Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone ever had a really huge sale accepted? :rolleyes:

ABW Ambassador
    My single biggest sale so far was about this time last year, for just over $1100 from ScooterCraze. I was promoting them by means of freebie pages in Go.com and PPC listings; I did not yet have a functioning site of my own. The commission was 10%, paid without glitches in my next check.

Elisabeth Archambault

i got a big big sale but its not accepted yet

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    You gotta be kidding !!!
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

probably a stolen card..

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

about $1,500 ony 5% commission $75 for me. woooh whoooo!

15k :eek: that will add up at any decent %

ABW Ambassador
    I had a $1200 sale from music123.com in October. But it was extended. Update to come.

PS... They seem to extend all transactions ... let alone there 38% reversal rate and low conversion rate (under 1%) for me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Dave

Why did you delete the amount Spiderman? Oh come one, you know what I'm talking about, the $11.000!!!!

Are you scared that the IRS is watching you?

BUUUUU!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Spiderman, how much was it? $11,000? Wow if thats what it was. How does the merchants stats look. Whats your commission? Jeeez, I hope it goes through for you.

Dave

I got those guys about 1900 hits of search engine traffic and lost my biggest commission of $23 and went on to make another 5 sales which totaled a little over $23...Lost $ on them

Rob

Made a $2800 sale with EuroVacations.com which came to a commision of $140 I also had a ~$3000 sale with the backcountrystore but they pay $10 per sale [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

merchants chargeback is about 25% and sale is still 'new' not 'accepted'.. dont mention the IRS :eek:
    I think maybe the transaction is a mistake, like the decimal point in the wrong place.. like should be 110 instead of 11000

[ 11-15-2001: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Dave--

"I had a $1200 sale from music123.com in October. But it was extended. Update to come.~dhelle"

They're on the deadbeat list now (extended due to non-payment)...

Needless to say, ALL my transactions from them are extended! Fortunately, they do seem to eventually pony up for most of the transactions, though (the reversal rate's a bit high).

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah .. I didnt see them on the list this morning but they sent me an email saying it was CJ's fault.

I called CJ .. they said nope ... They didnt deposit monies into their account in time for the cut off.

It sucks that they try to pass the buck (or not) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] to CJ ... blaming them ...

Us Publishurs aint as stupud as thay thinks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dave

the 11000 order has now been reversed.. stolen credit card.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    my biggest accepted order is 5,750 with 3% commission.. earlier this month [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Spider, Sorry to hear. That sucks.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, it does, spiderman!

Yep, it suck when you get your hopes up and then you get smacked by reality. :rolleyes:

It is a rule (with me) that ALL my extended sales get reversed. How about you people?

Hello,

I saw the mention of BackcountryStore.com in this list. We used to pay $10 per sale but what we found is that it brought us lots of much smaller sites and people who wanted to just drive mass traffic without targeting.

However we did a lot of $10 sales that we then paid $10 out on and then $3 to CJ.

We switched to a 6% base with a sliding performance scale up to 10.5% and it has worked much better for our top affiliates. Also not so many Geocities applications.

The biggest affiliate sale that came through was about $5,000 for a guy who was going on an expedition. Our average sale is over $175, but we're working on improving that.

You guys rule! Thanks for all of the help and support. If something is not working out let me know.

By the way, we extended our cookie length to 90 days to better insure that our affiliates get their fair payment. Some of our competitors have a zero day cookie duration, most have the default 45 day.

Thanks again,

John Bresee
    Co-founder
    BackcountryStore.com

I could mention BackcountryStore.com, this year I have sent them 652 targeted clicks (I don't promote them as such) I had one sale for a few thousand dollars that was reversed. I have no complaints about this as they did say it came from Indonesia.

But as far as the rest go, nill sales from 652 visitors is not much good to my mind. It doesn't seem to matter if you pay 50% comish or $1.00 per sale non = non whichever way you look at it.

ABW Ambassador
    I started making money from my first affiliate site in November 2001 (well actually it was my wife's site). She was unemployed and I was given notice to finish my job at Christmas. All looked bleak. Then a miracle happened - a sale for $3500 at Sovietski collection (early December I think). I was sure it was a mistake. Commission is 15% which meant we earned $525 on that sale. I have no idea what was bought as the link said it was a $29 plate. Unless they bought 150 plates. Anyway the commission was paid no problem.

Nothing like that since. In fact struggling to pay the bills, but I keep building them pages and hoping for more big ones that don´t get away.

Andy :rolleyes:

ABW Ambassador
    My best ever sale was for 1499.75 with 20% commission. It stuck and I got a check from that merchant within 30 days.

My biggest sale was around $1600 and I got %10 comm. Also once I had two sales around $800 in a row for photoalley(sigh) I thought it was a duplicate order but wasn't [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I did a $1800 sale at JC Whitney in February and it stuck....I can't remember the comission though....$101.00 or something....That's about the biggest this year anyhow at Cj.

Yeah its much better this way John, expecially since I did over $4000 in sales last month, looking forward to the nice fat bonus [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast