it marked as an LS PSC. I just changed it. According to Motormint the tracking does work (I have an email from them stating as such) with the PSC product links.

Akiva
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator!

>>>According to Motormint the tracking does work <<<

but not for me. graphic links of theirs do track, but no clicks on the products shown in the PSC are tracking at all. coding looks good from here, as far as I know. I've double-checked my in-house aff ID also.

Exclamation
    >>>According to Motormint the tracking does work (I have an email from them stating as such) with the PSC product links. <<<

I don't see it. I've hit the PSC links multiple times, and assume others have as the page is reasonably popular. The only hit recorded is where I personally clicked on their banner. Maybe it is the reporting that is a problem? Do they record unique hits only? Still doesn't make sense.

(wonder if anyone else sees a problem . . . )

Without a better answer, I'm dropping them in a week. This time of year is too good to waste.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    >>>According to Motormint the tracking does work (I have an email from them stating as such) with the PSC product links. <<<

I don't see it. I've hit the PSC links multiple times, and assume others have as the page is reasonably popular. The only hit recorded is where I personally clicked on their banner. Maybe it is the reporting that is a problem? Do they record unique hits only? Still doesn't make sense.

(wonder if anyone else sees a problem . . . )
    I have the same issue with Motor Mint, Herb. No clicks register. Seems like a waste of space to me. I don't even bother checking their stats anymore.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I have the same issue with Motor Mint, Herb. No clicks register. Seems like a waste of space to me. I don't even bother checking their stats anymore.
    that's why I'm trying to get the definitive answer. Figured I might not be the only one as I've double-checked what I could.

I don't want to say negative things at all about MotorMint as they have a fine inventory, but for some reason I can't sell it. AND the PSC links work for the visitors as far as I know. Just don't track . . . for us.

So either we get this corrected or some real estate gets a new merchant. And this thread stays behind for the record.

The PSC generated product links still do not track. They have different tracking software. The datafeed to the PSC needs to be updated.

I have PM'd Akive to this issue. I have talked to the Affiliate Traction manager who has been in touch with Dale at Motormint. Hopefully something will be resolved soon.

This thread is so old, I may be the only one still promoting them. This non-tracking issue came up when the affiliate manager contacted me regarding little traffic and no sales. DUH?

Gene
    TCS

Thumbs down
    I wish they'd call me on this; I'm wound and ready.

Anyway, I gave up and pulled the PSC links and just use one banner on one index page of collectibles until they get their heads out of their rears.

Email sent...

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator!

Any word yet?

Gene
    TCS

Nope. Seems like my email is still floating... no read receipt...

Outsourced Program Manager
    MotorMint
    My name is Alex Harrell, Affiliate Manager for MotorMint.com. MotorMint is no longer with LinkShare, they are now with our company NetTraction.com and are using our AffiliateTraction.com software.

Herb-
    Regarding you question about your affiliate account for MotorMint.com, please contact me directly at 831.600.3337 or email at Aharrell@NetTraction.com. I would really like to work more with you to help your account active and producing. The PSC datafeed is no longer being tracked since the LS program for MotorMint was discontinued. I can email to current datafeed to you from our AffiliateTraction.com software.

I am looking forward to working with you. I will speak to you soon.

Alex Harrell
    Affiliate Manager
    Aharrell@NetTraction.com

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexh_NetTraction
    My name is Alex Harrell, Affiliate Manager for MotorMint.com. MotorMint is no longer with LinkShare, they are now with our company NetTraction.com and are using our AffiliateTraction.com software.

Herb-
    Regarding you question about your affiliate account for MotorMint.com, please contact me directly at 831.600.3337 or email at Aharrell@NetTraction.com. I would really like to work more with you to help your account active and producing. The PSC datafeed is no longer being tracked since the LS program for MotorMint was discontinued. I can email to current datafeed to you from our AffiliateTraction.com software.

I am looking forward to working with you. I will speak to you soon.

Alex Harrell
    Affiliate Manager
    Aharrell@NetTraction.com

was discontinued when??

Alex,

I was not made aware of this. I sent you an email.

Motormint left LS back about Oct 2005 or before. In speaking with Alex today, I learned that Dale at Motormint was not aware that the PSC was still active and was not being tracked until two weeks ago when I informed Alex of Affiliate Traction. Alex has been trying to get Dale to supply a new updated datafeed so that the PSC can be updated. The Psc is still very much active but, with a faulty datafeed.

Akiva,
    If you would like to speak to Alex directly, I can PM his 800 number to you.

Gene
    TCS

Question so do they want the business?

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I just got off the phone with them and the AM told me the PSC would not be tracked and that Net Traction would not track the sales.

The Motormint PSC is no longer available.

Bye, Bye Motormint.

Gene
    TCS

Talking
    I think I'll keep one or two of their banners up and wait for the email wondering why I'm not sending them any business.

Outsourced Program Manager
    MotorMint.com
    This is Alex Harrell with NetTraction. I want to clarify this situation as best I can.

As of about a year ago, MotorMint started their NetTraction affiliate program, using the AffiliateTraction tracking software. They created a datafeed to be tracked on our software, because they received good results from running the pre-existing PSC. According to MotorMint, the PSC was created for a handful of people to be tracked on his end. When joining NetTraction, MotorMint was under the impression that no one was running the PSC, and in turn forgot to mention it to us.

In regards to the tracking post made by Jackson: ***"I just got off the phone with them and the AM told me the PSC would not be tracked and that Net Traction would not track the sales."***

We have our own tracking software, which tracks creatives and datafeeds uploaded into our software. If you were receiving minimal activity it was because you had a banner or two up on a page with minimal traffic. So you may have gotten a few impressions once in a while, but nothing of real significance. At the same time you were running the PSC, which was still working but for all practical purposes not being tracked. The reason it was never being tracked is simply because it was on different tracking software and has never been associated with the current tracking software solution (AffiliateTraction).

Akiva had also mentioned in a previous post that the MotorMint PSC is no longer available, however there is the datafeed offered in the AffiliateTraction software. It functions the same way as the PSC and can be tracked in your affiliate account. Whether you are an affiliate or not and would like assistance with login information or program details please contact me directly.

Thank you,

Alex Harrell
    Affiliate Management Team Leader
    Aharrell(at)NetTraction.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast