Adsense - Estimating CTR's & Earnings
    Hi,

How do you estimate your click through rate and earnings per click will be with AdSense?

I'm trying to do some calculations for a new service that is pretty targetted. It helps users manage their email and voice messages in one place. We'll know the users zip code, address, city, mobile phone #, phone carrier, and possibly more. We're hoping to have ~ 8 million impressions/month after 12 months.

We're guessing we'll have a click through rate of ~2% and at least an earnings per click of $.10. Is that reasonable or WAY OFF?

Thanks!
    BrookinMT

ABW Ambassador
    I THINK that is against the adsense TOS to discuss those issues in an open fora

If you members can't give me #'s, can you give me an idea if I'm WAY OFF?

Or can you give me some ways (other than launching!) to test these estimates?

Gracias,
    BrookinMT

ABW Ambassador
    Cannot possibly give you ANY idea what your income would be, but for CTR, that will, of course, be a percentage of your total visits so naturally, the better your rankings and traffic and the more visitors you have, the more CLICKS you'll have regardless of the CTR.

Ultimately, the CTR will depend on how good your pages are, how targeted and appealing they are to the needs of visitors, what the ad inventory and click cost are for the particular topic and specifics of the page, and how well you optimize the pages.

The Adsense provided optimization tips are excellent, and worth taking a good look at before even designing pages so they'll fit in nicely and blend with the design - and do well. They *do* know what they're talking about.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread