What does your mommy( or daddy) do?
    After school today at a friends house, my daughter, 6 and her friend, also 6 had a little conversation about what their parents do for a living. My daughter thinks I play video games for a living! Wow I have the coolest job ever!!

It's actually not that funny for me. It took three years before my family (including my wife) figured out that I was doing something other than playing games and surfing. I don't tell anyone that I am an affiliate anymore, it's just too complicated to explain.

My youngest recently figured out about my work when we were at the store and he asked where I got the money to pay for his video game - "You know that computer I sit at all the time?," I answered. The light bulb went on. My wife recently had her epiphany when I paid for her new tires with affiliate money.

Hmmm... Maybe I am at the stage where I can laugh about it - sitting here at home - where I work. So Lola, you're right.

Fred

According to my 8 year-old daughter, I'm a "computer guy".

My family knows what I do, just my youngest has it a bit off. BUT I do have quite a psp addiction lately, but I don't get paid for it

My 4 year old says my job is to "yell at the computer box" Thanks Bill Gates and Windows Operating System!!

I tell them I develop computer business models. If they walk away confused, I won.

I used to run a mortgage company. Everyone thought that meant call me with rate questions on Sunday night.

Now I have to admit my husband gets it. He's a geek. When I first started, he was explaining how I should do something and I told him to get his own &%$ site and show me how it ought to work. He did. His site is actually the most successful of our little group.

I thought this was cute, though. This summer, when my six year old grandson stayed for a week, I took him to a museum to see a dinosaur exhibit. He bought some little gem rocks in the gift shop and then wanted to look them up on the computer when we got home. In the middle of our research, he asked me with an air of conspiracy "My Mom says you make money on the computer. Could we make any money telling people about rocks and selling them some?"
    That's why he's my favorite. I just haven't found a merchant yet we could hook up with to make his idea come true.

jmoore61103,

Well you could always find a merchant who sells Diamonds. They are considered to be rocks by most people and I'll bet you abd your grandson will fetch a pretty penny. Sound like you have an entraprenuer on your hands.

great idea. My personal preference is sapphires, which could work as well, since they come in multi colors, too.

I think I do have an entreprenuer on my hands. I hope so. My youngest son was that way. He started more little businesses when he was small. Now he's my hosting company.

Quote Originally Posted by lola
    After school today at a friends house, my daughter, 6 and her friend, also 6 had a little conversation about what their parents do for a living. My daughter thinks I play video games for a living! Wow I have the coolest job ever!!
    This was exactly what my mother-in-law thought when I first met my wife... No kidding. Only she didn't think it's cool... And I wondered why?!?!

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by lola
    My daughter thinks I play video games for a living!
    I REALLY used to do that! LOL well, playing the games was a part of fixing them and that was my REAL j*b
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

Quote Originally Posted by TJ
    I REALLY used to do that! LOL well, playing the games was a part of fixing them and that was my REAL j*b
    Whew, TJ... You'd be surprised, but I actually never even tried (too much work to do, and too many rumors on how addictive they are).

Geno

LOL I can relate. I was having a horrible day and I took a break for a few minutes the other day to play a game. I let the kids play a round. My husband comes home and the kids tell him all about the game they palyed, describing it as "the game mom always plays". BTW lol my kids tell people I own several stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    You'd be surprised, but I actually never even tried
    I'm not surprised, but good for you Geno!

I find them good to relax and/or to blow off steam, but sometimes the frustration prolly outweighs the gains!
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

Thank you for your encouragement, TJ... I guess, it's because I had an Nintendo-addicted roommate when I was in college... No kidding.

Geno

A few months ago I was trying to explain to my brother and sister-in-law what Affiliate Marketing is and how I make money doing it. My Nephew (who is 9) was in the room. He must have heard me explaining to them about Adwords because at my cousin's birthday party he announced to a group of my relatives that I work for Google.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWebDiva
    ...at my cousin's birthday party he announced to a group of my relatives that I work for Google.
    Good one!

Geno

My son does play video games for a living. It pays well, if thats what they want to think, let them.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread