Proof That CJ Has Commission Tracking Issues
    I usually average several hundred dollars in commissions from LetsTalk.com per month. Since this CJ upgrade I'v not had a single cent reported from them. Now I know why. Below is an email I received from the LetsTalk affiliate manager.

-------------------------------------------
    Hello Valued Affiliate,
    Quick update. LetsTalk.com is currently reporting your orders correctly to CJ, however, there is a “glitch” on CJs end that is causing the orders to be applied incorrectly. I have several calls and emails in to CJ to fix the problem, but unfortunately the ball is now in their court. I will continue to apply pressure on them to correct the “glitch” as quickly as possible. In the mean time please rest assured that your orders are being tracked and don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Thanks for your understanding on this matter.
    Dave
    -------------------------------------------------

If CJ can have a commission reporting glitch with this affiliate its a safe bet that this is happening with other affiliates as well. I applaud LetsTalk.com for realizing that there was a problem and staying on CJ to resolve it but isn't it possible that this commission reporting "glitch" could be happening without the affiliate company even being aware of the problem? And if they are not aware of the problem then its a safe bet that we all are getting screwed out of our commissions because CJs automatic response to us (the publishers) when we raise the issue of a commission tracking problem is that "tracking is not affected." My commissions for my mortgage sites are down 60% since this CJ upgrade/downgrade even though my traffic and click thrus to these sites have increased steadily. It does not make statistical sense to have such a sudden huge decrease. But I am suppose to believe that it's just a coincidence that my downward spiral of commissions is occuring while CJ just happens to be overhauling their system... yeah right! I am convinced even though CJ will not admit it, that they are having commission tracking problems.

I think at some point or another every network has admitted that mistakes happen. It's how they and the merchant handle those mistakes and provide reimbursement to their affiliates at times like these that really shows their true character.

Please keep us updated as to how this gets resolved.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I think at some point or another every network has admitted that mistakes happen. It's how they and the merchant handle those mistakes and provide reimbursement to their affiliates at times like these that really shows their true character.

Please keep us updated as to how this gets resolved.
    Darn Mr. ABW bartender ... can I get you to write my eulogy? That piece brought tears to my eyes..
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I need to double check on specifics but it sounds more like an issue with their file format.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Oh, mike, you are too funny!

I write 'em like I see 'em.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    I need to double check on specifics but it sounds more like an issue with their file format.
    With all due respect Todd, why is it alway's somebody else's fault when there is a tracking problem and not CJ's? Considering the amount of ABW members who have been reporting drastic drops of up to 95% in sales since the upgrade/downgrade, don't you think it's time to rule out coincidence and admit that there may be a problem with some of CJ's servers? No system is perfect and, if there is a "glitch" with one merchant it's highly likely that there are glitches with others as well. I know you take a lot of flack from us here at ABW, a lot of times for something that you have no control over, but the line "tracking is not affected" is starting to get old now. Somebody at CJ needs to take a good hard look and try to figure out what might be wrong, because something sure is.

With all due respect, if CJ was having problems, why wouldn't it affect all CJ merchants (or at least all batch merchants)? It sounds like a merchant problem to me.

I'm all for holding the networks feet to the fire when they have problems, but this doesn't sound like a network problem to me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Agreed. It usually is the merchant.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I confirmed that the file sent was not formatted correctly and generated almost 100% errors. We are trying to contact the client to correct the issue on their end.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Weird.

Is there no way for an affiliate to run a simple test of the system by merchant without generating a sale? I mean how hard could that be?

I am referring to a standard procedure that the merchant and CJ would recognize in advance.

bumpaw - That wouldn't be an ACTUAL TEST..
    if merchant and CJ could recognize in advance then they could make it look any way they wanted to..

The purpose of a TEST is that no one knows for SURE that it is a test or who it is TESTING..

I have a Zen cart on one site and to check PayPal IPN we just make a small purchase and the ask for a refund. PayPal happily does not charge a commission and we know everything works.

I agree that it would have to be without notice, but it seems like if you had the cooperation of cj and merchant you could do a purchase from another IP and then get a refund and charge back. In the refund request reason: "Affiliate Test".

I know it's probably way to simplistic, but hey it's an idea.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm curious as to why it took that post from the affiliate for CJ to take action when it sounds like the merchant has been trying to get CJ's attention on the matter in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    With all due respect Todd, why is it alway's somebody else's fault when there is a tracking problem and not CJ's? Considering the amount of ABW members who have been reporting drastic drops of up to 95% in sales since the upgrade/downgrade, don't you think it's time to rule out coincidence and admit that there may be a problem with some of CJ's servers? No system is perfect and, if there is a "glitch" with one merchant it's highly likely that there are glitches with others as well. I know you take a lot of flack from us here at ABW, a lot of times for something that you have no control over, but the line "tracking is not affected" is starting to get old now. Somebody at CJ needs to take a good hard look and try to figure out what might be wrong, because something sure is.

CJ should read this... Because it is very well written!!!!
    Visit me over at... [URL=http://www.socialrankings.com]Social Rankings[/URL] or [URL=http://revenuerobot.blogspot.com]Revenue Robot[/URL]

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    But tracking wasn't effected. It's posting that was effected. The merchant knew there was sales, they just wasn't uploaded properly. The sale wasn't lost. A tracking problem is when no one knows what sales belong to while affiliate. This is a different problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AddHandler
    if merchant and CJ could recognize in advance then they could make it look any way they wanted to..

The purpose of a TEST is that no one knows for SURE that it is a test or who it is TESTING..
    THEY've been making it look THEIR way forever.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread