what is this country coming too... Health wise
    hello all, I'm somewhat back still going though hell with health care in this country. anyone else or anyone know people who are having trouble with Medi-cal. Cuz it sure seems like it's getting harder to get medical care in this country. I was wondering if any abestweb members new of any quality insurance providers for self employment qualification. Yes I'm still doing affiliate marketing when I can, but this Artheritis and other lumbar (spine) problems is driving me insane and in pain. (and this country is making it hard to get quality treatment) I am still going though hell with social security and medi-cal. Why did Medi-cal send me a card to use if I'm not qualified yet. seems unacceptable and unorganized in there part. Confused me completely. anyway any suggestions would be helpful and I sure will be back when I am able to. can't sit down for 10 minutes without problems. hope to hear from the abestweb community soon.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Don't get me started on medical in this bleeding country. My mom just found out the other day (by her doctor that actually sees her pro-bono because she doesn't have a lot of money and she has no insurance) that she almost definitely has cancer - she has a large growth on her throat that is painful and getting bigger. He wants her to go to the hospital, but she can't afford it, and because she has $1500 a month of income, which is only a little higher than her rent in this god awful high rent state, she is not qualified for any aid. And she certainly doesn't have money to buy her own insurance. It's a sad commentary when a country cares so little about its population that you're basically left to die unless you're rich, pregnant, or a child. The rest can go to blue blazes as far as they're concerned. The insurance companies gouge you, and so does the government.

Good luck finding someone that doesn't.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Hey Jason,

Haven't heard from you in a while - sorry to hear things aren't so hot for you right now. Hopefully, they'll get better soon.

As for insurance, there are lots of places that sell individual health policies, and they'll all tell you how affordable they are. It's just that their definition of affordable usually doesn't match anyone else's. I'll let you know if I come across any, hopefully someone here at ABW might know of one.

This might make a good affiliate program - insurance coverage for webmasters at a discounted rate if they promote the program. Seems like a good idea for some insurance company that thinks out of the box...

Lisa, I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. I agree with you 100% about our government not doing the right thing for Americans. Our conservative, compassionate, Christian leaders will abandon Americans and leave them to die, while funneling billions into other countries - just so they can fill their pockets with cash via lucrative government contracts.

As long as we have pigs representing us, we'll have to live with the slop they dish out to the public

I'll say a prayer for your mother.

Andy

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Thank you very much Andy. I'm sorry for jumping your thread Jason, but the treatment of people like you and my mom...anyone that needs medical help...just really ticks me off. The other day I got off the phone with her and tried to find anything I could to help. Nothing. Bush cut NJ family care so it only covers kids (my mom used to have it but of course when he killed it, she was booted right in the middle of tests for breast cancer. We still don't know if it's malignant.) Medicaid only covers kids and pregnant women. She is a few years too young for Medicare, and her job keeps her barely afloat and does not provide benefits. My son may not get to know his Nana because our government does not believe in making healthcare available to all low income people because of long waits and diminishment of quality supposedly. I guarantee you, anyone with a death sentence over their head would gladly take ANY medical help than none at all.

Again, I'm sorry, but this is a real sensitive, personal issue for me right now and I am just on edge.

Jason, I hope you can find some way to continue your treatments. You deserve to feel better.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

well it's ok lstolze, it's based on the same subject, it's really pissing me off. anyway I just found out I might have some other problems (which is long term, not serious, but will keep me from keeping a job) which gives me a better chance on getting services. (Also getting a lawyer) for social security disability. Well looks like after I get medical care (for lumbar problems) anyway I'm still doing affiliate marketing till I start making $$$ as I did last year. and then I will have options. Anyway I think we need a better president for the united states that will focus on social security disability and medi-cal. and for those who need quality services for Diabetes, Autism, etc. I don't know I think this country is falling apart. Anyway I hope your mother lstolze gets better services, good luck with that.

This subject hits real close to home. My wife is resting out back as I type. She is recovering from her chemo for Lymphoma, and we are in the charity system here in Louisiana. We lost two of our hospitals to Katrina and things weren't that great before that.

We worked, paid taxes, and bought insurance for so many years. The blood sucking insurance companys started raising rates till they shook us off like a wet dog shaking off water.

We are blessed in that she has a form of care if you don't mind seeing students, interns, and first year residents instead of real doctors. It's the University system so she gets care and they get a lab rat.

I do have praise for all of the care givers in the system here, but not the politicians from Baton Rouge to D.C. As long as the Senators are fat and happy why should they worry about the folks back home until the meltdown comes. Health care to folks like us is the number one crises in America, but hey we need to go to Mars.

The insurance I have allows me to go to a ppo doctor of my choice and the rates are reduced. So I see that because I have insurance the doc only gets 2000.00 for an MRI that was charged at 6000.00. I find it outragous that the insurance company is allowed to pay less than someone with no insurance. Something is seriously wrong with this picture.

I find it outragous that the insurance company is allowed to pay less than someone with no insurance.
    I have found that you have to haggle, bargain, beg, and sometimes shop around when you are without insurance.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread