Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Key Words & ranking ?
    Ok, so I look up to see how my sites rank for key words that I believe that I have optomized for. They suck. However I do have ok traffic and the traffic is buying.

The type of hosting that I have currently for my "favorite" site doesn't have the options of scripts nor does it do any tracking (yes, I am planning on moving my site soon).

Here is my question...is there any way I can find out what key words are bringing my traffic to my sites since maybe I'd be better off gearing it towards those key words?

Take out a free one-month trial with www.opentracker.com. In my opinion this is one of the best tracking programs out there. All you have to do is paste their code into the HTML of all your pages - then you will be able to see which keywords are bringing you traffic, as well as loads of other information. There are other good tracking programs but I like this one best, as you can even see which affiliate link a visitor has clicked on to access a merchant's site. If you are happy with it, it only costs something like $99 a year. You can pay monthly as well. Try it out - you have nothing to lose.

Grumpy: I think that's www.opentracker.net ... the .com just goes to a different, unrelated site

Quote Originally Posted by Rogi
    Grumpy: I think that's www.opentracker.net ... the .com just goes to a different, unrelated site
    You're absolutely right Rogi - my mistake. Guess I had .com on the brain . Sorry for the typo.

I looked for a tracking program when my host was experienceing a glitch and wiped out all of my stats. The best I found that was free is NetTrackerLite. (There is also an upgrade version that cost $)

With NettrackerLite, I can see keywords used, where the visitor was referred from, how many visitors a day, what bots have visited... all kinds of info that I look at that just wastes my time away You can even filter out IP addresses, like the Adsense bot, so it's visits aren't counted.

I have the program stored on my local machine (localhost) and downloaded the stats once a day. (If I remember correctly, it can be stored on the host and a cron job set up to record the stats automatically.)

http://www.nettrackerlite.com

Suzie
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

I use awstats and Urchin. awstats should be available with most web hosts as I believe it's free. It's actually a very nice stat program and offers most everything you need. It's definitely a step up from Webalizer. Urchin is very nice, but it costs quite a bit of money if your host doesn't include it. I'm lucky to have it available on my server and love the way you can break down your stats by the day, week, month, etc. It's very adjustable and lets you focus on any little aspect of your site statistics. I use www.servermatrix.com for my servers and I believe you can still get Urchin for free with their dedicated servers. The service and resources are definitely worth the price.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Just visited www.opentracker.net and it is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by westgroup
    Just visited www.opentracker.net and it is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks!
    You're welcome . Just make sure that you place the code on all your pages. That way you can track your visitors on each entry page as well as tracking your affiliate links (which to me is the most important feature, as I know to the exact click which product the visitor has viewed). I might also add that their support team is excellent - ask a question, and you get a reply almost immediately. I've been using them now for 3 years and am very satisfied.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread