Todd - Vermont Country Store?
    Todd;
    Can you please check into the Vermont Country Store Affiliate set up at CJ? See this thread http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=61497

They notified all their former affiliates of their switch from BF to CJ and asked them to re-apply through CJ. Now many of their former long-time affiliates who did apply have received an automatic rejection email from CJ client services, and it appears that they are being rejected based on some pre-set parameters or that their application program may not be set up correctly.

After several weeks, their AM still does not respond to emails sent through the CJ interface or direct emails requesting a reason or requesting reconsideration.

Also, many of us would like to know where we stand as far as receiving commission payments that were accumulated at BF but were below the threshold. Will we be paid for those?

Thanks in advance for checking into the matter.
    Ken

I called Vermont Country Store at the phone number on their website. The name of the guy in charge of the Affiliate program is Jason.

I spoke to him. I very politely explained that I had applied four days before, and had not been approved. Yet somebody at this forum posted that they had never been in the program at BF and got approved the next day.

He said they were approving all previous affiliates but the Manager over at CJ was a bit behind on going through the applications.

He was very nice, and approved me on the spot while we were on the telephone. You might try calling him directly and working it out.

I called Vermont Country Store at the phone number on their website. The name of the guy in charge of the Affiliate program is Jason.

I spoke to him. I very politely explained that I had applied four days before, and had not been approved. Yet somebody at this forum posted that they had never been in the program at BF and got approved the next day.

He said they were approving all previous affiliates but the Manager over at CJ was a bit behind on going through the applications.

He was very nice, and approved me on the spot while we were on the telephone. You might try calling him directly and working it out.
    uh huh.

does he understand that the "Manager over at CJ" has already done a dirty?

I don't know. I didn't read all the posts about others being rejecting in the other Vermont Country Store Thread until last night, after I had already posted here.

I called Jason earlier in the month after I had been sitting in Pending Approval for several days. I guess I just lucked out with good timing before I too was rejected.

Perhaps, if all those who are members of the program at BF that were Rejected by the CJ Manager, called Jason he might get a clue about what is going on. Looks like the CJ Manager on this account is dropping the ball big time.

The point I was trying to make is that the system is flawed and someone at CJ should check it out and correct it. There appears to be a big miscommunication between Jason at VCS and CJ client services in the way their account is set up.
    Ken

meanwhile, I've had a response re my question to VCS via internal CJ mail. It was too narrow; I've asked again if we who haven't earned enough there for a check are still going to get one, and also as to why some of us were denied entry to the new program since it is apparent that VCS was going to admit their previous affiliates.

I don't know if this is any indication, but to date, every other merchant that has left BF for another program has sent me a check for the balance owed, even though it was below the minimum threshold. One check was for $2.88. If history is an indication, I suspect you can expect to get paid for the balance.

On the other hand, I had one order last month, and two orders so far this month for VCS. None of the three have been credited to my account as ever having been shipped. If they were to ship those three orders, it would be put me over the minimum making the point moot. I'm a little suspicious as to why they have not been posted to my BF account as having been shipped.

Talking
    when I saw larger orders posted but not shipped I automatically figured the order came from Nigeria or similar.

postscript: got another we're moving/invitation email today. Followed it up and got almost immediate approval.

still lousy graphics, no product or category links, etc.

They'd better get busy; those simple graphics are not going to suit all of us.

I've been working on converting all day. You don't need a product catalog. Just use the Advanced Options feature, and change the Destination URL to which have product landing page, or section landing page you want.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    I've been working on converting all day. You don't need a product catalog. Just use the Advanced Options feature, and change the Destination URL to which have product landing page, or section landing page you want.
    OK. I plead dumb . . . where is that feature hidden? In CJ? I see an "advanced search" at the VCS site but I don't see how to make a basic link to put it in.

It's at CJ. Go to Get Links for VCS and view links. I use the one for the basic Vermont Country Store text link (#10401304). It's 5th on the list on my screen. Click on GET HTML.

Just below "Hide tracking code in link?" is a Link "Show Advanced Options." Click on it.

You can enter an SID to track the link in the first box. Go to the Vermont Country Store website and find the page you want to link to (section or individual product). Copy the URL, and paste it into the Destination URL Box (replacing the http://www.vermontcountrystore.com that is already there).

Press the UPDATE HTML button. There's your link.
    It will say "Vermont Country Store", but you can change that to whatever you want. You can also replace the text with an image url directly from the VCS site for the product or section.

Repeat as needed. You don't have to open a new Get HTML each time. Just keep changing the Destination URL, SID, and press Update HTML each time.

Cool
    I'll do that, and thank you for the info.

Because this is verybusytimeoftheyear I had hoped they brought over some of the creatives they had before. I could have repaired my pages and gone on. Oh, well . . .

15 years and counting
    I don't know if it's working now but a few hours ago, their site was a whole mess. 404 pages, server timing out, no product links, redirects...
    Do they really expect us to promote them, again?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I don't know if it's working now but a few hours ago, their site was a whole mess. 404 pages, server timing out, no product links, redirects...
    Do they really expect us to promote them, again?
    but they've got "stuff." and people look for that kind of stuff so I feel it rounds out a sales-type site.

I do hope they get their act(s) together.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    but they've got "stuff." and people look for that kind of stuff so I feel it rounds out a sales-type site.
    I do hope they get their act(s) together.
    I agree with you, I saw Rhea post about direct links and wanted to add a few products to my Holiday Shops. Could not do it. Too bad for them. In a few days, it will be too late.
    Also, CJ about this kind of merchant, with no datafeed, can you tag, the SPECIAL link where we can change the redirect. ( Do I have to wait for Rhea to tell me it's the fith down the hill) I'm fed up to have to try ALL the links TO SEE which one is working. My time is valuable.

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    can you tag, the SPECIAL link where we can change the redirect.
    Does the one mentioned in Tracy's post (#12) match your need?

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    Does the one mentioned in Tracy's post (#12) match your need?
    It's the special link I was looking for. I've not seen that link the first day I wanted to add Vermont Country Store products. I tried several others links and the "Show Advanced Options" was only for adding SID.
    I know about that feature and I use it quite often.
    Once you're in the Vermont Country Store Detail Get Links
    You have, Link, Name, Link ID, EPC, Sale, Lead, Click, Status, Actions
    But, you have to click on "Show Advanced Options" to see the "Destination URL" It should be more obvious on the first screen.

I'm checking again right now, and all the links, at least the first 5, have all the "Destination URL" . I'm pretty sure it was not there last week.

I think they had all the products listed when they first put the site on CJ. I remember seeing it, but getting frustrated because I couldn't find the products I was looking for. Something was wrong with the search option. Always came back with no product found. But you couldn't just list the products because it said there were more than 1000. Then they removed the product catalog. They must have put the Destination URL option up when they deleted the product catalog.

15 years and counting
    Thanks, Tracy. It's not just me. They are still moving things around. I was wondering if I was still sane.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread