Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Is tomorrow (Oct 20) doomsday at CJ for cheaters?
    Does the new PSA take effect tomorrow?
    What time of day?
    Anyone know?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Donuts, are you expecting to see a dramatic improvement in your transactions?

What time of day?
    Anyone know?
    I would guess that it starts at 12:01 AM tomorrow morning.

Andy

What I expect is for CJ to START doing something about CRAP like this:
    http://www.1source4.info/rapid/2005-10-19.html

I recorded this today and have reported it to RapidSatellite. Wurld Media parasite being used to steal commissions from merchants and affiliates. Rapid Satellite is so pissed trhat they can't see straight.

I plan to post more and piss off as many CJ merchants as possible - to make sure CJ stays motivated and effective at removing the CHEATERS in accordance with their new PSA.

Question is, what will CJ do?

I believe tomorrow is the day the new PSA takes effect.

If you're a CJ merchant, PM me for 15 minutes of free parasite testing! First 5 CJ merchants are on me!

Donuts,

RapidSatellite has good reason to be angry about this!

We can only hope tomorrow is the beginning of a new era at CJ...as well as the end of an old era!

Andy

If my guess is right CJ will "warn" any offenders first. The real questions is what will be done after the warning when thy pop up somewhere else.

And of course, CJ can not let us know what they have done with offenders so we really have no way of knowing what CJ has done or if it is any way consistent. Simply put, we just have to have "faith".
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Simply put, we just have to have "faith".
    Or a pissed off merchant.

I am unable to accept the agreement...I'm visiting family and IE won't load cj for me cuz he's got all sorts o-crap on it and doesn't want me to mess with it and firefox isn't accepting the click...

How serious is it if I can't accept??
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

There is no official agreement to sign off on......
    Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    I am unable to accept the agreement...I'm visiting family and IE won't load cj for me cuz he's got all sorts o-crap on it and doesn't want me to mess with it and firefox isn't accepting the click...

How serious is it if I can't accept??
    CJ told me that by merely continuing to use your account, you are agreeing to the terms. If you do not agree, your choice is to terminate your account with CJ..

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nice video of a fraudulent use of network sales tracking cookies. Rapid Satellite obviously would like to Trust CJ's recomendations of viable legit Super Affiliates like WurldMedia. They were the adware buz here years ago promising .. no more forced cookie sets...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15 years and counting
    Mike - They were the adware buz here years ago promising .. no more forced cookie sets...
    Only a network can believe that! Good catch Donuts.

I wonder if Liz, a frequent poster here, knows she's being targeted as well.

I'll drop her an email and copy the VP of the company as well.

For ABW viewing pleasure:
    http://www.1source4.info/rugman/2005-10-19.html

Guess what - same guy - same CJ PID - freeze video at time index 00:16 (seconds) and you can see it there. Really hard for CJ to find...

Rugman executives just received an email. They're going to be pissed. Their VP was at Andy's last seminar and "gets it".

GO DONUTS GO!!!!!!!!!
    Keep Up The Good Work!
    Evil Doers BEWARE... DoNuts Is On The CASE!!!!

This Just Happened To Be My 666 Post...
    Muhahahahhaaaaaaaaa!

Internet Cowboy
    CJ will give them 60 days to continue before doing anything about it and they probably will not do anyting then

The Wurld Media info, when you dig into it, says that they monitor for and never overwrite another affs cookies... rapid has dual programs (CJ and KB) and rugman is moving towards (CJ and SAS)... makes for a complicated tracking deal at times... Todd'll be here soon to tell me to believe that this parasite won't ever screw me...

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Hi everyone,

Donuts, thanks for bringing this issue to our, and everyone else's attention.

I had no idea this was occurring - but I'm confused as to WHAT is occurring exactly.

Here's what I gathered from the video:

-Cookies were cleared
    -www.rugman.com was typed into browser
    -cookies folder revisited
    -bunch of new cookies had been deposited: conversion ruler, rugman.com, etc. and a CJ cookie- but where does that come in and whose cookie is it?

I didn't see anything rugman.com related which had been popped, except a "support the troops" pop - but it didn't pop on our site - it pops a few seconds later in the bottom of your screen. Looks like spyware on your system?

Please provide further insight. I'd like evidence of who that CJ.com cookie belongs to - if that cj cookie belongs to anyone in our program I want them removed. As you know I work hard to keep our program parasite free and cookie-stuffing is not something we allow for at any time - especially especially especially when it comes in the form of spyware.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon about the PID on that cookie.

Thanks,
    Liz

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Rugman executives just received an email. They're going to be pissed. Their VP was at Andy's last seminar and "gets it".
    That deserved outing by you, Donuts, should go over big with a graduate of the AndyR AM school of hard knocks. CJ should see the logic that the pissed merchant just wants a fair earned commission payout as part of their network deal. There is no contractual committment (merchant/network) to allow for double-dipping on non-commissionable sales actions. Therefore a TOS clause specifying this as illegal activity (no commissions due) would do wonders.

Charlies tip of the day: Put that clause into your Merchant/Network agreement and you'll make the merchant happy.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Publisher Agreement
    Hi,

Where can I access the new PSA. I format my harddrive and lost all my e-mails.

Another thing, can someone let me copy their Privacy Policy, i'll just change everything that is specific to my account.

Thank you.

!@#!@$@#
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Possible more usefull read
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...-websites.html
    before posting

Liz - sent you an email.

About Wurld Media, it is CJ's job to explain how it works to the merchants and then let them decide. Since CJ gets a % of sales, there's an inherent conflict. And since the merchant is, in essence, creating the fund pool that gets donated, shouldn't CJ be telling them for tax purposes. AND, wouldn't philanthropic merchants do better donating by choosing to forgo the CJ cut, the WM cut, get a straight up deduction for themselves and donate directly to causes they support. And who is auditing WM and their finances. I requested a Form 990 from the IRS for Wurld Media and was told they don't file one. Charitable giving also requires a keen eye for putting your money where it does the most work - that's the purpose of donating - so choose wisely, get informed, read IRS Form 990's to know how much of your donation goes directly to the charities of your choice. Or just do stupid stuff and feel good about it - Save The Welsh (instread of the Whales) for all I care - this is also a valid choice - just not my personal preference.

Internet Cowboy
    Care to comment Todd?

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Thanks for all the tips.

As a follow up, I'd like to note that we are in no way affiliated with Support the Troops - that pop has nothing to do with Rugman.com.

Show me differently and I'm happy to fix it but as it stands, we're not aware of any affiliation with Support the Troops, we don't donate to them, we don't encourage others (or discourage others) from donating to them...

I'd like to get to the bottom of this. And as I emailed you Donuts - that PID which appears in your Video is not included in my affiliate base. I have searched it and researched it, as well as Wurld Media within our CJ database of publishers and come up empty handed each time.

Looks to me like it's a case of spyware on your system causing the Support the Troops popup more likely because the person who owns that piece of spyware is making money off of Support the Troops - NOT because they're making money off of Rugman.com.

Once again, I Want to be very clear that I want our program clean and will do what it takes to keep it that way. If that means removing ill-intentioned partners from the program (such as in the case of something like this) I'd not hesitate to give them a swift boot in the A$$.

Having said that, I can't find this guy in my program and so at this point, not sure this has anything to do with us except that he decided to pop his affiliated link of Support the Troops at a user WHEN they type in Rugman.com (and who knows what else) into their browser.

I welcome any other thoughts for discussion.

Thanks again for the efforts - I give kudos to anyone who takes the time and effort to try and rid the world of the scum that propogate this kind of stuff in the first place (spyware).

On that note it's 7pm, been here since 7am and I think it's time to head HOME.

Best,

Possible more usefull read
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/wind...g-websites.html
    before posting
    Thats exactly the reason people do not want those urls accessed on their machines!!

They associate those urls with spyware/malware etc...not realizing it's not those urls(tha network themselves) installing and hijacking their computers!!!

aarrrggghhh....thats why I can't access things from my bro's computer...it doesn't matter how I try to explain things he just does not want those places(networks) accessed through his computer!!

ARE YOU LISTENING NETWORKS???
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by RugmanAM
    Once again, I Want to be very clear that I want our program clean and will do what it takes to keep it that way. If that means removing ill-intentioned partners from the program (such as in the case of something like this) I'd not hesitate to give them a swift boot in the A$$.
    Even if the PID is not in your program, they are resetting a valid return day cookie of your existing pool of affiliates. This affects your affiliates in a large way. I am sure they would really appreciate you working with CJ to get rid of this parasite. It is wiping out your 120 day cookie that your affiliates are setting.

This adds whole new dimension to your program. It is also killing SAS cookies and WM can't even get in to SAS. If I were one of your active affiliates I would have a large problem with this.

From the merchant side, it might actually save a few bucks, not to intend that Rugman would ever look at it this way.

I'm sure Rugman will do the right thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast