Post Advertising your site
    Does anyone have any suggestions on advertising. I am ranked a five on the search engines and if you type in crafts for sale I come up 9 out of 11 million hits, which I think is really good but I don't know how to utilize my rank and would appreciate anyone's help with it. I have tried to make my site content rich but am not sure if I am getting that done as well as I could.

Dianecrafts, welcome on board!

What kind of advertising are you looking for? Advertising of your site's affiliate program or your products/services (looks like you're into crafts, which is very similar to what we do)?

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Dianecrafts
    I am ranked a five on the search engines and if you type in crafts for sale I come up 9 out of 11 million hits, which I think is really good but I don't know how to utilize my rank and would appreciate anyone's help with it.
    Does the SE position you've achieved convert into sales? What do you mean when you say "I don't know how to utilize my rank"?

I've just looked at your website. You have some very nice items at very nice prices. So what do you mean when you say "I don't know how to utilize my rank"? Does it not convert?

Geno

I would like to utilize my crafts but at the same time sell. I am extremely hight on the search engines and wonder how to tap into that. If you type in crafts for sale I am 9 out of 11 million so, maybe I need another approach because I am not receiving my hits from being that hight up. I just hate to see such a high rank go by the wayside.

No my rank does not convert to sells, so maybe I need another way to get found. such as teddy bears, I get hit alot for that search but again, no sales? or a bad affiliate, they have no tracking so maybe I need a new teddybear salesman

Affiliate Manager
    Good Morning Neighbor!

In a quick look at your site and ranking, I think you would benefit from a slight redesign of the page people are landing on. Since the main page of your site is not the one they land on with that term, they are seeing a solely sales page with the same type of things that I see in a lot of online malls as soon as they land there-

As a frequent online craft type customer, If I was searching with that term- i would be looking for one of two things-
    1. Kits, books or equiptment for crafts
    2. Handmade type crafts- the types of things that when you give to someone they have not seen in a store and assume you either made or bought at a craft show

If I was reorging the page, I would add a section to the top with items like Rockler instructions and candle people supplies as well as some hand selected "finished" crafts.

If you are a student, you may want to consider a domain of your own to prepare for the eventual loss of this URL as well.

Thanks for the advise. I will consider my options.

Is 'crafts for sale' a high traffic search term? If it's not, then regardless of how high you rank for it, it doesn't really do much for you.

Good question, Rogi. "Buy crafts" or "crafts sale" are probably more popular...

Geno

I show 1097 searches for that term every 2 months. However, most related searches are for hover craft and water craft for sale, so you may be hitting the wrong kind of "crafts" customer with that term.

Actually I get a fair amount of traffic from that search but I did change some of my other pages to reflect what the content is. I have been getting lots of hits based on a specific product, thats why I made the change.

LOL. I just used the big G to look up that search term, and you do rank very nicely for it. But right behind a site that has crafts for sale by death row inmates. <ROFL>

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread