VOIDED Self-Referral Sale - vitasprings

What is a Self-Referral Sale?

Also from DealYard I have a number of

VOIDED Non qualified lead Sale

What are those?

Thanks

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    ghall,

For an exact reason on a reversal y ou will need to contact the merchant. In general, a self-referral is typically one where you made a purchase yourself using your own affiliate link.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Angry Nope
    Brian,

I have NEVER - EVER made a purchase from any of my merchants.

I didn't say that you did, that is just generally what that means... however, to get a specific response about the given reversal you will need to contact the merchant. I wish I could give you a specific reason here, but the merchants are responsible for their own reversals/explanations/etc... They may have a different interpretation of "Self Referral".
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

What's wrong with a Self-Referral sale?

If my affiliate wants to buy my product, he / she should get the commission. Weird.

Anyway, I agree with Brian - contact the merchant, ask for a definition.

Paul

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I'm all for Self-Referral sales, if I could make every partner into a customer too then I'm sure my clients would be doubly happy

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Amen to the self-referraly thing. I don't care who you have buy the product with your link. Hell, I'll pay you commission if your cat buys t-shirts through your link. As long as you don't charge it back or cancel it!

Who cares Who Buys the Product!
    I don't see anything wrong with an affiliate buying a product from their own personal affiliate link. I guess some affiliate managers are worried about people joining their programs just so they can get money back on theire purchases. If that affiliate only sends themselves as a customer, who cares! A sale is made!
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

my affiliates buy from me, and get the commish,, why not !.

it shows that they like your brand enough to buy it for themselves.
    what better advertising do you want.??
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS
    Absolutely nothing! In fact, this is how I found out about the affiliate marketing one day! And that's how (and why) I started putting up affiliate websites!

I'm all for 'em!

Gneo

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I agree, a sale is a sale! A merchant would have to be nuts to reverse a sale because it's a "self-referral!"
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Angry Here is their reply
    Because our computer had some cookie from your site, and whenever we place any orders by the phone, it gave you the credit, which shouldn't be. We already cleaned the cookies inside.

Thank you.

Angry P.s.
    They reversed about 8 sales for a total of approx $100.00

And in my SAS stats it shows my Affiliate link and a search for the exact product!

Go figure

Do your weblogs support clickthroughs at the time of sale? If so I'd fight their butt tooth and nail.

Merchants should be careful when clicking on affiliates sites. I had that happen to me where I clicked on an affiliate site because someone told me a banner wasn't working. Then when I was putting a test order in to check a code change the affiliate got credit. Turns out the affiliate is an employee, so he understood and could see the test orders.

Reversing is something that shouldn't be done without a *darn* good explanation, preferably in advance. I view affiliates as salespeople and you don't hose your salespeople if you expect them to sell your stuff.

Unhappy
    I lose a few bucks now - BUT they lose much more in the long run!

ghall,

This is a common occurrence ... merchants frequently visit their affiliate's websites, test links, etc... and often forget that they have done so when they return to place an order (remember it can be 5 - 10 - 30 days later) for a customer that calls on the phone or is in person, etc... When they use that same computer for the order it will look like an affiliate sale because of their clickstream which took them to your site for testing. Merchants should be more carefull to make sure that these things don't happen - but it would not stop me from promoting this merchant.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Brian,

I Don't see how they could have tested my affiliate link from my website (I Didn't have any) ALL the referrals were from GOOGLE.

ghall,

If your listing was on google, they probably clicked on it when researching search terms, etc...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

I too am having a lot of reversals with VitaSprings. 4 of my last 11 were marked VOIDED Cancelled Order Sale. That is 36%! Do 36% of their orders get cancelled? Should I be concerned about customer satisfaction when referring customers to them?

Angry VOIDED Self-Referral Sale ($926)
    Hi Gents,

In my case, I got VOIDED Self-Referral Sale with one merchant accumulated up to $926. I sent e-mail to ask them then they decline my application. At this moment, I am keep contacting with them for full responsibility with my lost causing by misleading and delayed report. Generally, I will put more aggressive bids to my PPC for the merchants who yield high return on commission. It is a rule of investment. I always put more investment for good return ones. Please see the merchant give me explanation as below.

"The reason for this void is the orders were placed in house by an employee
    who bookmarked your page on her computer. The web address (ip address) all
    came from our company where the orders were placed. I am sorry for the
    confusion, but you were not due these commissions as they were not your
    leads."

Sincerly Yours,
    Khom

Outsourced Program Manager
    I agree, why shouldn't an affiliate get credit for making his own purchases thru his afiiliate link.

I found out the hard way when making a large purchase thru Amazon that not all merchants do. Only reason i did thru them is with the commissions the price would have been less then elsewhere.

ONLY afterwards did i find the do not allow it and do not pay on self purchases.

I think this should be made clear in all Merchants T&C and or the FAQ pages.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Although still a relevant topic, I'll point out this thread is 3 years old. Just an FYI.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Is HRM USA cheating?
    Brian,

I am really need your help with my voided transaction accumulated up to $926.
    I keep contacting this merchant for some responsibility with their misleading report and responsible for my bidding cost. But, they did not take any responsibility for their fault. Please see their response as below.
    Athinkhom.
    We are currently researching your claims for advertising costs. Based on the search terms that generated sales, the CPC's does not justify your claims for costs incurred. Again, these orders were not processed through your CPC's but a cookie attached to our in house computer from your link.
    Sincerely,

Craig Trinkley

I wondered that why they wait till the commission accumulated till $926 then they just voided several transaction at the same time. Generally, I will put more investment or higher bidding for a good return merchants. I don't think it fair to affiliate marketers to let this thing happen without any responsibility.

Your kind help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Khom

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread