Question I have regarding making my site
    My question is this, is it illegal to build an entire website based on being an affiliate?...Let me explain, I want to sell Online game money, I am already an affiliate for a large in game money company who pays me 10% commision. So if I put up a site with the same merchandise as the parent webpage and put the orders through my affiliate link is that unlawfull?...Sorry its hard to explain but hopefully someone can help.

I think you need a subsite id if you have another domain. I don't think it goes through the whole verification thing, you just create it somehow on the cj site.

I have a website dedicated to ebay. I don't think the merchant minds it if you can drive traffic.

Jman : A lot of affiliates do that. Complete the whole order on your site including payment etc, then make the exact order through your affiliate link and get 10% commission, whilst the customer gets the goods.
    Good think is you're tracking will always be perfect.
    Bad thing is that if you're establishing your site to appear as a 'merchant' and the goods sent have the real merchant's logo/brand/etc on them.... it doesn't help with branding. But i've seen a lot of affiliates doing this. Successfully.

I think what you are talking about is called white boxing. Do you want to take the orders on your site and then place the orders back on the merchants site? If that is what you mean, then talk to your merchant. Some actually have programs set up where you can hook into their backend but look like you are a separate site taking its your own orders.

Jman : A lot of affiliates do that. Complete the whole order on your site including payment etc, then make the exact order through your affiliate link and get 10% commission, whilst the customer gets the goods.
    Good think is you're tracking will always be perfect.
    Bad thing is that if you're establishing your site to appear as a 'merchant' and the goods sent have the real merchant's logo/brand/etc on them.... it doesn't help with branding. But i've seen a lot of affiliates doing this. Successfully.
    If your representing yourself as the merchant and you do not have a dropship agreement with them (only an affiliate agreement) that is fraud I believe.

White labeling and dropshipping is a whole other can of worms.

I don't think---(maybe I'm wrong)--you are allowed to place an order using SOMEONE ELSES credit card information...that IS a crime.

Someone please tell if I'm incorrect.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Somewhat off topic, and I don't want to hijack your thread, but isn't selling online game `gold` disallowed in many games? General reasoning being that it may take you 20 hours `work` to earn what you could buy from a `gamegold` site for 10 bucks. Aside from the wrecking of the in-game economy, I know for a fact its in breach of the World of Warcraft TOS. I don't want to get all high and mighty here, but I just wonder how these companies get around this kind of stuff

As for your question, I think you should elabore more. Copying their website wholesale is a bit shaky, they might not like that. Throwing up a website full of affiliate links is absolutely fine, although google won't like you. If it were illegal I expect all of us at ABW would be in jail

ABW Ambassador
    >White labeling and dropshipping is a whole other can of worms.

At BDS, and many other merchants that I know of, what you are suggesting is NOT permitted.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread