Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Reports for Oct 22nd
    My reports are not updated for today. I waited until midnight to see if anyone is going to post a message about it but I am surprised to see that no one did. IS it just me or you guys are so get used to it that it became something ordinary...

It's the weekend - the reports don't ever work on the weekends - if you are lucky they are tracking weekend sales but ...

15 years and counting
    Maybe there's a problem. Even during a week-end some merchants upload sales using Ltrans and I don't see sales on Saturday.

No sales reported for 10/22 or 10/23 yet Matt

Apple and Dell sales are updated daily even during weekends.

I don't show any sales reported since early Friday evenining.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Here is the sitchi as I see it.

Linkshare usually updates many times during the day for various different merchants, I don't know how many times but it happens often....

Some merchants reports sales when they ship, some with the transaction occurs.

On Tuesday or Wednesday of last week....the multiple updates during the day had stopped and there was a couple mini updates between lets say 6 am and 9 am and that was all.

There was no update after I believe 2 pm est on Friday, But it shows click throughs.

So yes....something is most definately up.......

Diddy

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I don't show any sales reported since early Friday evenining.
    same here.

Waiting for stats too.
    Last edited by jrb16915; October 24th, 2005 at 09:01 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    I am also waiting for stats.

Linkshare offices have been open for several hours now. Surprised we have not seen anything from them posted here about that yet.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I sent a copy of this post to Kelli earlier this morning. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The lack of reports since Friday morning is part of the Linkshare affiliate lifestyle improvement program ("LALIP"). It had come to the attention of Linkshare that many afffiliates were working on the weekends rather than enjoying some time off. Timely reporting of results on weekends was making Linkshare an enabler of this anti-social activity. In the short term there is concern that affiliates will spend too much time searching for reports in an effort to get their "stats fix". The more highly addicted affiliates may even try to satisfy this urge by checking both the "old" reports and the synergy analytics reports in search of numbers. Linkshare is giving some thought to adding several additional login security layers to discourage this activity.

Linkshare believes that only through a long term committment to no weekend reports will affiliates give up on searching for stats and begin leading more fufilling lives.

This program is still in beta so of course there may be bugs. If you notice results being reported on the weekend, this is a bug. Please logout immediately and close your browser. Then turn off your computer. These emergency LALIP measures should improve your lifestyle immediately.

As always you probably have feedback. You can try to contact us by posting messages in various public bulletin boards or emailing us. Please include in your email subject line the phrase "annoying email from affiliates, delete without reading.". Including this line is critical to the success of another Linkshare initiative, the LELIP (Linkshare Employee Lifestyle Improvement program). Thank you for your cooperation.

Happy Holidays

PS. This is a parody.

I still have nothing showing from 10/21-10/23.

Great first post, Stats Addict! Welcome to ABW!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Nothing here for the past couple days either. You'd think their servers don't take the weekend off, but I guess computers need to rest too..

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

15 years and counting
    Over 48 hours without an update! It's lunch time now in NYC. Can we expect a status on your problem LinkShare? Nothing on your web site. Nothing on ABW.
    Should we call Rakuten to know what's going on?
    AND don't BS us about HOW MUCH YOU CARE for your affiliates!

Holiday LALIP Initiative.
    With the pressure of the Holiday season descending upon affiliates, Linkshare has taken it upon themselves to extend the weekend LALIP program through Monday. This will give affiliates an additional opportunity to rest and relax before the big holiday push.

If you insist on working today Linkshare will be working with Merchants to issue more coupons with a life span of 1 hour or less. That way you can keep busy adding and deleting links. Remember you will be defeating the purpose of keeping busy if you try to do this with a datafeed or any third party tools.

Happy Holiday Season.

PS. These updates I keep getting are from a guy named Wormwood. Does anybody know anything about this guy.

PPS. This is a parody.

I show clicks and impressions for the days in question, but no sales! I was actually rather surprized this morning to see that my "affiliate payment summary" has been updated to include a payment for 10/24. WOW!!

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    I was actually rather surprized this morning to see that my "affiliate payment summary" has been updated to include a payment for 10/24. WOW!!
    Hey you're right. Well spotted.
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    We're behind on transaction reporting from the weekend. We should be caught up sometime this evening. I'll post again once I know more. Tracking was not impacted, just reporting of transactions sent to us.

Kelli

I'm seeing transactions posting now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

15 years and counting
    It's happening too often. Like they are all in a hurry to leave for the week-end and nobody is on duty.
    How can we be sure transactions are not lost? Who will care if their tracking servers were down on a week-end?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Zeus, actually, along with our affiliates and merchants, we would care. We only make money on the same commissionable transactions that affiliates earn. It would not be in our best interest not to track or report LinkShare affiliate referred transactions.

Kelli

15 years and counting
    Kelli, I understand LinkShare is not paid if the tracking doesn't work and I've no idea if it's happening or not. I understand also that problems happen. I'm not happy because we are never told by a message on LS home page if a problem occurs. I spent several hours to check my links, my traffic, my hosts... for nothing before seeing on ABW I was not alone. How many angry calls did you get this morning at LS? You can avoid it easily.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast