Lightbulb Looking for Teddy Bear affiliates
    I would love to have a good affiliate that deals with teddy bears. My site is hit often and hard for them. If your interested, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianecrafts
    I would love to have a good affiliate that deals with teddy bears. My site is hit often and hard for them. If your interested, let me know.
    The proper way to look for them would be through ABW Advertising Options. Start with the New Program Announcement, Diane and you will definitely find "good affiliates" within just a few days.

Geno

Geno, easy with the coffee this AM

She means merchants who sell teddy bears

------------------

Dianecrafts, have you looked at vermont teddy bears on Linkshare?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I am actually looking for affiliates who have teddy bears that I can sell on commission.

Diane, you are an affiliate who sells a merchant's products for commission.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Geno, easy with the coffee this AM

She means merchants who sell teddy bears
    How do you know when "good affiliate" means "good merchant"? How do you translate this?! I thought, I am the one that owns a translation company!

I guess, I should just enter you into the DB of our freelance translators, Haiko.

Geno

Sorry, I am just trying to learn about all this. I have only decided to do this 2 months ago, and this has always been a good way for me. (as they say) no question is do dumb if it makes you smarter

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Diane, you are an affiliate who sells a merchant's products for commission.
    He's right, Dianne.

Affiliate - A person, organization, or establishment associated with another as a subordinate, subsidiary, or member.

An e-commerce affiliate is a website which links back to an e-commerce site such as Amazon.com. When a reader of the website clicks on a link, they are connected to the e-tailer and if they purchase something the affiliate receives a small payment, usually a percentage of the money the customer spends. Affiliates can also be referred as advertisers. E-commerce affiliate is a multi billion dollar industry and is expected to rival traditional affiliates in the near future.

[source]

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    How do you know when "good affiliate" means "good merchant"? How do you translate this?! I thought, I am the one that owns a translation company!

I guess, I should just enter you into the DB of our freelance translators, Haiko.
    I looked at her profile

==========
    Diane,

NP, just don't be stubborn and open to learn and correction, if need be, and you'll do just fine.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Dianecrafts,

Welcome to ABW!

Check out Playful Plush Toys, we have a large selection of plush toys, including care bears, doodle bears, and much more. May be related to what you are looking for

You can read about the program here

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Shawn - Nature Hills Nursery, Inc.
    Contact Info: aol im: sms10221975 | shawn"at"naturehills.com | icq: 106-663-985
    Join the Nature Hills affiliate program now | Earn 15% per sale | 365-day Cookie

Hello Diane,

I just saw a few (7) Boyd's Bears at GivingGallery. Their at SAS. I know it's not many but if your working with datafeeds, you can pull them out pretty easily.

Suzie
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    We are affiliates??? I thought we are publishers? And I thought the merchants are advertizers...Wait, no am I the advertizer and the merchants publishers? Maybe the publishers are advertizers??? I really don't know any more, I guess I should stop reading those darn new publisher service agreements. Btw, did anyone know that cj is an application service provider. According to their new terms they facilitate "Performance Marketing Programs".

I am just so confused, what am I? what do I do? When do I get paid? What does a merchant mean when he reverses a transaction because of other? Wait that entity that reversed my commission, is that really a merchant?

You know when all is said and done i suppose the only important question is "When do I get paid?"

Oh yes answering the posters question, gocollect is a merchant with teddy bears, there is also the vermont teddy bear company, in england there is also a site called bearwithlove. You'll have to look these sites up yourself because I don't think I'm allowed to post their urls. Not sure.

Mike

Dianecrafts,

Ojmoo brings up some common questions we've all asked when starting up so i'll just try summarize it up for you. Hope you can make sense of the following:

What am I?
    You are an affiliate.
    publisher = affiliate.
    advertiser = merchant.
    Affiliates (us) are publishers because we 'publish' websites and get paid commission for our performance with the merchant. The merchants are advertisers (note: they advertise on our websites).

What do i do?
    Build (a) website(s) and place banners/text links/products that merchants supply (with your affiliate link/coe) on your website and earn commission for sales you refer to them. Or, without a website, use pay-per-click (such as google AdWords) to advertise on search engines and send the customers directly to your merchants via your affiliate links.

When do I get paid?
    Usually monthly but depends on your earnings and the merchants abiilty to pay on time. If you earn above the monthly threshold set by the affiliate network (such as Linkshare, CJ, ShareASale, etc), which is usually $25 or $50, then you will be paid for that month, sometime in the next month (unless you have direct deposit set-up where they pay directly to your account). Then it also depends on the merchants ability to pay on time (some merchants don't pay the networks on time and so you might miss the payment for a month, etc)

What does a merchant mean when they reverse a transaction?
    There could have been a credit card/payment problem, or the customer cancelled the order, or a myriad of reasons (when it says other, you can contact the affiilate manager for that merchants affiliate program and ask them why there was a reversal).

Nice lesson, Rogi.

We have always been called "affiliates" but CJ and I think LS started calling us "publishers" because they felt that after they brought in a lot of bad actors that the term "affiliate" had taken on some bad connotations and that in some places our profession has become almost a dirty word.

We have done none of the nasty things now being associated with being "affiliates" and are not ashamed of our profession. We still are proud to be "affiliates"!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

And I thought you were looking for teddy bears who were doing affiliate marketing! Bearing (hahah) in mind that Chez Dynamoo is over-run with them, that could have been been a nice little earner!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Internet Cowboy
    Vermont Teddy Bears is on Linkshare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianecrafts
    Diane, if you ever want to feature hand-carved wooden bears, remember me.

Geno

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread