Internet Cowboy
    Bye Bye LinkShare and LinkShare Merchants
    If I can't call and ask a question about an August payment from a merchant that was supposedly received but is not yet posted in your Synergy Analytics without being made to feel as if I am bothering someone by asking them to verify that it was received because YOUR USELESS REPORTING DOES NOT SHOW IT, then I certainly do not need to get in any deeper than I am with LinkShare.

LinkShare, you have the absolute WORST customer service in this industry. The person I spoke with really made me feel as if I was interrupting something that was much more important.

Chris, move this program to another network and I will once again promote it, but I refuse to work with a network where the support people very obviously have no interest in helping affiliates and are just plain rude!

UncleScooter,

Let the new owners of LS know about this. I know the Japanese don't do business this way and they certainly would not be happy with this kind of behavior.

Does anyone have an address for them? I know I have a few things I'd like to recommend.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    UncleScooter - the support people very obviously have no interest in helping affiliates and are just plain rude
    The good part with LinkShare is that you have to learn fast to do everything yourself and don't rely on them for anything.
    I still wonder how Kelli is able to work there.

Internet Cowboy
    Ron,
    I am not going to pursue it any longer. The manager of the program in question can take it up with them if he wants. It is not worth my time or aggrivation any longer.
    I am not going to delete my account and I am not ripping links down from the existing LS merchants I promote. But my growth, PPC spend, active promotion and concern for LinkShare and its merchants are all now set to 0. They shall remain here until I am convinced that something has changed.

15 years and counting
    Don't be discouraged, they have some good merchants. I'm my up and down, too. I don't talk to them anymore and I feel much better. Last time I talked to them it was a disaster.
    As long as they freeze their "upgrade", I'm going to leave my links.

UncleScooter,

I understand how you feel, and certainly don't blame you for feeling that way. As a customer, you have every right to expect courtesy and respect when dealing with companies. If you don't get it, it's a poor reflection on that business.

Think of how many others feel the same way, but will never stop to complain.

LS should be VERY concerned about this perception - lots of failed dot coms took a walk down the same path...

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Some of the best AMs in this business have programs in Linkshare. These AMs do help us tremendously. Work with the right AMs (Chris is one of them) and they will help you through the Linkshare problems.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Scoot

Who did you speak to I will follow up and get resolution. (Not checked my email yet so might be you send more info already)

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Internet Cowboy
    I didn't get her name and she offered none when she answered the phone. I have talked to LS twice and both times I felt like I was an interruption.
    Chris, thanks but I think this is just a corporate philosophy that they are too good or too busy or too....something to help people.
    I'm sure these people get a lot of phone calls from people asking simple questions when the answers can easily be found on their web site. I understand this.
    What I can't get past is this incredibly awkward reporting system they shove on us and force us to use THEN THEY DON'T F'IN UPDATE IT!!!!!

This is pretty much how the conversation went:
    Me: I need to confirm that payment was made from XXXX for August.
    Them: Does it show that it has been made in Synergy Analytics?
    Me: No. But the merchant assures me that it was made. Can you confirm this?
    Them: <loud sigh> Hold on.
    After two minutes of holding, I get a dial tone. I call back.
    Me: I was holding for someone who was checking on a payment from XXXX for August and got cut off.
    Them: Is the payment showing up for August in SA?
    Me: No. But it has been confirmed by the merchant and someone was checking on it.
    Now I am put on hold again when the first one picks back up.
    Them: They made the payment and it will be included in 10/28 check.
    Me: Is there some way that I could have seen this in SA and not had to call?
    Them: SA has not been updated.
    When dealing with people on the phone, the tone of your voice is everything. The person I talked to acted as if she really just wanted me to go away. Affiliates have too many options to put up with that tone from some customer service person.

Why spend the money on this reporting software and not update it? Why force people to call and then be rude to them?

This is not an AMWSO thing, it is a LinkShare thing.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Poor Chris - I've "yelled" at him when I really wanted to yell at linkshare - but... Chris is available!!

Scooter...

Check the 1000's of emails you've rec'd over time from Linkshare. Find a name. ANY LS name. Develop a relationship with that LS name.

Soon as they know you're a "person", rather then a nameless ID calling in to 'complain" about something (C'mon, who call LS to say "Just wanted to say everything's wonderful!)...

soon as you establish a relationship... things change

They don't get better... but they change

(sorry, you KNOW I can't give a compliment)

(and in case one of my "relationship" people reads this, thanks for your help today (Really))

Internet Cowboy
    Billy,
    Chris rocks. I am a big fan of AMWSO because they reposnd when they get a request to reposnd. At other networks, I have a person who I can call or email who gets right on stuff like this, but I am a small potatoes affiliate at LinkShare.
    Perhaps some day if I am doing the business with LS that I am in other places, I will have a person I can count on. Maybe that is the trick. But until that day I have a hard time being treated like someone who is wasting their time when I have a legitmate reason to call.

Maybe when the other company takes over this will change. We'll see.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    UncleScooter,
    My apologies for not chiming in earlier. I am very concerned by your post and would like to personally look into this for you. I would also like to get your account assigned to someone on my team.

If you wouldn't mind, I would really appreciate it if you'd PM me with your contact information so that I can help. I am traveling Tuesday/Wednesday on business but will be back in the office late afternoon on Wednesday.

I hope you are open to speaking with me about this.

Thanks,
    Kelli

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    UncleScooter,
    My apologies for not chiming in earlier. I am very concerned by your post and would like to personally look into this for you. I would also like to get your account assigned to someone on my team.

If you wouldn't mind, I would really appreciate it if you'd PM me with your contact information so that I can help. I am traveling Tuesday/Wednesday on business but will be back in the office late afternoon on Wednesday.

I hope you are open to speaking with me about this.

Thanks,
    Kelli
    PM sent.

soon as you establish a relationship... things change

They don't get better... but they change
    What do you mean by that?
    They don't get better... but they get worse?

Hey!, As long as things change, who cares? - right?

;-)

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Scoot...

I need to expand on the "developing a relationship w/ people at LS" thing, and give a compliment - yet still be ambiguous

"Mr X" from LS called recently and said "MerchantA" would be a great match for my site

I said that merchant hasn't responded to an email in a year - fails my responsivenes test

He said "Hold while I get the AM's personal contact info"

Yesterday, I called the merchant. He offered me a Private Offer - almost 3 times the normal - on the spot!

You can't get these things from the toll free support number

Internet Cowboy
    I completely agree, Billy. I have gotten one private offer without being in direct contact with an AM. I have gotten many by either calling or making personal contact with an AM. Personal contact is indeed the way to go.
    I also agree on your responsiveness test. I often email the AM of a program I wish to promote asking them a single, easy to answer question. Most of the time I already know the answer, but the purpose of the email is to see if their eyes are actually open. Some pass, some don't. Some might have changed their email address and I might be missing a prime opportunity by not working with them because they have changed their email.
    This is indeed where having a contact in the network can be a big plus.
    Thanks for the tip!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Poor Chris - I've "yelled" at him when I really wanted to yell at linkshare - but... Chris is available!!
    Always available for a good shouting at!

UncleScooter, you are right. I just hang my website there and do not maintain and promote it. I can still earn money every month but I don't know (they won't let you know, or they themselves don't know) why I receive these checks. But today I have to login LS again to set the payment threshold again and again and again..., because I keep receiving $20 or $2 checks these days. Maybe this is a feature of LS which can reset the payment threshold to zero every month automatically? LS please write a press release for this GREAT feature! The poor Japanese paid $425M for a rubbish. Btw, as far as I know, a lot of merchants consider LS as an advertising method, not an affiliate network. These clever merchants pay LS $ every month and get free advertisement place on our websites (sure there are some great merchants but you have to find them by yourself).

ABW Ambassador
    But when you do find these great merchants, they are like pure gold. They are scattered around in all the networks.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread