The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Another SynergyAnalytics Complaint
    When I log in to SA, all my graphs seem to compare something called "YAGO Est Commish" with "Est Partner Commish"

No idea what YAGO is, so I go to HELP to find out:

Q: Where can I find the definitions for the various metrics used throughout the SynergyAnalytics ™ applications?

A: The definitions can be found in the glossary section of the help application.
    So I click on Glossary -"Y":

X

XML

Extensible Markup Language; a subset of SGML defined by W3C.

Y

Z
    There are no terms that begin with "Y"

So I go to the User manual

Each and every link on the user manual leads to

[img]pagerror.gif[/img] The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following:

HTTP 404 - File not found
    Internet Explorer

15 years and counting
    I saw the definition of YAGO on ABW. I don't remember it. Y was for year, but anyway, I try to go as fast as I can, before the wheels have the time to stop, to my two important and only worth my time reports.
    Network Transaction Analysis
    1- Affiliate Payment Summary
    and 2- Merchant Payment History
    Everything else is just bs... after that, I'm gone.

I'm thinking it means Year AGO.

Yeah, their help feature really lacks big time.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Billy,
    YAGO does mean "year ago" so it's comparing something to same period prior year. We haven't built out the glossary and help resources because it's in beta and we know that it's going to change significantly as part of our redesign efforts. The redesign and affiliate feedback process is underway.

As we redesign aspects of the SA interface and push it into production, the help content will be updated.

Kelli

Isn't Yago the annoying parrot in Disney's version of Alladin? Who knew he was doing AM?! Next thing you know, someone will be telling me that Gilbert Gottfried does the voice of the AFLAC Duck.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Exclamation
    even in Beta, this application would have been much more understood if the titles were in plain English, not some shorthand invented by the original writer. We don't all do managementspeak, folks . . .

And managementspeak is what LinkShare does best. Anyone who can put together two buzzwords and come up with SynergyAnalytics just doesn't get the "affiliate mindset".
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I really can't find the synergy sticky - it's gone - so I'll ask here:

The bar graphs that say how much I sold re Consumer Value-Add Analysis...

The 1st half of year are mostly green bars (High Value-Add sales)

Then around June they changed to mostly blue bars (Low Value-Add sales)

What is that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    ...We haven't built out the glossary and help resources because it's in beta and we know that it's going to change significantly as part of our redesign efforts. The redesign and affiliate feedback process is underway... Kelli
    Kelli,

It's been nearly 11 months now in beta. Very little has been done in the way of improvements or changes in months. Just how much longer will we have to deal with this slow, unfinished beta product?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I really can't find the synergy sticky - it's gone - so I'll ask here:

The bar graphs that say how much I sold re Consumer Value-Add Analysis...

The 1st half of year are mostly green bars (High Value-Add sales)

Then around June they changed to mostly blue bars (Low Value-Add sales)

What is that all about?
    apparently they have some method of determining which sales either make more money or cost less to produce.

ABW Ambassador
    I think the SynergyAnalytics already did the job it was meant to do, help LS get bought.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I think the SynergyAnalytics already did the job it was meant to do, help LS get bought.
    Yes, I agree. And that was just about the time Mr. Messer stopped being so helpful here. We had seen only a few real posts from him in about 8 months, and then he was here almost every day pretending he cared, and then just disappeared with unfulfilled promises and products.

The new owners have been in charge now for over a month. I was really hoping to see some kind of statement from them which would give us all some encouragement and hope that LS was indeed moving forward, but they seem to be some kind of silent owner. This is certainly not what I had hoped for or expected when I heard a Japanese company had bought LS.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Billy,
    Low value add means the customer has not transacted through your site in the past (at least not through a LinkShare link) so they are a new customer for LS merchants. High value add means it's a repeat customer and has transacted through your site in the past via a LS link. The merchants have a similar graph in their version of SA. Part of the objective behind this is to educate merchants on the value that affiliates provide by driving repeat customers. Meaning, there is a value you provide to your end consumer that causes them to come back and purchase through your site again.

Kelli

Good thing I asked!

I REALLY thought it had something to do with if my visitors were using coupons (low-value) or not (hi-value)

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Low value add means the customer has not transacted through your site in the past (at least not through a LinkShare link) so they are a new customer for LS merchants. High value add means it's a repeat customer and has transacted through your site in the past via a LS link. The merchants have a similar graph in their version of SA. Part of the objective behind this is to educate merchants on the value that affiliates provide by driving repeat customers. Meaning, there is a value you provide to your end consumer that causes them to come back and purchase through your site again.
    Most merchants I talk to are looking for just the opposite. They want new customers, and consider them to be more valuable than returning customers.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Exclamation
    at any rate, this and other discussions point out the need for a truly useful glossary of terms.

no managementspeak!

This Blue/Green bar thing may explain something else for me - I have never really expected many 'repeat visitors' to my pages - my plan has been to help them on to the vendor's site and (maybe get some within 60 day... cookie return business if I miss the immediate sale) - this looks like a start at showing me which path is working - now if it had numbers...

Charles

Totally useless interface as far as I can see . . .

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by micheck
    This Blue/Green bar thing may explain something else for me - I have never really expected many 'repeat visitors' to my pages - my plan has been to help them on to the vendor's site and (maybe get some within 60 day... cookie return business if I miss the immediate sale) - this looks like a start at showing me which path is working - now if it had numbers...

Charles
    Google Analytics may help

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread