Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Update Jagger
    How is everybody doing during this new Google update (update Jagger http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum30/31688.htm) that's been going on since the 22nd Sept. I've lost 66% of my traffic with no signs of recovery yet. And just as Xmas was approaching
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I've lost almost all my Google traffic but only on one of my sites. I can't figure out why Google would devalue that one site and not the othres. In any case I've only lost about 25% of my traffic as I do well with other SEs and type-ins, inbound links, referrals, bookmarks, etc.

I miss the old (less commercial) Google.

My largest traffic site lost all its google traffic, which was pretty much all that site recieved BUT MSN is picking up the slack all of a sudden...although from past experience my google traffic converted better since it was for more specific terms(i.e. products themselves) and MSN traffic is geared more towards brand names.

My sites are all over the place...luckily for me I have other projects that aren't as reliant on serps.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Lost quite a bit of Google traffic, and I hear it's not over yet. I'm hearing lots of comments from non-webmaster types that Google isn't very good any more, been hearing that for a while. I wonder how long Google can continue to provide trash SERPs before they start losing market share.

Google = the broken search engine

Andy

Question
    the only real google traffic I'm getting is just to one site, and just image searches at that. I wonder if any coming that way are looking to buy something?

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I'm hurting too. My traffic is down about 40% on my best site. It's really killing me!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

I wonder if there is anyone that has benefited from this update?

It seems on all the boards i've read people have been clobbered or have maintained the positions.

I only visit affiliate and seo boards, so that may have something to do with it.
    Has anyone gained any positions?
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

One of our sites went from position nowhere (probably 50-60) to #2 in Google overnight, and the traffic basically tripled on that site, and they're click-click-clicking.

Unfortunately, position #1 is a real sleeper site. There's maybe 200 words tops on that particular page, and the owner was kind enough to include a footer that says "Last updated - Feb. 14, 2001."

I've looked at this page to see what makes it so special, and simply can't see anything that would make it a #1 page. And I don't see anything special about our site that would cause it to shoot like a rocket to position #2.

As for the rest of our holdings, they're all ranked somewhere just above the depths of H**l in Google, while Yahoo! and MSN love us and they rank them consistently in the top #1/#2/#3 spots.

I gave up trying to figure out Google a long time ago. I'm also at the point where I think their results aren't that relevent anymore.

CodeJockey.

The effect of Google. Mostly my fault for relying too much on SE traffic. Notice the stabilization after the update that started 22 Sept.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

whoaaa PR just update and my fxdir got 4/10.if you have new site/exist dont bother to submit to our directory
    Last edited by fxdir.com; October 20th, 2005 at 01:37 AM. Reason: add

Everything is on the up and up here. Google is actually increasing traffic across the board to my sites. I was even surprised to see Google traffic has doubled for the past week on my lowest traffic site. I may just have to put some time into that site this holiday season. None of my increases are as drastic as this site though:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=64487

It's been gaining more and more traffic from Google monthly. My other sites are only seeing spurts of increased Google traffic. I hope my days of huge Google fluctuations are over, but who knows.. What I do know is my days of relying on free search engine traffic are over. I'm looking for those repeat visitors.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Awesome snib. I notice almost commercial keywords dominated by big company ie cheap shoes,buy cosmetics etc ... its really frustated how to achieve position in google

This update is a biggie. New PR is showing up at this Google Datacenter per Matt Cutts.

My PR is going up, but my traffic is going down...'splain that, Lucy!

Andy

All my sites are going boing boing boing----
    I wish it would stop!! and leave me on top teehee
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Jagger is giving me a headache and I ain't talking about Sir Mick's singing. According to Matt Cutts' blog we may see another 2 or 3 weeks of this madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cutts' blog
    And I wouldnt be surprised if a second stage of the index rolls out around this time next week. I also wouldnt be surprised if a third stage of the index rolls out the week after that. I just wanted to let people know that theres still flux to come.

I'm seeing such a rollercoaster ride in terms of traffic.
    One site doubles traffic, the other will half, one dissappears, the other goes first.... when does the ride stop?

Not doing too bad. Traffic has been a little wacky from Google but my PR's are all up over the last update. On some of my content sites I feel like Robin Hood, taking lots of traffic from MSN and converting it to G$ and Y$. :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I had a lot of pr updates on my new sites that had pr 0. Guess they got out of the sandbox
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

one of my sites that lost almost all of its Google traffic in May has started to pick up again around the 16/17 October.

However it is nowhere near back to where it was this time last year.

Les

Anybody noticing any minor improvements in traffic/ranking yet? I'm seeing slight improvements today.

ABW Ambassador
    Had some pages that had some nice page 1 listings and a few of them dropped at the start and noticed them back where they should be today. So this update still has some time yet before it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherMan
    Anybody noticing any minor improvements in traffic/ranking yet? I'm seeing slight improvements today.
    Yeah, I actually did notice another slight increase today. I had a record number of visitors for one site even though it's Sunday. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I was doing fine, until a particular merchant screwed up their feed, and I didn't notice the fubarrage for a while.

Now that entire section got whacked and the main page for it that they have cached says, "The supplied argument is not a valid MySQL resource on line..." Of course THAT was the area where I had the highest ranks.

Needless to say, I fought with it until I got it running, but who knows how long it'll take before those pages get listed again...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    "I wonder how long Google can continue to provide trash SERPs before they start losing market share."

http://internetstockblog.com/article/3656

"Strong year-over-year growth in unique visitors:
    * Of the largest Net companies, Google grew fastest at 34%."

They ain't going nowhere.

Lightbulb
    >>>They ain't going nowhere.<<<

I think they're working off their older reputation. The Public hears their name used as a verb, thinks that is a Good Thing. This could go on for quite a while.

For us, though, one hopes they get their Act together. Some consistency (with common sense answers) would help.

Meanwhile, I have sites that bounce up and down in the numbers of pages that are actually indexed, not just listed. I think they haven't learned how to handle the index as a whole piece yet. And what's worse is how they grade the sites in it, anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast