Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Giving up AM?
    I'm seriously considering it. I went from almost 2K clicks from Google last year at this time to a little over 100 this year. Sales are down, my patience is down, and I am really too overwhelmed with personal stuff to figure out what I need to do to make it better. I read about affiliates being 4- and 5-star cj partners, hiring freelance writers and webdesigners, and just feel like I can never compete with that. **sigh**
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Talking
    You need a cup of Earl Grey and a good book. Sounds like Winter Blahs start early in your neighborhood.

Google effectively dumped me two years ago. Welcome to the Club.

Don't! What would AM (or at least we here at ABW) be without you, Lisa?! I am serious...

We at RL are also noticing a considerable downfall of Google clicks and sales this year (comparing to this time of the year of 2004). But we will NOT give up! Do not give up either!!

Geno

Do you mean 100 clicks a day?

No....for the month.

Talking
    I know how you feel. I feel the same way.

But - I've decided to just keep on doing what I've been doing and just keep on building pages and putting them on the internet.

Who knows - The search engines may change again and all of a sudden they will like your pages again and your sales will go through the roof.

Just think - if you have pages on the internet there is always a chance that things will change again and you will be the winner this time and make a lot of money.

If you don't have pages you know that you will never make money.

Example - I've had a feed out for a pharmacy - not dope, etc - for two years now. Never had a single sale.

In July someone found those pages and they have gererated around $100.00 in commissions for me every month since then. The same customer keeps going back and buying every month.

I know that $100.00 is not a lot but if enough pages are found from enough merchants it all adds up. This is from one merchant alone.

Do you only have the one site that is in your signature?

Try building a mall with many merchant feeds and products.

If your customers can find anything that they want on your site they will keep coming back to it. Why go anywhere else if they can find what they want with you.

Google quit likeing me too but MSN decided that they liked the same pages a lot. Most of the products that I have come up in the first 1, 2, or 3 in a search results for the product on MSN. Before that I couldn't even find any of my pages on MSN.

Sales are not as much as when G liked me but I still have sales.

I don't think it is all about G either.

I think the high gas prices and high everything else has make people have less money to spend on other things and they are hanging on to their money until they see what will happen with gas prices and etc.

I have always been a person that feels that if someone else can do something and make a lot of money doing it - I can too. You just have to figure out what they are doing and how they are doing it - and then do it yourself.

I know that I'll probably get some smart remarks about that but isn't that what we're all doing.

We would all like to be G, MSN, Amazon, etc. - wouldn't we?

Take an idea and run with it. You're just as smart as every one else making money at this.

Once you put in as much time and hair pulling as they did you will have it all figured out and be making money like they do.

But don't ever give up. Let your dreams come true.

Richard

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Thanks guys. I have three 'working' sites right now, and one dead feed site that I thought was such a great idea. I think in the past eight months it generated two sales. I just feel completely lost. I try to keep up with all the AM stuff going on, but depression and a toddler are getting the better of me. It's just really hard to retain anything of worth these days...

I can't tell you if you should give up or keep fighting but maybe take some time away for a while and think about. You may be surprised what you can come up with if you just step aside for a while.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Internet Cowboy
    I've seen it written here many, many times and it is sooo true.
    You just can't depend on free web traffic to make it in this business. Sometimes you will get an abundance of free traffic and other times you will get none.

Find ways to drive people to your sites. Using PPC advertising is the easiest way, but not always the best. Other ways include local promotion, event sponsorships, cheap print ads, trade rags and other publications that target people who are likely to buy your products, web sites that might target these same people and the list goes on and on and on.

Lisa, think of how you shop. Think of what you read and how your buying decisions are made. Get inside your own head and then target people that think like you. Nobody knows your own habits better than you and, unless you are truly weird (which you don't seem to be), there are millions of people out there who think like you do. Those people will be the easiest to find.

Make sure you have plenty of pages with good, useful content and no affiliate links on them. These pages will get more SE traffic most of the time. Do whatever you can think of to add value to your site. Tell me why I should even visit your site, much less make a purchase from it.

Four or five bars on CJ is only a start. The potential is limitless in this biz. Speaking of CJ, branch out in to other networks. There are some quality programs on SAS. There are a lot of losers on SAS too, so pay close attention to their 30 day EPC and their offline history. Offline history is a very important tool that Brian has instituted to help publishers determine which merchants are serious and which are not.

Finally, don't worry about large, elaborate displays on your web sites. Get the shopper focused on a product, brand or whatever and hand them over to the merchant. No matter how awesome your web site looks, nothing happens until you hand them off to the merchant. This is a simple strategy many affiliates miss by priding themselves on their intricate, elaborate and often too complicated web sites.

These are just a few things I try to stay focused on. It is easy to get distracted with all of the tools, ideas, forums, promotions etc. you see from day to day in this business. Stick with the basics!

Now...get to work!

Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    No....for the month.
    OMG
    Thats no traffic

I would die if I got that kind of traffic a day :'(

Don't worry you will do better, don't quit. Like Martha Jail Bird Stewart Said. Quiting is for losers.

Talking
    Lisa - We almost have the same birthday. I noticed yours is Dec 27 and mine is Dec 28 - only I'm old enough to be your dad.

I guess you had the same problem that I did.

Here's your present. This is for your birthday and christmas.

Doesn't seem fair does it. Everyone else in the family got two presents.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Consider the publishing/contextual ad route. This is now more than 65% of my income - it's very steady income too. You create information sites related to topics of your interest and keep adding more content. Unlike aff sales sites, you don't get burned on dupe content filters (unless someone copies you - that's sometimes a problem), and your income continues to grow as you put more work into it and build more pages and sites. I got tired of spinning my wheels just to stay even, only to watch business leave in big chunks with new SE updates. I still do some sales, I just don't invest too much time on new sales sites - also my new sales pages have enough shopper value so that PPC pays off.

Things certainly are tougher than they were a year or two ago!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Lisa - We almost have the same birthday. I noticed yours is Dec 27 and mine is Dec 28...

I think BurgerBoy if flirting with you, Lisa...

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    >No matter how awesome your web site looks, nothing happens until you hand them off to the merchant.

YA, UGLY SITES SELL STUFF

I have an affiliate with 600 VERY ugly sites.
    He spends his days as a day trader "investing" all the money he makes.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Lisa,

I know you are in a few of my programs. Do not give up !!

I am inviting you to call me whenever you find time, try and set aside 1/2 - 1 hour if you can. I will tell you what you can do with our merchants that will make you sales. You can apply that to other merchants as well.

Also, you have a seat reserved at my next AMC Seminar that will be announced very soon.

Do not give up, there is a ton of money to be made in this buss, the tough part is knowing what to do and staying focused....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    I think BurgerBoy if flirting with you, Lisa...

Geno
    Naw - I've already got my one and only.

Just trying to cheer her up and get her out of her depression.

You know - get her to talk or think about something else.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Lisa,

I'm updating my "Executive Gifts" section the last 3 days...

specifically, I just added a category called "Motivational Prints" from successories dot com

You know... those prints that say "Teamwork", etc

1. Go to their website and scope out some prints... you may find the one that inspires you... and if that doesn't work...

2. from yesterday... (CJ)

Successories.com $790.98 $39.55 $0.00 new Sale Sale [mywebsite] 2831451 20-Oct-2005 13:12 PDT

Someone needed 800 bucks worth of inspiration

3. Always follow your heart

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Naw - I've already got my one and only.

Just trying to cheer her up and get her out of her depression...
    That's exactly what I'm talking about, BurgerBoy! Flirting is a great way to get one out of depression!

Geno

Giving up AM?

I'm seriously considering it
    DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT GIRL !!!

You know we all, and i mean all, have our bad phases.
    even us merchants.
    when i first started i thought bo77oks ! this bloody thing is never going to get going, why is it not making fortunes everyone else is ???
    then slowly, slowly it started to move, each month got better and better.
    then sales dropped for 2 weeks and i started again,, oh no !.. its all gone < over > .. but they picked up, and better still improved.
    we all have our bad times, but giving up is not the answer !!
    as others have said in this thread, maybe you need to stand back and take another look at the picture.
    we all sometimes get tunnel vision when we need to be looking further out..
    why dont you look at some low cost PPC ads ??.
    look at buying some cheap targeted traffic [but be carefull].

Lisa.
    I know it can be hard, but i think you of all people have what it takes to make a super affiliate.
    you have read it here many times before.
    no one gives it to you on a plate.
    keep working, keep plugging away, keep your chin-up girl.
    and it will reward you.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    from yesterday... (CJ)

Successories.com $790.98 $39.55 $0.00 new Sale Sale [mywebsite] 2831451 20-Oct-2005 13:12 PDT

Hmmmmm.... Lisa, we need to look into selling these things too! I can get my artists to paint inspirational balalaikas and chime dolls; and you could sell 'em!! What do you say?

Geno

Ooooh...... You must feel loved now!!!!!!!!! 20 replies to your post in less than 2 hours, and look how MANY of ABW-ers are reading this thread now!!

All of this supports what I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Geno - RussianLegacy
    Don't! What would AM (or at least we here at ABW) be without you, Lisa?! I am serious...
    Cheer up!

Geno

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Lisa,

I'm updating my "Executive Gifts" section the last 3 days...

specifically, I just added a category called "Motivational Prints" from successories dot com

You know... those prints that say "Teamwork", etc

1. Go to their website and scope out some prints... you may find the one that inspires you... and if that doesn't work...

2. from yesterday... (CJ)

3. Always follow your heart

I see your birthday is Dec 31. Were we all born in December?

And no Geno - I'm not flirting with Billy Kay

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    PMmed you with an offer, when you get a moment, let me know what you think.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Lisa you can't give up! Take Andy up on the phone call.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Internet Cowboy
    Beware of offers from a man wearing a mask

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast