Need ideas for my Amazon.com Affiliate Website
    I used to get lost in front of billions of products in Amazon.com. So I retrived only most popular merchandise to construct a new web siet.

The new website(top10seller.com) only sells the topten seller items from several categories such as BOOK,DVD,VIDEOGAME,MAGAZINE,MUSIC,SOFTWARE,COMPUTER,CAMERA and CELLPHONE.

I like it and I can save my time to focus on the most popular products. However, most people think this site is just a rubbish and I get very very poor traffic.

Could anyone help me to promote this website and give me some opinion?

Thx a lot!!!!!
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; October 20th, 2005 at 09:53 PM.

Lightbulb
    Welcome to ABW

what you have is called a link farm. if a person happened upon your site and was in a shopping mood you might make a sale, but there is very little there to bring a new visitor in or keep him.

for a search engine to send someone, there must be content on the page for which the person is searching. If someone is searching for amazon.com titles chances are better that they will land on one of the other hundreds of thousands of pages that are similar to yours.

what makes your site different from any other site? what do you offer on your site that would bring the visitor back again?

You need to offer something unique that will make people want to visit your site, and come back. Right now, there's really no motivation to visit your site instead of going to Amazon. com.

Amazon is huge, and it can be difficult to find things there sometimes, but it's a recognized name and people like shopping there. You need to find something to make your site special, so when people think about buying something, they think of your site first.

Best of luck to you!

Andy

Cool
    Kingson:

You can learn a lot here by looking at the messages in the other threads. Some ask questions similar to yours. Between this forum and the Amazon.com forum you have a wealth of information available, but you must look at both new and old threads in both forums to gain insight.

In the past (and even now, probably) there has been a lot of discussion about which is best: to provide nothing but ads, or to provide a lot of content. You need to do things that bring the visitors back again, and you need to do things that bring them for the first time.

I can't remember if I saw code on your site that would track visitors, but you need to do this in order to be able to compare what your site did in the past with what it is doing "now."

A lot thx To Herb and Andy
    Please accept my great appreciation for your advise.

I will think about your suggestion seriously and put some unique elements in my website.

Herb, I have gotten an interesting phrase from you: "Link farm". I think this is what my site should be called.

Actually, I built this site to follow a successful "farm link" site which put hundreds of web URL together just like a site URL "navigator". Based on the same purpose, I put the purchase links of popular products together.

Obviously, only emitation is not enough!

I took a look at your site, and it's just not interesting, and has no value.. If people want the top selling items, they can just get them on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ref=pd_ts_ldr/
    At a minimum, you should have the prices listed. I looked a little on your site, but had no desire to click, because there just wasn't enough info. Maybe put ratings, or descriptions, or something else...
    But if you really want it to be a site of value that people will want to visit again and again, you need some original content.

another idea: study META tags and add for key words. it won't bring much more traffic, but some search engines will notice them.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread