I have negative energy says a merchant
    I just have to share this. We received the following email yesterday -

Hi [removed],
    Good afternoon and hope all is well.
    I manage the affiliate program for an online jewelry... [blah, blah, blah]

I'd love to work with you this Holiday Season.
    How do we proceed?
    My answer -
    We don't proceed. We do not work with merchants that allow affiliates with downloadable software into their program. ie: eBates, SchoolPop, iGive, ShopAtHomeSelect, etc. You're infested with all of these and probably many more so we wouldn't even begin to consider Ice.com a viable option to partner with.
    Their one-line response to me --
    Happy Friday. I am sensing negative energy...
    I thought I was being straight forward with them in my response as to why we won't consider them. And I gave nothing in my response but facts.

I suppose their way of thinking is that I'm not supposed to feel negative toward parasites just because they pop-up when my visitor gets to the merchant site and overwrites my cookie and I get nothing? Or because they overwrite my cookie when someone goes straight to the merchant and I get nothing? Or when they pop-up on my own site trying to get my visitors? Or when they automatically redirect my visitor between my site and the merchant?

<Sigh>... Wasn't on my To-Do list but guess I need to go work on my negativity today.

ABW Ambassador

15 years and counting
    More affiliates need to copy and paste your answer to this kind of merchant, Linda.

That's usually the way my response goes as well. It's rare that a merchant responds, but when they do those responses can be interesting. If they started getting a 90% rejection rate to offers, all responding with negatives about parasites, I'll bet they'd start to rethink their strategy.

At least, if they're smart. Merchants don't understand that their affiliation with parasites is going to backfire on them someday. It won't be pretty.

Andy

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I met their AM up in NY. He gave me the story about how they were working at cleaning up the program over there. How they had taken the management over from EcomWorks when they found out all these stuff was going on in their program that they weren't aware of. Oh the shock of it all!

I was believing it then and I'm believing it now. They must be part of that 54% of AMs who feel that some 'adware' is clean. That would about fit the bill.

LOL!! A hidden Pagan. The phrasing is a dead give away. There sure are more of us than they think there are.

I think we should all send negative energy to any merchant who accepts parasites.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    You're infested with all of these and probably many more so we wouldn't even begin to consider Ice.com a viable option to partner with.
    I thought I was being straight forward with them in my response as to why we won't consider them. And I gave nothing in my response but facts.
    Words like "infested with" are just a bit negative (/understatement)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I am sensing negative energy...
    sounds like they smoked to much weed ..
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

They must certainly be sensing negative impact of working with the sleazeballs if they are suddenly feeling the need to muster up some more affiliates from an LS member base that is already exposed to their offers.

Good job Linda.. More affiliates need to be straightforward with merchants. Good for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    LOL!! A hidden Pagan. The phrasing is a dead give away. There sure are more of us than they think there are.
    Somehow, I doubt that. Every time I've seen Shmuly, he has been wearing a yarmulke, which isn't your typical Pagan headware.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Too funny. So if you don't want to have your money stolen then you have "negative energy"? LOL Maybe she's getting tired of hearing all that "negative energy" all the time...
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread